July 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Styling Products - Quantum Sequence Professional Weightless Styling Foam

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

In my search for an alcohol - free and conditioning styling mousse that is a carbon copy of Clairol Condition 3-in-1 moisturizing mousse, I thought this one would come very close. I purchased it at a salon for about $12 (CAD).
Quantum Sequence Professional Weightless Styling foam is alcohol-free, claims to condition the hair while volumizing, without buildup or stickiness. Some of the ingredients are vitamins A, C, and E, Keratin and silk amino acids, to name a few. It does not have sunscreen like the Clairol Condition 3-in-1 mousse. However, when I tried this mousse, I was nicely surprised: I used it on damp hair and it defined my curls wonderfully, while adding softness and volume w/out buildup and all that other jazz. The scent is quite pleasant and subtle. The texture is more on the creamy side, very silimar to Clairol's; it does not get "bigger" once pumped out of the can, nor does it separate. It spreads easily throughout the hair. What I also like is that the mousse does not leave my hair oily, limp/stringy. Further, I like this mousse much better than the cheaper Quantum one at The drugstore and Sally's in the beige can. That one is also alcohol-free, but it left alot of buildup and did nothing for my hair. The scent was nice though, somewhat like cherries. Overall, I am happy with this mousse, even though its on the pricier side, it is just so difficult to find a mousse these days that is alcohol free and conditioning. The can is quite big, so this will last a long time and is easily available. In the volumizing department, this is sufficient, but I find John frieda's Luxurious volume gives more, but I prefer the texture of this mousse. 5 lippies:) **EDIT**
I have knocked off two lippies for this mousse, as I found that while it made my hair soft and silky, it did not do much for my curls. When it dries, it gets frizzy. On dry hair, it gives shine and all that good stuff BUT after a while, it leaves a weird film on my hair. I like JF Luxurious Volume better because it gives some hold while adding softness.**UPDATE/EDIT**: I have found Hask Manage Damage styling mousse to be extremely effective. I purchased it at my local drugstore for about $5 (CAD). It works MUCH better than Quantum, in that it does not leave buildup, residue, or make my hair stringy or crunchy. This mousse is ouf outstanding quality, even though it is a little more than half the price of Quantum Sequence. I also found Manaage Damage to be much better than John Frieda Luxurious mousse-it made my hair fuzzy. Overall: I place this mousse as one of the best, inaddition Clairol Condition 3-in-1. These are affordable mousses with superior quality & performance.