October 25, 2014 | 1630 users online

Lip Gloss - Hawaiian Tropic - Aloha Kiss Moisturizing Lip Gloss spf 20 - island berry

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by val622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My everyday lip gloss. It's got a subtle, berry tint that's perfect for daily use. I'm a stickler for sun protection and it makes total sense that you should care for your lips the way you do the rest of the face, making the spf a very nice bonus. Also, the texture is unique in that it actually does moisturize your lips. It doesn't leave a sticky, tight feel the way very glossy lip products do... and yet it does impart a really great shine. Now, I gave it four lippies rather than five because although the fruity taste is pleasant when you first put it on, it acquires kind of a slightly bitter aftertaste (it really is not that big of a deal though IMO). It's also a bit difficult to find. I've had luck in Publix and Winn Dixie supermarkets, but many drugstores stopped carrying it. Other than those two little details, it really is a great, inexpensive product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I read about this a bit a go and was so excited to try it. But ugh, when I did. It is goopy, slimy & tastes horrible. Usually I don't have an issue with taste, you shouldn't be tasting your lip product. But this was so goopy it always ended up getting a bit in my mouth some how. Nasty experience. I just tossed mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Not my thing. Glides on silkily and not sticky at all, and the colour and shine are nice, but I just can't get over the plasticky smell/taste, I suppose it's the sunblock or else perhaps my tube was already nearing its expiry date. Will probably throw the rest of this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by i_spy_alli

Love this stuff, inexpensive but works well. Nice sheer color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by chloehops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love that I have an option to wear lipgloss instead of just a chapstick with SPF in it. It smells really good and at first it tastes good, like cherries, but it gets this weird aftertaste which gets stuck in the back of my throat. But that is my only complaint. I love the sheer wash of color it gives. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just love this!
I bought while i was going on a holiday.
It moisture really good and doesn't dry out your lips.
The color is so pretty and natural.
I love that it has SPF 25, perfect when your out in the sun!
I think it's great that it is in a tube.
I have this in Island Berry and Mango Papaya, Island Berry is my fav.!
I think the price is great, i will recommend it to all i know.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by LaurenReneeArvay

I love this lip gloss! I got it free with a bottle of sunscreen and it's absolutely amazing for summertime. It smells and tastes delicious and it stays on even when you're splashing around in the beach. It doesn't overpower your lips with color or gloss either it's really subtle and pretty. I recommend for everyone and I will definitely repurchase if I can find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

really yummy and moisturizing lipgloss and it has spf!what more can i ask?will i buy it again?yes :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE it! sorry, got a little excited there. I got this last summer as a freebie with a bottle of sunscreen and thought, "well, I like the free but it's probably just another cheap-as$ greasy gloss I'll use once and end up as a swap extra" -then I tried it. It is buttery smooth, not sticky, smells good, has a lovely sheer pinkish-red tint, no shimmer, lasts a shockingly long time, is a good-sized tube, does indeed moisturize and protect my lips. I wore it overnight by accident once, then I just kept doing it because I woke up with soft smooth lips. I thought I lost it on vacation in September, was about to throw a fit because I loved it that much. Luckily, I found it and after that, I didn't let it out of my sight and used up the entire tube, a rarity due to the insane amount of lip products I have. I've got it on my shopping list right now even though summer is long gone because it is that good and I hope I can still find it. Prior to that freebie with my bottle of sunscreen, I never even knew Hawaiian Tropic made a lipgloss, so this was a pleasant surprise that actually ended up a HG for me. I've get flaky dry lips year-round so anything that actually works is a keeper. I don't care if it's no longer summer, this stuff is the bomb.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells great (more cherry than anything else, I think.) Not too sticky. Little blush of red/dark pink color (not too cool either.) Cheap. SPF.

CONS: Comes out a little too fast/too much out of tube. Messy for that reason and because it has a somewhat oily texture. Also, I don't think the SPF is very protective; because of the texture, it just disappears from the lips quickly (some of it disappearing from the lips because it has migrated onto my skin around the lips and even into my mouth.) Says it's moisturizing, but as soon as it disappears from my lips (which is quick), my lips feel a little more dry than they did before I put it on.