September 19, 2014 | 1179 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Gloss Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Geniae

I bought 2 of these last week for 13,80€ on a 2-for-1 special sale, one in cherry ice and the other in pop pink. They're both gorgeous and very comfortable on the lips because they're very moisturizing. I think they make my lips look plumper and they just illuminate my face. The wear time is also pretty good for such a creamy lipstick. Highly recommend it.

The only con for me is that signature figgy scent of estee lauder's lipsticks and glosses ...which is not my favourite ... but it's tolerable... That's why I don't buy EL lipsticks more often.

I will be purchasing two more if they're still on special offer ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I've two of these lipsticks - the first was a lovely mid-pink shade (cannot remember the name) and I currently have it in Wild Plum. Unfortunately, although lasting power is good for a very creamy/gel formula, these melt very easily. Wild Plum is currently in the fridge in an attempt to rescue it. Won't re-purchase unless they reformulate. Shame as they both looked gorgeous on.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ellieev

I really loved the color I bought - Orange Poppy 08, goes great on my fair skin and dark eyes, also in the summer when i'm more tanned. Also liked the formula - not dry, not sticky, velvetly even. Doesnt dry on the angle of my lips, which is great. BUT.. it ended soo fast. I used to put it on my lips maybe once on two weeks when I went out at night. And it lasted for 5 months. It is really the fastest ending lipstick-gloss I have ever had. And it doesn't stay on the lips for too long, but I guess it is fair enough for a gloss stick.
Would buy again, but only because I love the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lmartin3717

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Pink Sorbet, and I am really happy with it! I get complimented on it a lot. I agree with the other reviews that said that it gives you a nice gloss (not TOO glossy) but is still nicely pigmented. Very satisfied, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Carmen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought about 3 of these at discount outlets, because i will not pay $20+ for a lipstick. I love all of the shades I have - pink something, Deep Lilac, and another pinky-fuschia shade. These go on well and make the lips thicker and pouty. If you find them at a CCO, buy them, as they are about $13 each and worth it. also, do not keep them in a very warm place, as they will get very soft! You also need to use a lip liner with them, otherwise they will run a bit due to their softness. I'm not as thrilled with them as I used to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this today in "pink sorbet" from the cosmetics company store (Tanger outlet) for $13.75, marked down from about $25 that you would pay at Saks or Nordstrom. The product in general is a cross between lipstick and lip gloss (hence the name gloss stick.) it comes in a twist up tube like lipstick, but it is smooth and creamy and slightly sheerer than lipstick, like gloss.

It is shaped like a flat topped lipstick bullet, which I actually prefer to the pointed bullet styles.

The packaging seems sturdy and has the nice estee lauder logo on it. The packaging is frosted and gold, and very classy and luxurious looking.

Application wise, it goes on smoothly, with no tugging or pulling, and it doesn't bleed. I can't give an accurate review of wear yet since I only just tested it out a few minute ago.

Overall, I like the concept and the design. At $13 I would repurchase, but not at $25 as I can get many lipglossrs or lipsticks for less than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the PERFECT gloss stick! Total HG for me. I got it in Honey Pink from ACW, and the texture is like a really creamy lipstick, but is firm enough to slide on perfectly. It also smells slightly sweet, although it has no flavor. The color is a beautiful and bright, but not too bright, with a glossy finish, of course. Would DEFINITELY re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adooore the new Estee Lauder gloss sticks! I've worn mine every day since I bought it. I usually wear a lipstick and wear a gloss over it to stop my lips drying out but with this I don't need to. I have it in the coral shade which is so pretty. The consistency is very creamy and glossy but still gives intense colour. They are also very moisturising and claim to plump lips after four weeks of continuous use. I'm going to buy a few more shades I think!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Estee Lauder makes some pretty phenomenal lip products with a wide variety of shade options. The Pure Color Gloss Stick is interesting as it is a cross between a lipstick and a gloss. It isn't drippy, gloppy, or messy like its drugstore counterparts. It doesn't lack pigmentation like they do, either. I chose Summer Melon, as I felt that Melon was a bit too intense for me and I wanted to try something sheer for summer. It is a beautiful, creamy coral shade that looks like peach ice cream and feels very moisturizing and rich. It isn't too opaque and gives a lovely pop of color without the commitment that lipstick often requires. It doesn't last forever, but it can easily be reapplied.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It seems like everybody got one in Nude Almond, and I can see why.

Packaging
The cap SNAPS on and off (which I love). I'm very picky about packaging after having crumbled eyeshadows, broken powders, melty lip pencils, and leaky lipglosses RUIN makeup bags. Not only is it very sturdy, but classy too (who wants cheap/ugly looking makeup?)

Product
Perfect Nude color for me, which i top with some sheer pink gloss once it starts to dry out (20-30 mins later). The color is very dimensional, which makes lips look nice and pouty.