Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Flashy Fuchsia

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite polish by far. I was so tired of doing my nails and then having them ruined because I thought they were dry but they really weren't. But after finding this, that's not a problem for me anymore. One coat dries in about a minute for me. The brush is awesome and can almost completely coat my nail in one motion. This color is very vibrant. It lasts about 5 days without chipping, which is fine with me because I start to get bored with the color after about a week and do another manicure. This is the only nail polish I buy now. Wish I could get all the colors!

on 11/18/2014 6:25:00 AM

It's alright! It dries fast, but also chips fast! There is shimmer in the bottle but it does not go onto the nail. The brush is nice and for the price, it's a fine nail polish to have on if you want the colour on for a day or two - it doesn't last much longer than that.

on 5/30/2013 10:59:00 PM

A nice fuchsia, thought the shimmer in the bottle isn't visible on the nail except in direct sunlight, so it's not very "flashy." Sally Hansen Insta-Dry polishes are my go to polishes when I want to paint my nails, but don't have much time. I only use one coat of Flashy Fuchsia, which dries to the touch in 60 seconds. I would suggest not doing much with your hands until a few minutes after application, because it can smudge or dent. This polish is slightly staining, so use a base coat. You can get it off of your hands with a little extra nail polish remover. With a base coat and top coat it lasts about a week (it doesn't last quite as long as higher end polishes, e.g. OPI, but that's fine for the price). Without a top coat it chips within a day.

The brush is awkward because it is a little overly large, and picks up too much polish. Make sure you wipe off most of the excess polish before you use it, though not too much or it won't spread well. Watch out because excess polish drips down quickly from the top of the brush. I usually wait for most of this polish to drip off into the bottle before I start. Once you're ready to apply the polish, it takes about two strokes to cover larger nails, one for the pinky.

on 4/19/2012 10:43:00 AM

I buy this line over and over again! I most love when a product does what the label says it does...QUICK DRY!!! I love the espresso color and this one. I also have a few other colors and everyone one I have enjoyed. I hope they never stop making this formula. Honestly, you can give yourself a manicure in a flash! The toes too...perfect!! I can't say enough great things about this polish!!

on 5/21/2011 8:42:00 PM

I had to come on here and write a review on this polish because it dried so fast! It actually did dry instantly. I am not that crazy about the color but that's just my own preference..it's a bit dark and kind of flat. There is a slight blue duo chrome but it's not really noticable on the nails. The brush is good and the consistency was good although it's a bit hard to apply without getting a mess everywhere..I'd say it's on the thick side. I think I will definitely be trying out more colors that I'm sure I'll like a lot more.

on 11/6/2010 3:58:00 PM

This is the MOST luscious shade of fuchsia polish I have ever owned, and I have two shoe boxes packed tight with nail polishes. It's a rich, tasty shade of fuchsia that doesn't turn dark on your nails after a few days out in the air. The shine stays and there's an interesting blue aura under certain lighting, so if your skin tone doesn't like bluish undertones, pass on this. But go ahead and try any another color because the Insta-Dri might be the *best nail polish out there.* I always use a base coat (current fave is Barielle Camouflage) which I let fully dry, then the Insta-Dri goes on and it NEVER streaks, bubbles or clumps. The wide flat brush has cut my application time in half and the quick dry-time has made my manicures easier to put into a busy schedule.

I'm usually an OPI girl, but for less than $5 on sale, this is my new favorite. The brush makes putting on nail polish easy and since it dries quickly I'm done in 5 min (base+ color+ top coat). I add the top-coat daily and can stretch one application for most of the week. Finally, it doesn't look like a blind monkey did my nails, yay. It gets only 4 lippies due to the lack of variety of colors. The brush gets a 5.

on 11/16/2009 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this nail polish, as well as others in the Insta-Dri line. The brush is a bit big and the polish can come out a little thick but the colors are really pretty. This actually wasn't as "flashy" as I was hoping but it's still a nice bright pink color. Because of the thick application you can probably get away with one coat but I put two on anyway. I have 3 polishes in this product line and will definitely get more!

on 11/9/2009 8:58:00 PM

Today is the first time I tried this color and I love it! I deducted one lippie because in the bottle, it has a noticeable flash of blue but on my nails, the only way I can really notice it is in direct sunlight. But I'm still very happy with this color, as it is not horribly bright as some I have tried. Perhaps if I use two coats, the blue shimmer will be more noticeable. I might try that the next time, even though I got good coverage from one coat.

The formula is thick but, for some reason, it does not make this polish difficult to work with. Even the fast drying didn't interfere with the application. I was able to go over areas I was not happy with, without any clumping, etc. One BIG plus with this formula is that the polish stays where you put it, instead of running down into the cuticles. I did read unfavorable reviews regarding the formula, but I found it to be one of the easiest to work with that I have ever tried!

This time I very carefully studied the brush and I have come to the conclusion that those gals that hate it are probably using it at the wrong angle. With the gently rounded end, it should fit anyone's nail bed. I believe some members are trying to use the narrow side to apply the polish and I can see why that won't work. Then the brush would have a strange angle, as mentioned by others. You need to put the FLAT side straight down on your nail and I believe you will be very pleased with the results. I actually look forward to doing my nails when I will be using one of the Insta-Dri polishes because it is unbelieveably easy.

I found I can also remove the excess polish from the shaft? (not sure what it's called, but the straight part that holds the bristles) by holding the brush horizontally and wiping it on the top edge of the bottle. You cannot remove the excess polish by the traditional way of wiping against the inside edge of the bottle.

I am so pleased with this product that I purchased yet another color today, Racey Rouge. I hope it looks as nice as it does in the bottle!

Just this morning, I removed the first color I tried, Rushing Rubies, a cool shimmery red. I did not have any problem with it staining my nails but I used Nail Tek Foundation II as a base coat, so that probably helped.

I am getting reasonable (not great) wear out of this polish, with minor repairable chipping on the second day. But that happens to me with all polishes except Duri and the new Nailtiques protein based polishes. Even OPI doesn't give me any better wear than Insta-Dri but Insta-Dri has the added benefit of drying so fast that it isn't bothersome to do another manicure.

Overall, I am hooked on these polishes! The only downside is that there are not many colors available but I hope they come out with LOTS more, I'll be sure to buy them!

on 6/29/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this polish! The colours are awesome and bright. I love the brush because it is wide which make application a thousand times easier. The brush also smooths out the polish some how, and one coat of colour is all you need!

Popular Polishes