July 28, 2014 | 1199 users online

Liquid - NARS - Firming Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Halakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE WORSE OF THE WORSE OF THE WORSE-ST foundation I have ever tried in my life. where can i start... its so patchy, it doesn't spread on the face, it forms little silicon patches, I am shocked really, tried it 3 times just to give a chance and every time I get more frustrated, it dries super quick, it doesnt blend AT ALL .. AT ALL I mean.. not with a brush, not with my fingers not with pressing it into the skin. DON'T BUY THIS

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't often use NARS products mostly because of the price tag, but I wanted to try a NARS foundation because it looked like their shades would match my often difficult to match pale skin.

I was right about the shade - I bought (cheaper on ebay) this foundation in Gobi and it matched perfectly, however it was extremely difficult to blend into my skin - I just couldn't get it to. I tried using my fingers, a brush, beauty blender, and different applications like wiping, stippling, etc. but NOTHING seemed to work - the foundation remained streaky and seemed to just "sit" quite noticeably on my skin, such a shame as the shade really was a brilliant match!

I gave this 2 lippys for overall function - I can't say if the foundation is actually firming because I can't even get it to blend well!
I gave 3 lippys for price BUT that was because I bought it for less than the original cost on ebay...
I gave 4 lippys for packaging because I do really like NARS packaging - it's simple and dignified. This foundation also had a pump which was a lot better than ones I've used in the past and dispensed a perfect amount for me.

That said, I would definitely not purchase this foundation again, and will be sticking to my Estee Lauder double-wear which I absolutely adore :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by RonBurgundy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For a start, I use NARS sheer matte in shade stromboli for my 'everyday' foundation, & I love it because it is the exact match to my hard to match skin tone & last the day with my type of skin.

NARS firming foundation was on sale so I decided to purchase this as I love the shade of this foundation. But when it arrived in the mail it was an off colour compared to my sheer matte in the exact same shade of stromboli. The firming was more orange & less yellow. Super disappointing as I can only get away with it in summer when I'm at my darkest & more so because I only get NARS as it has my perfect shade.

The coverage & application
It goes on horribly with my stippling, even worse with my beauty blender & terrible with my fingers. Worst application. Plus the blotchy application on my skin looks terrible because it does not match my skin ;( Takes too long to fix up & apply nicely. It turns out to be a med coverage with a really nice semi dewy matte.

Wear
On my oily skin it does not last 2 hours. It comes off my face with or without the use of primer fist. You could literally wipe it clean off with a tissue after a few hours of wear, it just sits on my skin & it is beyond blotting. Plus it shows my acne of my forehead too. Would be good for DRY or NORMAL skin but not at all for even slightly oily skin or a all day wear for a busy person. I'll just stick to using this for nights out where the lighting is low & I'll only be an hour.

Love the packaging as always with NARS, simple, DOESN'T go yucky with the words coming off etc.. Matte bottle, The pump is great too!

Would be an alright foundation if It wasn't a high end brand like NARS as it is sold for over $70USD in New Zealand. Was expecting alot more.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

Good coverage, buildable, but not the best foundation I've ever used. It does a good job but the finish it leaves is about a 4/5. I use it but combined with other foundations.

*********EDITED.
This is a terrible foundation, I chucked it. It ALWAYS looked drying on my skin (I have combination/oily skin!!!) and was a waste of my time. It looked okay when I applied it, but by the end of the day I was just a cakey mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by rayjbady

I love that this matches my skin, and I like the way it sits on my cheeks.
It's very close to my natural tones, though a bit more yellow.
I included swatch/pictures of it on my face. One is a nicely edited full face photo, the second is a closeup on what it does on my face- nose settling, and overtop of acne scabs (with Clinique Acne Solutions concealer). I am also wearing BeneFit Coralista.

I don't think that I am the target demographic for this product, but I definitely prefer it to the Sheer Glow foundation.

For application, I find it all looks streaky and wet until I let it set for about 30 seconds, then blend it with my fingertips.

I don't love the way that if you don't use it daily it clogs up a little within the pump, and that on my nose it settles in my pores. That's to be expected though, I didn't prime.
Ehh, oh well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to wear the Balanced Foundation in Santa Fe. When this line was discontinued I chose the Firming foundation because of the supposed firming properties. NARS is not sold in Sweden so a friend of mine bought it for me elsewhere. After having had the opportunity to try the different formulas on firsthand, next time I will go with Sheer Glow instead as I like that texture better (and it is a tad cheaper). Love the pump though!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by smileybiker

This is hands down the worse product I have ever purchased. I am 30 yrs old and have very few wrinkles. However this NARS Firming foundation was on sale in my Sephora so I thought i would give it a try. First of all, it does not go on smoothly. I apply with my hands and then try to pat with a damp sponge to even the application. I have to apply very little. At this stage I am just trying to use this foundation up as it was quite expensive. My other problem is that is sits in every pore and wrinkle i have. I have no idea how it is targeted as "firming"...because the only thing it does is sits in every pore. Ive used Nars Sheer Glow (which i like alot), and Nars Sheer Matte (which I didnt like at 1st but was alright). However this for me was a complete disaster. Would not recommend this at all if you have acne prone/pores/wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

So far, I really like this foundation. I'm 30, and, like one of the below reviewers, I bought this not so much because I am in dire need of its "Firming" properties, but because NARS Siberia is usually a spot-on shade match (NW5-10 here). Siberia leans more yellow in the Sheer Glow formulation (which is sometimes good for balancing my pink tones and slight redness), but I found it to be more neutral-toned in the Firming.

I apply it in with my fingers or a dampened sponge, and it blends easily, leaving a smooth, even finish. Like Sheer Glow, only a small amount is needed, even for medium coverage; if I apply more than that, it can look thick. Oddly enough, the Firming Foundation seems to be better for my dry(ish) skin type -- Sheer Glow can highlight any dry spots I have, but the Firming Foundation leaves a very smooth finish. I haven't been using it for very long, so I hesitate to say I like it better than the Sheer Glow. I will be sure to update if my opinion changes, but so far, so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in my late thirties & have really volatile, hormonal-acne prone skin, so I need a non-clogging foundation- yet at the same time I need one that gives good coverage, yet also smooths out my skin tone nicely & also lasts. THIS IS IT!
I've used MAC studio fix for years & always found it a bit heavy, but need the coverage- then I noticed a friend's amazing skin & asked her what her secret was & she put me onto this stuff so I gave it a try. I'm so glad I did. They have a good range of colours/tones to choose from so you can get the right shade - and the packaging is great.
Its too soon to tell what affect it has on my acne (I dont use it every day) but as its quite light & I apply it with a foundation brush- and even my husband made a comment how my skin looked good when I was wearing it - so far so good!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Again another real disappointment from NARS. This time the colour I was match to with this foundation was a perfect match which is Punjab. I wish Revlon would have this shade!
Firstly very easy to blend, but the foundation seems to never set! Even with a good powder, it just ends up look cakey and dry. again, rubs of on everything. It reall accentuates on the dry spots. It is a medium to full coverage.
I now have realise for myself NARS foundation are terrible and the price tags are ridiculous at $99AUD. I love NARS blushes and I think from now on for NARS products I will just stick to their blushes.