September 3, 2014 | 1006 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

Okay.. I thought that MoroccanOil treatment was my new hg leave in type product... Now I ask myself: "what's MoroccanOil"? I freaking love this Nectar Thermique. It scared me at first. It's as thick and creamy as a lotion, but my hair drinks it right up. My hair has never done this with any other product. I'm infatuated. Makes my dry, damaged hair soft and silky. Smells luxurious too, but the scent disappears rather quickly. Yes, it's pricey but I definitely would buy it again. Makes me want to try more Kerastase products, as this is my first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by spellstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this leave-in conditioner. I use a pea-sized amount and run through the lengths of my hair. It leaves hair feeling smooth and silky after blow drying and styling. I was recommended this product as it is supposed to protect against heat and I think with regular use my hair feels healthier and better condition.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by evemarie2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Kerastase but this product didn't work for me. I have fine, fuzzy, dry, highlighted hair that rarely stays straight after I blow dry it so I am always looking for something to keep it looking sleek. This made my hair feel very light and almost like cotton wool - it was fuzzier with this product than without! The Ciment version is much better for my hair so if this doesn't work for you I would recommend trying that.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I just don't get Kerastase products in general. I've tried a good handful of products in this line and every single one of them is complete and total crap. My final Kerastase insult was with Nectar Thermique.

I thought that this one would be perfect for my hair as I blow dry very often and at the time I was using this I would flat iron almost every day. As this lotion promotes heat protection and added smoothing / shine I thought this was a win even though I had a hard time justifying the $45 price tag.

Bottom line: this stuff is HORRID. It actually made my already dry hair even drier and would absolutely not hold a style after blow drying and/or flat ironing. My hair would look great for about an hour and then get all kind of kinks and frizz going on. With continued use my hair looked lank, greasy, frizzy and unkempt even after I'd washed and styled it. It was really unbelievable to me that such a high rated and high priced product could be doing more harm than good. I switched to using less each time and then used it every other day thinking maybe it was too rich for daily use yet the awful results persisted.

Like I stated earlier I just don't get Kerastase. This product is of very shoddy quality, contains a lot of synthetic unpronounceable ingredients, does not even come close to delivering the results it promises and yet wears a very high price tag. I saw far better results with hair serums that cost 75% less. I think this product is the perfect example of how when a product is smartly advertised to be revolutionary and magic then people will very easily buy into the hype only to find that it's a completely crap product.

I'm done with all these hyped up salon brand products as they rarely if ever live up to expectation. My advice to anyone interested in Kerastase is to stay far away! Your hair and wallet with thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by theauroragirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the scent is nice, kind of flowery scent.. it's a bit pricey but it's really worth the money you've spent.. it makes my hair smooth and silky,protects my hair from the damage of the flat iron. I use this when i straighten my hair, and it feels amazing. the price wont bother me, so i'll definitely repurchase<3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Where has this been all my life?! I've never blow dried or straightened my hair just to see it be in much better condition afterwards! It's amazing! It smells really good but the scent doesn't last long at all (which is good for everyone here that dislikes the scent). I put this on my damp hair after a shower and blow dry it, sometimes let it air dry although the results are better after using heat, and I also apply some more before I straighten and what I'm left with is healthy looking, extremely soft, gorgeous hair. the kind of hair you get when you go to a salon and come out looking gorgeous. This is now a must have staple of mine and I can already tell that it has improved the condition of my hair! Although extremely pricey, you really don't need a whole lot and i think It's worth it because now my hair feels and looks better than it ever has, and you can't put a price on that!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mum bought this product 9 months ago and gave it to me.I've been using it ever since as leave in conditioner.I do not flat iron my hair, blow dry it or use any heat on it.My hair is curly,waist long and colored and this is the only product that really nourishes my ends and mid-ends.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been trying to use up a tube of this for 3 years now, and I can't seem to do it, there is 25% left that I'll probably just toss in the garbage. It just doesn't work for me.

What I like: the consistency (a nice cream that sinks in easily), and the scent.
What I don't like: it doesn't do anything to my hair, actually my hair looks a bit worse after I use this, as opposed to nothing, or other products (Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep, Joico Smooth Cure). I don't notice any heat protection, any smoothing, any extra shine - nothing. My hair looks more fried the next day.
Also, the price tag is difficult to justify.

I haven't had much luck with Ciment Thermique either, actually I have yet to find a Kerastase product that truly agrees with my hair (even the Oleo Relax serum does nothing spectacular, John Frieda heat protection anti frizz serum is way superior!). Overpriced and mediocre quality, in my experience.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have been using Ciment Thermique (CT) religiously for the last two years and recently ran out. Went to the salon to repurchase and the hairdresser insisted that it's made for damaged hair and mine wasn't. Suggested Nectar Thermique (NT) and the price was about the same. I have been using it for two months to give a fair shot. Unfortunately, I'm not impressed.

I like the packaging a bit better than CT, it easier to handle than the screw lid and looks more sleek.

The scent is more of a sweet artificial white floral, it's not unpleasant and doesn't linger long but I prefer CT's grapefruit-y scent.

The texture creamy, not too thick and a tad oily (compared to CT's gel- cream consistency, anyway)

I used them both the same way, applied the same amount on towel dried hair and blow dried. The I used my flat iron.

The flat iron didn't glide as smoothly, it was harder to straighten my hair- in fact I can't make look as sleek , lightweight, tangle free and flowy as with CT, they don't feel strong and nourished any more and where is that gorgeous shine? Just had a hair cut and they should look their best!

The heat protecting properties were fine but I didn't like the results. I finally bought CT again and voila, gorgeous movie star hair instantly! I'll never stray again...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ncabado

I have been using this product for about three weeks. I know it is an iffy subject with heat protection... It is hard to to really know if a product is protecting Or not but many hear protectants that I have.used.have really given me a nicer feel.. Softness, shinyness etc. I really don't see a difference at all with this product. For the price I definitely don't think its worth it (300 Argentine pesos, 50 USD ). Kerastase didn't wow me with this. won't be repurchasing.