November 24, 2014 | 1088 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - Skin Genesis Pore minimizing Skin Re-Smoother

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nsk4806

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product irritates the area near my nose and it feels burning. It is quite drying, too, so depiste having a combination to oily skin, I had to slather moisturizing cream on it.
This is not a moisturizer. The instruction says, apply before your moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The pores on my forehead are a little visible, I can't make a comment on if it does what it claims to do on pores because I didn't use it every day like you should. I didn't because...it leaves my skin oily.

I think this could be a good moisturizer for those who have dry skin, maybe normal skin but for people who have oily or combination skin it's too oily. I have combination skin with slightly oily T-zone and using this product just caused more oil on that area. I'm afraid I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard about this being a good primer and bought it, as a primer I actually prefer my Biore UV Perfect Face Milk better, but as a serum-ish product this is wonderful...sadly this has been discontinued in my country.

This has a gel like silicone texture, easily absorbed and leaves the skin smooth and soft. It broke me out in the first week of wearing, I usually break out in the first week of using new skin care, and then the breakouts stopped after my skin adjusted to the new skin care...same goes with this. I have not noticed any pore shrinking, but my skin has become so soft after 3 weeks of using this. I noticed that my skin started getting rough when I stopped using this. Texture of the skin has also improved tremendously.

I feel that this is very lightweight and doesn't make me oily, I feel that this might not be enough for dry skin girls. This is also lightly fragranced. This comes in a tube that is a vacuum pumped, and you can't see the product inside.

I would continue buying this, if it weren't discontinued. Highly recommended for anyone wanting baby soft skin. And for all skin type except dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Gaetke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fabulous, it does exactly what it's name says....minimizes pores and re-smooths the skin.

It dispenses creamy and goes on my skin very easily, not heavy, clumpy or hard to deal with.

Makes my complexion look soft and shine free all day. I am really disappointed that it is not easily found on the drug store shelves.

Unfortunately I think it is discontinued. I am trying to find as much as I can and scoop it up!

If anyone knows where I can find it, please post! Thx.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Bought this on sale. Had a horrible breakout of bumps. Don't know if it was from this or not, but the product other wise didn't seem great anyway so I'm not sad to lose it. I also found out I have a reaction to niacinamide, don't know if this has it in there. But beware!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by chicamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall it's a good moisturiser if you're looking for something more affordable, although I found it quite irritating and I found that throughout the day my skin got dry easily so I reapplied a few times in one day. Perhaps my skin was dehydrated? I did find it to make my pores visibly smaller, which is always a plus! It's alright packaging, a bit futuristic (looks a little like a test tube). Would recommend as a good drugstore/supermarket moisturiser, but if you can save up your pennies there are better moisturisers out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Alisha_s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product as I saw it on sale for $10AUD, I believe it retails for approx $25.

Unfortunately I have large pores and I've been looking for a miracle product to help minimise the look of them. Skin Genesis was not the product :(

I can't see any difference at all to my pores after using it.

The only redeeming factor is that it makes a good primer, it feels quite light and my makeup goes on well.

Overall, the product doesn't deliver on its promise so I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by susan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the one beauty product I use that can't be replaced. It has made a tremendous difference in my skin! Please don't stop making it. Sometimes I can't find it in stores and worry that it's not on the market any longer.

Just a terrific, affordable product. Thank you, L'Oreal!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kmennie

Overwhelmingly perfumed -- slight greasy feel -- didn't do ANYTHING to reduce appearance of pores -- caused breakouts -- lousy packaging, impractical and deceptive. (Seconding the recommendation to break the top off; quite a bit of what little product you get will be wasted otherwise.)

This didn't even work for me as a primer; it certainly didn't do anything useful to my skin. Not particularly sure how I got to the end of the bottle. The smell is really...I would not buy another L'Oreal skin product again based on the scent alone. Very disappointed with all aspects of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It makes my skin brighter, smoother, and pore free. I am amazed at how soft my skin feels after using this. I use it morning and night underneath my L'oreal skin genesis day and night creams. I have been impressed with the skin genesis line, people can't believe I am turning 40. I will definitely repurchase.