Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing! Covers very well, doesn't dry your face.. Makes you look like you have a glowing fresh face! Btw I got sandy beige shade

on 5/17/2015 1:19:00 AM

I used this foundation a very long time again, when I first started using makeup and this was my everyday foundation for a while, then I stopped and got distracted by other foundations. Just recently, my to go to foundation (MAC FACE AND BODY) ran out, so I was on a hunt for a new foundation, but decided to try this one again. Now I know why I stopped using it.

COLOUR:
I think I used the beige colour or the most yellow-toned one there is, you can tell by going into store and picking the one with the most yellow coloured pump. However, like many of my other foundations, under sunlight it has a pinkish tinge. Quite disappointing for someone who is yellow toned.

FINISH:
I get an extremely oily forehead so it did get quite oily there during the day. Wasnt sure why, but I found that it didnt set properly on my face, it felt very sticky. I tried to powder my face but it just felt like I was caking more on my face.

PROS:
It was easy to blend onto my face, not a very thick liquid. GOOD coverage. I believe it does have SPF, so although not good for photos, perfect for protection. Probably better for dry skin people who have a pink undertone. Love the packaging, extremely convenient and the glass bottle makes it look very sophisticated ahaha.

on 5/5/2015 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation on and off for the past 4 years and finally, it is time for a review!! This foundation has never been particularly popular among the beauty community but I remember what initially drew me towards this foundation was the "Dream Liquid Mousse" title- sounds divine doesn't it? Nice job marketing, Maybelline. As for my skin, I have combination skin with dehydrated patches in my T-zone. My skin is also acne prone and I almost always have a few zits along my jaw line and my chin. I buy this foundation at my local Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada which typically runs at about $15.99 CAD which is very average for drugstore foundation in Canada. The foundation comes in a very small, glass bottle with a pump you can lock (hooray!!) and still carries the standard 30ml/1 fluid ounce of foundation. I have very, very fair skin with neutral undertones and the shade I wear in this line is the lightest, Porcelain Ivory which is slightly too pink toned but I'm able to make it work. The formulation of the foundation is a fairly thick, yet light feeling liquid. I'm not sure I would describe it as a "moussey" texture but it does have a very luxurious texture and feels very nourishing on the skin which is wonderful if your skin is dehydrated! I apply this foundation with my Urban Decay optical blurring brush after applying a face oil and moisturizer with SPF and it glides effortlessly on to my skin, smoothing over all the dry patches. This foundation offers a very perfecting medium coverage, is very buildable and the finish is quite luminous and airbrushed looking on my skin. With most foundations I avoid using powder because I don't find it necessary but I do think powder is essential when using this foundation. The powder I use with it is the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder and they work together beautifully. The foundation evens out the redness in my skin and covers some of my smaller blemishes but with any larger blemishes I follow up with a concealer (Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer). On my skin, this foundation wears 6-8 hours. The wear time is not bad, but it is average to the lower end of average so if you're looking for extra lasting powder, this is not the product for you. The one upside of the wear time is that when the makeup starts looking oily, it never really breaks down or goes patchy. I blot my foundation once during the day using the Bourjois powder. As for the downsides of this foundation, I think the wear time definitely leaves some room for improvement but more importantly the colour selection is lacking. I once accidentally picked up the next shade up in this line, Classic Ivory and it was at least 3 to 4 shades darker than Porcelain Ivory and incredibly orange which means that I am unable to find a shade in the summer when I am a bit more tanned because my skin never gets quite that dark, or quite that orange! Overall, if you can find a shade that works for you I think this foundation is an excellent purchase and you will be very satisfied. I don't think I've ever found a foundation that looks as airbrushed as this without being actual airbrush makeup. Great product Maybelline.

on 5/4/2015 1:47:00 AM

I have been using this product for about two/three years, give or take.

Of the drugstore foundations I've used, this one is easy to blend, matches my skin tone pretty perfectly -- I use "nude beige - light 3.5", and yeilds pretty great coverage (I have some mild facial scarring as well as the occasional monster-zit.) It doesn't irritate my skin (and my skin is allergic to almost anything!)

The only con is that I *do* have to reapply about 1x a day, or within 8-12 hours of initial application.

on 4/21/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, it doesn't make me so oily. I doesn't break me out. This is by far the best drug store foundation I have tried.

on 4/21/2015 9:30:00 PM

LOVE this product, covers well and lasts. BUT there lightest shade is actually quit dark, so its hard for me to blend.

on 4/8/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved the idea of a full coverage foundation giving me a pretty airbrushed and airy look. It really does give my skin a pretty, gorgeous look. I'm also in love with the pump, because it' so hygienic. The issue with it I that it melts off my face within a few hours and doesn't stay very long. If you need to run somewhere for a few hours it'll likely do the trick. The other problem I thought was odd, is that I'm usually a lower medium/ darker light shade and I got this in the second palest shade and it was a tad dark. I'm gonna keep it around for summer because I kinda look like I got a tan with it.

on 4/7/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I found that the name of this foundation is indeed accurate- it blends like a dream and does give your skin an airbrushed look. I have dry, flaky skin with acne, and it covered all my redness and blemishes without emphasizing my dry spots. The finish is slightly matte but a bit luminous as well. So far, this is the best foundation at any price.

on 4/2/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry skin. This always emphasized every tiny little flake on my skin. It came out uneven and looked terrible even over primer. I tried many different combonations. This is not for dry skin.

on 3/14/2015 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hope Maybelline never discontinues this foundation. It definitely works on my dry/combo skin beautifully. It is medium coverage and just looks like healthy skin. Every time I wear this my boyfriend marvels at how beautiful and even my skin looks and he has no idea it's foundation!

I like to apply a small amount with clean fingers and building up a bit more on red areas. I have tried applying with foundation brush, flat kabuki, but I find this one looks better with fingers. I always gently press a tissue paper on any foundation to blot off excess and lightly powder my t-zone. As always and with any foundation, I make sure to gently exfoliate my t-zone regularly to keep nasty skin flakes off and always moisturize. This does not make me break out and I love that it has a pump.

The only con (but not worth taking a star of in my opinion) is that this needs a little primer which keeps it from oxidizing on my face, which can be the case slightly with any foundation on me. If you have very oily skin this foundation may not be for you. My sister has purchased this foundation several times hoping it would work on her oily skin and in the end she just passes it on to me; but yes, she has tried it more than once because how beautiful it looks on me and I rave about it so.