September 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I used this foundation years ago and loved it and I thought I would try it again as I ran out and was looking for a different product to try. The shade I used then has been discontinued. So I picked up the caramel. For summer it was a bit light for me almost ashy looking on my skin, but did look smooth and flawless once it was applied. This foundation did not sit well on my face it was melting away after a few hours of wear with primer. I think I'll just use it if I need a quick fix face, not for everyday or going out, as the lasting power just isn't there. The pump is great though!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I figured I'd give this a try when I finally gave up on bb creams . I've been using it for about a week and in my opinion its not the worst or best product out there.
PROS
It has a great bottle with a pump which keeps things sanitary.
it seems to be unscented/fragrance free as far as I can tell
It has a good medium coverage that blends decently.
I get compliments from my boyfriend when i wear it about how cute I look or how good my makeup looks today or my skin looks clearer which is nice :)
It has an easy application with fingers or brush.
Doesn't seem to break me out but I have not been using it that long so we will see about that...
Didn't settle into any fine lines
Didn't accentuate dry patches
Felt somewhat hydrating during wear

CONS
Does not have the matte finish I was looking for. Very shiny but not as greasy looking as the bb creams I've tried.
Oxidizes after about 5 hours (I use a blot paper on my face and then apply my bronzer or face powder again to refresh )
Feels somewhat sticky on my face for a few hours until it settles
Upon oxidation it darkens in color. Can turn orange in certain shades. I have nude and it seems to be okay.
I'm not sure I like the texture of it . its hard to describe, but the cream goes to a somewhat powder feel as it glides over the skin and I just don't like it.
Have to apply it speedily because of the cream to powder thing.
Can be cakey if applied to thickly or not quick enough.

All in all its a decent foundation for the price. I paid $9 for it and I'll use it til its gone and I don't know if I will repurchase or not. I will probably continue my search for the perfect foundation.
Its a good value if u can find your matching shade and if you have the right skin for it. I don't think oily skinned people should choose this. Normal/dry/very dry skin only.
I'd love to go back to my Vichy foundation but I'm too tanned this summer and I can't get a match. Either too dark or too light. Grrrrrr.....

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fortworthfamous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke me out as well. Apparently me and maybelline don't get along... It covered really well. I turned to it when my skin was bad to cover my spots. The coverage was ok, a bit cakey, didn't last too long in the Texas heat and humidity. But every time I go back and give it a try it breaks me out! I think when companies try to do these kitschy consistencies (mousse, liquid powder, etc.) they add ingredients that are harsh on skin. Also, I'm just realizing the older I get I can't use cheap drugstore makeup anymore. My skin needs higher quality products, especially with a foundation that's sitting on your pores all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first purchased this foundation I didn't think much of it. But recently I started applying my foundation with a flat kabuki foundation brush and have in turn found a new appreciation for Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It provided a good medium coverage and wears quite well if set with powder. This isn't my favourite liquid foundation but I think for the price it's still a good purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Tooooorrrrrrriiiiiiii

I hated this foundation. I wore it to school and it would last a few hours before coming off completely. It also makes my pores stand out and really shows off my pimples. My face looks really cakey and I would definitely not use this foundation again 😂

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by emman95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally liked it and im surprised i did considering my awful luck with other maybelline foundations i have tried.

it looks light weight and natural on my dry skin and it stays that way through out the day. it is not drying and dose not accentuate any flaky areas i have; i do not powder it though and i make sure to will exfoliate and moisturize before applying it.
it is medium coverage; i do stipple the foundation on the areas i need extra coverage on. it is not sticky and will feel like skin after a while of application; it reminds me of the finish nars sheer glow gives me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by mlutebay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have an oily complexion and thought maybe the "powder-like finish" of this foundation would help alleviate some of the greasiness that seems to pop up on my face midday. However, this foundation turned my face into a greasy, makeup-y mess less than a couple hours after applying it. No foundation has ever made my skin so oily; the makeup literally melted off of my face! The same applies to the Dream Smooth Mousse that comes in the small, glass pot (this happens with any of the "mousse" products, really).

I love Maybeline, but this foundation just missed the mark for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by TropicEssence

I absolutely loved the name and look of this foundation when I saw it at the store. It sounded so perfect! I was wrong. Upon applying this foundation all over my face with my favorite foundation brush, I could see: all my imperfections stood out. Pores, bumps, fine lines.. Everything ! Everything that other foundations can hide. Like all Maybelline Foundations that I have tried, it was very Orangey-Pink for my Neutral skin. However, if I mix this with Loreal True Match foundation in W1, with this foundation in Light 4, it makes the perfect coverage and color for me. It's the only combo I'll ever use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by emur

I hate this foundation! I don't like to be a hater but it just feels like I'm putting oil onto my face and it looks cakey! YAK!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation ever. I am in between Light 1 and 2 (as usual, my skin is never a normal shade) and I add one pump of each and mix them together and they match my skin wonderfully. I have been as dark as Light 4 and I bought medium 1 to use as a contouring shade. There are quite a few shades in the light/medium/dark ranges, I think there are 12 in total. The formula is really creamy and not too runny. It tends to dry quickly once you pump it so it is best to work fast with your foundation brush/hands/sponge so that you can get enough for an application. I really like the pump because the nozzle locks so it won't leak out if you toss it in your makeup bag for traveling. The old bottle had a lid that went over the locking pump but now it is just the locking nozzle/pump which is nice because there are fewer lids to lose. I would say the formula is medium to full coverage, you could easily apply this to be full coverage with an extra layer. It blends well and doesn't settle into pores. I set it with powder because it can get a little shiny by the end of the day without powder. I have normal skin but get just a touch of oil on my forehead if I don't put any powder on. It lasts all day too, I use primer underneath but if you aren't constantly touching your face it lasts on its own. I definitely recommend this foundation as a nice, creamy, medium-to-full-coverage for normal to dry skin types. It is also affordable at about $9 a bottle and I have only used one whole bottle in the 5+ years I have used this foundation. Good stuff!