NYX Powder Blush - Taupe

4.2

Good contour color for lighter complexions. Worth a try.

I was recently searching for a new contour shades as I find a lot of the shades in the contour kits I own don't really give me that chiseled look. I went on Amazon and decided to purchase this despite being a nc25-30 and I was amazed. Yeah it was about 9 bucks but it wasn't powdery what so ever and I found it very easy to work with. I'm disappointed it's being discontinued but there's a sale on Nyx blushes on the site and I'll definitely be buying a few. Finally the best contour shade. It may not be the best for me in the summer as I get up to an nc40 but as for my winter color I absolutely love.

I wanted to try this as a contour. . Received it recently from the Nyx website. It was very powdery and applied kind of patchy which made it difficult to control the application. If I had a straight contour brush with short bristles it would have been better. I was able to use this as an eye shadow as well which was a bonus. Going to part with a few more dollars and try the Inglot contour next. I am not tossing it out but I won't repurchase either.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Not a game changer for me BUT I will still get some use out of it. I have a medium skin tone so this is a little light for me. Plus, I found it hard to build up to get color on my skin tone. It is also, ssoooo powdery!? Is this new to NYX blushes? I have other colors in the older packaging that are delightful but this one just dusted up something fierce. Wet n Wild has a contour palette that works very well for me that is about the same price but has a highlight shade. I will save this blush for a no makeup look. It is nothing to write home about. But I had to try it! MUA made me do it! 😄

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG, THIS IS MY HG CONTOUR SHADE. It is a must-have if you're pale to light medium, but I'm iffy about recommending it for medium skin tones. I have NC20 skin and although I have warm tones technically, I never liked how a lot of contour powders were on the warm side. If I wanted to use bronzer, I'd use that instead of contouring.

I wanted to find a contour powder that mimicked the shade of natural shadows on the face, which are cooler and grayer in nature. NYX Taupe blush is PERFECT for that purpose. I like to use an angled natural blush brush like the MAC 168 with this and it gives me the most natural result. It doesn't look like I deliberately carved out my cheek or jawline.

Honestly this "blush" doesn't have high pigmentation, however... but I like it that way. This is very dependent on preference. I like a more natural, diffused contour so I like that the pigment is not too strong. I can see pale ladies loving this blush for that reason. I believe that the HD blush formula of this colour by NYX is more pigmented, if you're more of a stickler for that. The texture is very soft and easily blendable, but it doesn't kick up powder everywhere.

I heard a few years back that this would be discontinued so I already bought a backup... but it looks like it's here to stay. Thank you, makeup gods! So to answer your last question--yes, I would definitely run out and repurchase this!

It's very affordable and it comes in a sturdy plastic case. The pigmentation is just right and I don't get a lot of fall out when I dip my RT blush brush on pan.I bought this as a carry on contour that I can stash in my daily makeup kit. It does not look muddy as a contour shade and I love how it is very buildable. I was not expecting that a product cheaper than other drugstore brands can be this impressive! Worth every penny I spent!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

About me: NW10 (winter) - NW20 (summer)

Until now, all my attempts at contouring having been epic failures. Finding a cool toned contour color for fair skin is tough. And then Nyx Taupe entered my life! Now I am contouring daily. Taupe is a very cool toned color.

The formula is surprisingly pretty good for the price. It fades quicker than some of my fav blushes, but I get quite a bit of wear time. I like to use a finishing/setting spray when I use this to boost wear time. I did think this blended actually quite well too (I like to use it over my Mac StudioFix - the powder that makes EVERYTHING blend well though)

If you have a Benefit box blush - give the brush that comes in the blush a try for contouring. Although I think the box blush brush is terrible for blush application, it works pretty well for contouring.

I am not a fan of the new packaging. The little plastic bow opening is difficult - I have gouged it with my finger multiple times now. But that's pretty minor, considering the price on this is great! (Ulta runs sales on these BOGO a LOT too!)

I had been using Nars Laguna, but it is considerably more warm, and pulled VERY orange on my skin.

When I started contouring I was so eager to try this blush, but being in Canada it took lots of time and patience to get my hands on it. As far as drugstore blushes/ bronzers go, NYX Taupe blush is truly a standout shade, the formulation however is less than perfect. After many attempts at getting product from the pan onto my brush, I eventually ended up crushing the product up and repressing it. Once repressed, I found the pigmentation improved immensely, but overall having to go through that makes it less than worth it to me. I have since purchased the HD formulation of Taupe which is much more pigmented and therefore easier to work with, which I therefore would recommend instead.

So many people had said that this was a natural looking contour color for fair skin that I had to try it. (I'm an NW15-20). When you look at it in the pan, it doesn't look like much. It's sort of grey-brown-lilac. Yet somehow, magically, it is the perfect contour color. It actually looks like a shadow on my face, which is the idea behind contouring. At $4.99, this is one of those true affordable gems.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This makes for an AMAZING contour shade on light skin tones. I can't say it looks completely natural, but only because i have a very round, flat face and bigger eyebags than i do cheekbones (not even joking). But considering i have to carve out cheekbones from nothing, this looks so good. The shade makes it look like a natural shadow, but it's not so grey that it makes my complexion dull. It also has a slight pinky-lavender hue to it when you blend it out, so it blends in seamlessly with my blush. Not a lot of pigment comes out because this blush has a slightly waxier, harder texture than the other colours in the line, but that helps in making it not look too powdery on the face. I use this every time i wear makeup and i'm seriously dreading the day i run out because my face will revert back to looking like a ball.

Popular Contour ProductsProducts