October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Tuscan Russet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this for $3.00 dollars at a Avon stand in a craft/antique market. I hope that doesn't mean this is on the way out, because this is the perfect brick red on me. It has enough brown in it to keep it from looking cartoonish with my red hair, but enough red to still read as a red lipstick. This is actually a really great dupe for Elizabeth Arden's Autumn lipstick, which sadly I can't find anymore. Don't go based on the color printout of the lipstick on the bottom of the tube, which makes this look very berry toned. If you're looking for a berry red, you'll be disappointed. This is definately more of a brownish or brick red.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by simpledom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am dark skin and I found this color to be beautiful, It's smooth and glide on well. I have no problem with drying my lips (i put balm and lip liner first) and I found that it last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A beautiful color and I like how it feels when it is on, but I am having a problem with all Avon lipsticks - they break. They are too soft and they break if applied directly from the tube! I love the colors, but this breakage thing is so strange. None of my other lipsticks from other manufacturers is this ever a problem with... It isn't like it is unusually hot here either - it is winter... I don't get it... The only Avon lipsticks that haven't broken are their Glazewear - and those are like glosses, and their Perfect Wear. So my recommendation if you love their lipsticks - use a Lipstick brush or apply very very lightly. :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a deep brownish red. Like another reviewer wrote, it's deep without being dark, and red without being full-on RED. I'm NC20-25 with very dark hair and eyes and this colour is super flattering. The downside? It's very, very drying. My lips peel constantly and get deep cracks from this formula, even if I apply lip balm underneath. Love the colour and staying power, but hate painfully dry lips. Most Avon lipsticks are super drying (all formulas). Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tripleplaysaver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have black hair, brown eyes and pale skin (in the winter.) I really love the shade of red. It's deep without being dark, red without being RED. I like the texture. Light (but not terribly moist, so it stays on.) Slightly matte with a hint of satin. Very flattering shade. Being red, it's a high maintenance color though. I need to check and reapply every few hours, especially after eating. I use this over a tacky lip balm. Mine came in promotional cheapie packaging. I prefer the look of the 'real' tubes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm...Its definitely a brownish russet dark color. Not for my liking. I was thinking it was more a terra cotta color with orange tawny brown, but its not flattering.