December 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by BeccaWillBite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oxidized immediately. Highlights my enlarged pores and wrinkles. No staying power, comes off with barely touching my face. Midway through a 12 hour shift (I basically work out for a living) lots of sweating and dirt, it seems to turn into a greasy, filthy mess and what hasn't slipped into your pores, slides down your face. Powder will not save this foundation. Horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seems like the hunt for the perfect foundation will continue forever. I was frustrated by some really, really bad color matches made for me at the counters of high end brands so I took to the drug store. This foundation is one I hadn't really seen a lot of buzz about but the color looked better than the sample of Double Long Wear I had in my purse so I bought it. It comes in a glass container with a pump and dispenses the product reasonably (neither too much or too little) and I can ease up on the pump action to get just a smidge. Pause here to muse on why some high end foundations don't have such pumps if they can be included on a product which costs a fraction... Anyway, the color Caramel - Dark 2 looked ashy right out of the bottle but not on the skin. The coverage is medium to full and easily built up to full where needed. For the first application I didn't use a bullet-proof pore filling primer and had some orange peely areas which I fixed with a light rub of setting powder. Powder on top of the satin finish was a bit much until I set it with UD Chill setting spray. Despite building it up in some areas and adding powder I wore it comfortably for over 8 hours without once feeling like I had a ton of makeup on. When I looked in the mirror I could see it, if you know what I mean, but not in a horrible way. It doesn't look like skin in the areas you build up but it's a rare foundation that does when its piled on. I had the usual glow about the nose and found a blotter sheet works better than powder to eliminate shine. It did move a bit when I applied my bronzer after the setting powder so I now set it with a setting spray before going on with blush and bronzer. I used a brush but this is the type of foundation you can grab when you want to run out of the house quickly for an errand and need something you can smear on with your fingers. It reminds me of Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 (but isn't as drying) in that respect. Because it moved after it was supposed to have set I wouldn't chance this without at least one pass of setting spray. Pleasantly surprised by this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by breannalynnn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation a little while ago and only needed one use from it to decide I hated it. I did use it for a little while after that because the drugstore was out of my shade in my normal foundation so I needed a backup until I could get my usual stuff. The lightest shade wasnt light enough for me and it oxidized and turned me orange. It didn't cover up anything really and made my skin dry. The good thing is that it does have a pump, if I remember correctly the pump didn't have a lock on it so if the lid fell off in your makeup bag, it could easily get everywhere. It was also nicely priced but not even worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yeah the colors are ridiculous ither to pink or orange I got the shade porceline and it oxidized like crazy and this caked up on my dry skin horribly I didn't see any "air brushed" effects just made my pores more noticable and my dry patches stand out like a sore thumb. the ONLY pro is a pump and sturdy glass packaging besides that this is a pretty bad foundation do not reccomend especially for dry skinned girls like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by HellanKarson2014

I use this as my every day foundation, and I think it is a fair buy. I bought it because what initially "attracted" me to it, was that it isn't supposed to be cakey. I think it really isn't all that cakey, you CAN tell you're wearing foundation, but from a few feet away, you can't tell easily. It does have a sort of natural look to it, and hides redness and acne, I'd still use a concealer though. So those are the good parts, here are the cons: It looks really nice for a few hours, but near the end of the day, it feels a little heavy and starts to come off, so if you rub your face or touch your face (even if it's subconsciously) I still think you'll be fine for 4-6 hours. Also, it seems to run out quickly, my other foundations that I used to wear daily would last me 5-7 months, but this one only lasts about 4, which can be good or bad, depending on your expectations. One last thing, the pump top came off of mine and I put it back on, it keeps popping off, and I can't "lock" it now, however the pump still works.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by tttf2d

I bought it at first, because I liked the pump. I also thought that the color (Honey Beige) matched my skin. It does blend well and it's easy to apply. However, I noticed that my skin broke out every time I used it. Needless to say, I stopped using the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is with Maybelline and their foundations? I swear they cannot be color blind in the development lab because ivory and the other shades are not pink or orange. So why the shade confusion? I swear that every foundation is tinged with those hues or eventually become that on your face. This product is no exception. So, what did I find right about it? The packaging is simple. It blends easily. As far as airbrushed goes, no it didn't make my complexion look pore less. And it was oily in texture. I don't know why cosmetic companies think that dry skinned individuals need to have a ton of oil in their products because they don't. The only reason I wanted to try this was because when I typed in Maybelline foundations for sensitive skin, this came up. I will say it did not irritate my skin but it had no other redeeming qualities either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by karlabee96

I absolutely am in love with this foundation !!! I've tryed pretty much every drugstore foundation there is over the years. And really I think this is the best one!! I have oily combination skin and this is the only foundation that doesn't wear off or slide off my face even without a face primer. It really does give you a airbrush finish this foundation and a beauty blender !! Omg beautiful flawless finish. Its a medium to full coverage foundation it hides my redness acne and acne scares ! The only complaint I have is that this foundation has a very pink undertone! :( It was so pink that it was almost looked red.. I had to mix it with a very ivory colored foundation with a neutral undertone to even it out maybe I'll get a different color next time and hopefully the undertone isn't so pink other then that I LOVE this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sharonl501

Pros:
-Blends easily
-Twist and lock top that prevents the product from leaking
-Natural finish, good for oily skin bc it doesnt make your skin look oily
-Good coverage

Cons:
-Makes dry skin or peeling visible
-Doesn't last very long

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTarantino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to foundation.
I think it depends on how you apply it that it looks "cakey". Less is more with this foundation. I use BB creme and concealer under my foundation sometimes and whether I use the BB creme or not, my skin looks flawless and I use my fingers to apply my foundation.

It's kind of pricey but not bank-breaking but considering how long mine lasts (2-3 months).

I love the glass bottle with the pump lid and I love you can lock the pump. It won't leak in my suitcase!

All in all, I would reccommend this product to anyone who was looking to try something to make their skin look photoshop smooth.