December 19, 2014 | 1501 users online

Blush - NYX - Powder Blush - Taupe

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by queenM100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really nice for contouring on my NC40 skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ness321

Perfect shade for contouring if you have pale skin. I actually bought hoola bronzer before discovering this and it's not nearly as good. Hoola is good, but it appears too warm (basically, a bit orange) on my skin. This is brilliant for contouring my nose, cheekbones and as a crease colour. Btw I found mine on new ebay for anyone in the UK struggling to find nyx products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As most of the reviews here, this is a pale girls savior when it comes to contouring. I've tried it all and just assumed I couldn't get the technique of blending down, enough to make it look natural even though I consider myself advanced when it comes to makeup. Low and behold NYX taupe showed up in my life and as it turns out, I was just using the wrong product all along. Contouring is supposed to create a shadow and this product does just that. Its cool toned, no shimmer, very blendable and long lasting. If your giving up on contouring and your a pale girl, definitely get this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OH-MY-GOD.
I'm sorry, I'm just so excited over this product.
Ok so first things first, my skin is rather pale and very pink based, probably nc 10-15 with red hair, just for references.
I bought this blush cause I'd heard so many people hyping and raving about nyx products so I ordered some online. I wanted to use this one for contouring. I wasn't sure if the shade was gonna be fine as a contour shade since the swatches I'd found online were all kinda different, some looked like it was too grey or too pink or red. I'm glad I didn't rely on these pictures because that is not the case. I have to say it's a bit greyish so most suitable for pale skins, at least I think so, but it doesn't have any shimmer or orange undertones in it which I love. It applies quite nicely, it's super blendable and lasts a long time. When I wore this on my night out it stayed on through the whole night of dancing and sweating and what not.
I definitely have to recommend this one as a contour product, I'm not sure who would wanna use this a blush but if you think your skin is suitable just go with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh yes yes yes! I'm a very pale person, about NW10. Everyone wants a perfect product for sculpting your face, and I've been on the hunt for a matte pale grey-brown shadow to use under my cheekbones. The thing is, being so pale, that products that work on darker skin like NC20 will look orange on me.

I have used MAC Harmony, a famous and often recommended blush for pale skin like mine, but it was too red. NYX Taupe is a little darker and more pigmented, but is easy to sheer out. The point is that it's grey-brown and not red-brown or orange-brown, so if everything looks orange on your pale skin, this is highly recommended. Also if you have pink undertones - shades like MAC Harmony might work on a little darker and warmer skin.

This can of course also be used as a beautiful eyeshadow!

Very low price, cute packaging, you get a good amount, applies well, is a true multi tasking product and lasts well. Highly recommend for pale and cool toned people!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So glad I tried this, intrigued at the very different shade than what is usually found for a blush. I'm in love with this! Bought a back up, because you know that once you find a cosmetic you can't live without they'll discontinue it for sure.

This works surprisingly very well for my warm, fair complexion as a bronzer. I'm tossing out the rest of my bronzers now that I've found this! The neutral tone of this sculpts my face, looking somehow natural.

It also works well if I have on a brighter colored blush but want to deepen it just a bit & define my cheekbones with a light dusting of it over the other color - great when touching up my makeup later for an evening look.

This has really good pigmentation, but is still buildable. It's not like some when you just barely touch your brush to it, & then the next thing you know you look like a clown. Great find, I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by misoluckie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard many girls say this's the most natural contour color for fair skin. So I gave it a try. it really is the color that shadow your face and make my cheek bone look much more prominent ( in a very dramatic way, think Maleficent). The pigmentation is great and also very long lasting like other NYX blush. Unfortunately Maleficent cheek isn't what I was looking for. It's just too harsh for me.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was seduced by the many great reviews on this forum and lusted after this, yes ladies even in my advanced years a make up junkie is only in recovery, never cured and this blush proves my point. On the one hand I love the color, in the pan, on me not so much I have high, possibly misguided hopes that when my 'permatan' fades this will look good on me. Yes I read the reviews that this is good for someone with pale to medium skin and on the cool side, I have a lot of yellow in my skin, so stubborn is as stubborn does and I am going to try and tie my hands behind my back and lay off of Sephora, Barney's and Ebay for a while..well okay maybe for an hour or two !

UPDATE !
My tan has faded sufficiently for me to be in love with this color, if you have puffiness at the inside corner of the eye a little bit of this takes it away, this is also excellent for other subtle contouring. However as a true shading color you might need a truer brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by 77smith

This color is amazing on my medium neutral skin tone. I did have trouble with streaks when I first started using it but since switching to a different foundation it has been a dream. I will be buying this in bulk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wonderful contour if you're fair-skinned. My only gripe is that the package is a bit small and I go through it quickly. The formula is perfectly matte and has just the right amount of pigmentation - you can be pretty slap-dash with this and it still looks good, it doesn't need a ton of blending to look natural. It makes a noticeable difference on me without looking overtly made-up. Long live NYX Taupe! May it never be discontinued!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No