September 20, 2014 | 1209 users online

Blush - NYX - Powder Blush - Taupe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So glad I tried this, intrigued at the very different shade than what is usually found for a blush. I'm in love with this! Bought a back up, because you know that once you find a cosmetic you can't live without they'll discontinue it for sure.

This works surprisingly very well for my warm, fair complexion as a bronzer. I'm tossing out the rest of my bronzers now that I've found this! The neutral tone of this sculpts my face, looking somehow natural.

It also works well if I have on a brighter colored blush but want to deepen it just a bit & define my cheekbones with a light dusting of it over the other color - great when touching up my makeup later for an evening look.

This has really good pigmentation, but is still buildable. It's not like some when you just barely touch your brush to it, & then the next thing you know you look like a clown. Great find, I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by misoluckie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard many girls say this's the most natural contour color for fair skin. So I gave it a try. it really is the color that shadow your face and make my cheek bone look much more prominent ( in a very dramatic way, think Maleficent). The pigmentation is great and also very long lasting like other NYX blush. Unfortunately Maleficent cheek isn't what I was looking for. It's just too harsh for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was seduced by the many great reviews on this forum and lusted after this, yes ladies even in my advanced years a make up junkie is only in recovery, never cured and this blush proves my point. On the one hand I love the color, in the pan, on me not so much I have high, possibly misguided hopes that when my 'permatan' fades this will look good on me. Yes I read the reviews that this is good for someone with pale to medium skin and on the cool side, I have a lot of yellow in my skin, so stubborn is as stubborn does and I am going to try and tie my hands behind my back and lay off of Sephora, Barney's and Ebay for a while..well okay maybe for an hour or two !

UPDATE !
My tan has faded sufficiently for me to be in love with this color, if you have puffiness at the inside corner of the eye a little bit of this takes it away, this is also excellent for other subtle contouring. However as a true shading color you might need a truer brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by 77smith

This color is amazing on my medium neutral skin tone. I did have trouble with streaks when I first started using it but since switching to a different foundation it has been a dream. I will be buying this in bulk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wonderful contour if you're fair-skinned. My only gripe is that the package is a bit small and I go through it quickly. The formula is perfectly matte and has just the right amount of pigmentation - you can be pretty slap-dash with this and it still looks good, it doesn't need a ton of blending to look natural. It makes a noticeable difference on me without looking overtly made-up. Long live NYX Taupe! May it never be discontinued!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by fairbrownblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Everything they say is true! This blush is great for fair skinned people. I never would have purchased it - or even known about it - without MUA reviews. It looks muddy in the pan but when used right it gives great definition. (It took me a youtube video to figure out how to use it as a "contouring" blush - I wasn't particularly familiar with contouring). It's worth the $5 - just beware of the shoddy packaging as with all NYX blushes. I gave it an extra lippy because, miraculously, this one hasn't broken on me yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for contouring. Far better than using the bronzer I had been contouring with. Definitely will purchase again. Only 3 for the packaging because it is small.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very fair skin with pink undertones, and this blush is the only product I've come across with the right color for contouring my cheekbones. It's easy to blend, but it can be difficult to get just the right amount of product on. It's not extremely pigmented, so you do have to build it up, but you also have to be careful not to build up too much, or else it can end up looking muddy and sallow. I've always had good results when applying it with a kabuki brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really hoping that this blush could secure a place as a staple in my makeup collection, but it disappointingly fell short. I'm not sure if this has anything do with the age of the blush (I ordered it from an Amazon retailer), but it was just not pigmented enough (and I am VERY fair). I had to really put some muscle into getting sufficient product on my blush brush, and even then, it took several attempts to get some visible contouring on my face.

I've recently begun eliminating all parabens and other harmful chemicals from my health/beauty routine, so I would have ended up dumping this blush even if it had worked well for me. I am much happier with my Too Faced Full Bloom powder blush in "Cocoa Rose"--it's paraben-free, super-pigmented, long-lasting, and blends well. Sometimes it's worth it to dish out some extra bucks for quality.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this blush in Taupe. This blush was recommended as a great contour powder for very fair skin. The product was alright for the price, but made me break out like crazy. I applied it along my cheeks and my skin was not pleased. It clogged my pores like crazy. I'm now struggling with breakout and bumps on my cheek contour line.