April 16, 2014 | 2003 users online

Liquid - Illuminare - Ultimate All Day Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by shoozy123

My HG mineral foundation ! This stuff does not budge after full day of work starting at 6am through a hot yoga class at 6pm. When I got home most of my makeup sweat off except this foundation. Wow. I love this is mineral liquid and you need just a drop to cover the entire face. Then a dab on Melasma spots and IT cosmetics concealer ( also waterproof ) and LancĂ´me waterproof mascara with a dash of YVL gel eyeliner and I'm set for the day and night - all held up with this foundation. Already bought 2 additional tubes for back up. This suff is cheap compared to YSL and Cle De Peau and holds up way better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I got the matte finish (all day) foundation as part of the trial pack. I actually like it in that it is very good at concealing (the concealing foundation is too thick), but I took off lippies because this foundation is VERY difficult to remove, the color selection is horrible, and too dry.

Hard to remove: I used my usual facewash, which removes other foundations with no trace, and this one would leave behind residue (not totally obvious unless you try the foundation on your hands).

Color selection: I'm an NC15. For some reason, the other foundations in the Illuminare line for Portofino Porcelain work on my skin, but PP from the matte finish is a shade darker (a little red, even; I tried on my wrist, where it was most obvious).

Too Dry: I have combination skin, and it is too dry for me (I use a moisturizer underneath). I can see my skin bunch up when I tried a teeny tiny dot on my hands. On my face, the dryness did not show up right away.

Overall, OK for spot concealing. Users should get the trial pack. I bought through Skinstore (customer service and the price, with code) cannot be beat.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sharthesinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with another reviewer about this product. Unless you have oily skin, it's not great. My skin leans towards dryer and even after applying a thick layer of my daily spf moisturizer, this STILL clung to dryer areas of my face. I looked like I was peeling on my nose and had to apply more moisturizer on top.

What I DO like about this is the color match with my skin. I'm medium toned and the Porcelain shade is great. It does look good on areas where I have less dryness. AND, I plan to keep the sample I received to use as a concealer, which I also think it works great at.

The low number of lips is simply because for someone with dryer skin, this product may not be for you.

P.S. I tried the Fantastic Finish and it stuck to my dry spots as well...

Boo Hoo I really wanted to like this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jbriscuso

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation and loved it. I feel like some of the people who are not liking this foundation and feel like it is too thick and mask like are applying it incorrectly. If you put it on with a brush or a sponge like you normally apply any other foundation, it will be thick and mask like. You need to either use their flocked sponge or use a Beauty Blender moistened. It will make a world of difference. I personally use the Beauty Blender and it goes on beautifully, it lasts all day and looks like a perfect airbrushed finish. I really love this foundation for the summer, it stays put until I remove it. I have normal to oily skin with monthly breakouts and some large pores around my nose and forehead. It truly makes my skin look perfect. It does take a little extra time making sure its blended well, but its worth it in the end. You need such a small amount to cover your whole face, its worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Zoaie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this in the Portofino Porcelain shade. Although this foundation may seem a little pricey for the amount in the tube, a very little of this goes a very long way. Also, the fact that it has an SPF of 21, means I don't have to spend extra $ on buying a separate sunscreen. I use about 3-4 dots worth and that covers my entire face. I only use this in the Summer months, when I don't want my foundation to sweat off or look greasy. The consistency of this is pretty thick so, I like to smooth on a layer of oil free face lotion, let that absorb completely, then put the foundation over that. It stays on until I wash it off with a really good cleanser. I would highly recommend trying out a set of the Illuminare- Trial Size Foundation Introductory Pack first, so you can test which formula/shade will work best for you, before investing in a full size tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

Umm...so this kind of works like a concealer since a little goes a LOONNNGG LONG WAY...And I think I will continue to use this ONLY as a concealer and not for the full face just because of the poor blending ability. The bad blending ability makes some areas look chalky and leaves different color streaks where I couldn't blend anymore, which is my cheeks since I start from the center of my face and outwards. I'm wearing it RIGHT NOW in Sienna Sun and there is no oil control what so ever. After 30mins of applying it on, the oil literally wanted to come out so bad that it's like bubbling through this thick mask. I'm not even kidding. If you look closely at my nose area, there are like bubble forms of OIL trying to come out and once it does, I just look like a mess! The pores around my nose start to show cause of the oil coming out. To blend the streaky parts out, and to control the oil......I tried using Laura Mercier's Secret Finish Mattifer on top of it (cause it says you can put it over foundation). It worked because the product itself sucked too and smears my make-up. but in combination with THIS (Illuminare Ultimate All Day foundation), it was perfect! hahaha. GEEZ makes me angry! If someone is looking for a REAL mattifying foundation, go with Hourglass' Immaculate Liquid to Powder Mattifying foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBegoun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by inouerinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this foundation is a long story because somehow i refused to throw them away.

i got mine in Sienna Sun and Florentine Fair because i am somewhere in between. i mix them together and i got (almost) perfect match for my skin tone.

the texture of this foundation is crazy. Florentine Fair has better blend-ability. Sienna Sun is almost un-blendable.

this blends better if i am using it right after moisturizing but i don't like moisturizing during the day because i have a VERY oily skin.

applying this after toner is challenging because of the poor blend-ability. what i did was i sprayed toner on the brush and i apply it super fast when my face is still moist and re-moisten the area where i wanna i apply this. (i don't like using this with the flocked sponge because the sponge shed on my face). at least this technique helped.

also, they are serious when they told you a little goes a long way. but will i get spf21 protection during the day if i am using microscopic size of this foundation?

recently, i mixed these with an spf30 sunscreen which has no blend-ability issues. i found that using it this way is the best way to go. it defeats the whole purpose of mattifying all day but ensure easy blend-ability and full spf protection.

Lastly, this foundation is challenging and tricky that mastering it made me think that i have earned a title of a 'MacGyver' in foundation application techniques and improvisation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

While I can't use this on my skin right now because it's too dry for this ultra-matte finish, I think this is a great foundation. It's an HG for anyone with serious oil problems, and it covers like a dream. However, unless you have seriously oily skin or moderately oily skin and it's really humid out, this probably won't work for you. I've been using retin-a and while I don't consider my skin dry, it's drier than it usually is, and this foundation dried it out even more, leaving it flaky and looking cakey and weird. I think this will work great for me in the summer when it's more humid and I sweat more. I've been using this as a spot concealer and it works good for that as well. For all over color I've been using the fantastic finish version and that works like a dream.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by teknoturtl

The reason I tried this foundation was because it is supposed to be good for oily skin. I did not notice a difference in my oiliness, I still had to blot at the same intervals as I do w/o any makeup at all.

I will say a little bit of this make up goes a loong way, and even just a little bit too much will make me look chalky.

I spent many days trying to get the application of this make up just right. When When I applied this to bare skin or skin with already absorbed moisturizer it looked TERRIBLE. It was like EVERY pore on my face was magnified!!!

I almost gave up, but then tried another application method:
I put on a mineral powder base, then dab on moisturizer (do not rub in) then I dab on the foundation, using the application pad. Then I blend both the moisturizer and the make up at the same time. I have found that this method gives me the best finish and helps the makeup not to settle in to every pore.

I have tried putting this on both with and without the fast application pad, and it does look much better with the pad, and also blends much much easier.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the foundation now that I have gotten a method down for making it look decent. However, I don't know if I will purchase again since I would like to have a foundation that meets my needs without me having to do extra steps just to make it look good.