NYX Powder Blush - Taupe

4.2

on 7/14/2015 3:25:00 AM

When I bought this last year, it was my first real contouring product. I think it's a great product for beginners because it's not easy to go overboard. With a fluffy contour brush, it takes several layers to get a significant contour. I usually just use this in the hollows of my cheeks and around my forehead, but it's also very useful for nose contouring as well. There may be better products out there, but for now, I'm content with this product. definitely worth trying.

on 6/13/2015 7:24:00 PM

this is a great contour shade for pale girls like myself..its very cool toned and creates the perfect shadow.. its very pigmented not powdery at all nice and smooth and easy to blend out..

on 5/26/2015 3:53:00 AM

It's the most natural product for contouring my check-bone and nose. Being a drugstore product makes this powder becomes a staple items in my everyday makeup routine.

on 5/19/2015 7:44:00 PM

This product only works well on FAIR skin tone for all over face contouring. I have light/medium skin (nc25) and it barely shows up. I have to rub my brush pretty hard to get any color pay off. The product is on my brush, its just the color that doesn't show up. I tried this as nose contouring by using a smaller denser brush and it seems to work good, I like it for this purpose. its very grey with a bit of warmth and purple in it.

on 4/12/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Caveat: This only gets 2 stars because it didn't work for me and as a "heads up" to others with my skin tone. If you are pale this would be THE BOMB contouring product and likely get a 5 star rating easily!

Note to NC30's and darker:
This will NOT work for you as a contouring product - It will be too light and if you are warm toned and try to pack it on for some sort of color payoff or attempt to use it as a barely there blush, it will look too grey and muddy.

Note to pale skin shades = lighter than NC30:
This is gonna look awesome as a contour! Especially if cool toned.

Pro's and cons abt the product:
Dirt cheap stuff here so if it works for you congrats! There is a ton of fallout to this product but it's so inexpensive that's not a big deal I suppose. Dispite fallout, I don't find this to be chalky on actual application and it seems easily blendable. This is inexpensive enough for anyone to give it a try and see how they feel about it. If you are a contouring newbie this is a good place to start experimenting as well. I highly recomend this for pale skinned folks, not at all for medium and darker.

on 4/5/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This doesn't have much pigmentation, I find it hard to get enough product on my brush. This blush is chalky and does not show up to much on my NC30 (yellow) skin tone. I think this would look better on lighter and cooler skintones. I personally don't like the formula, not pigmented enough does not blend well and my brushes don't pick up much of the product, I tossed it!

on 3/22/2015 7:39:00 PM

I have this shade in both original and HD formula. It's a very cool tone, grey taupe. For my NC25-30 it works awesome as a contour shade. I would never wear this as a blush. The original isnt very light in pigmentation but build-able. It looks like it was have a sheen but it's matte. The HD kicks up more powder and is more pigmented. You can still get a light/day contour and a dramatic/night contour. It's my HG contour

on 2/8/2015 5:04:00 PM

I thought this didn't have much pigmentation to it, despite being well loved among the makeup community. I think it is a really great drugstore option for a contour, but I was disappointed by the lack of pigmentation, that I would rather seek out another product. I believe I read somewhere that you can scrape off the top layer of the product and after trying that, it helped slightly. I think this is definitely worth a try, especially for those who have fair to light skin.

on 2/3/2015 1:52:00 PM

Just wanted to put it out there that this can be used on many skin tones, not just fair. I have medium olive skin -- it can run the gamut from cool-toned and pale in the winter, to warm and bronze in summer. Most bronzers (and powders, ugh) oxidize on me, but this never does, always shows up, always looks natural. It hasn't broken me out.

It's hard to find in stores but I finally just caved and got it on Amazon for like $7. Paired with the Everyday Minerals Itahara brush, this is all I need for contour.

on 2/3/2015 12:10:00 PM

This is the end all be all for super pale ladies. I have been skeptical of buying a contour color because they all are just wrong. but this one is just perfect. i was skeptical of the brand as i've never used it. works like a charm.