October 21, 2014 | 931 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Skin Tint in Smashing Ultraviolet

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BeachPrincess10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product, its been my HG for years, Ive tried other stick blushes that just didnt hit the mark as high as this product did, now why did they discontinue it???

Ultraviolet looks scary in the tube, but it goes on sheer, so its pretty fantastic, its similar to nars multiple sticks except that instead of being a heavy cream the smashbox skin tints are more of a sheer gel when you glide it on your face
I took a lippie off because I dont find myself reaching for this color a lot, I like peachy colors a lot more so other than that this product is great, you can probably still find this on ebay for $7

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by monstercat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! Goes on easily and blends easily. It does tend to stain your hands but not if you blend lightly with tips of fingers. I wanted to get away from the powder based blushes because I am starting to notice they tend to settle into any wrinkle very fast. The color works well with my medium olive sallow skin. It looks a little too bright at first but softens in a few seconds The packaging is great for travel or just in your purse. I initially purchased a travel size just before my latest trip. Very easy to touch up during the day. Staying power is pretty good. I have the type of skin that tends to just absorb makeup very fast and this can go most of the day. Looking forward to trying the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by cookeryu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blusher. I am now nearing the end of it and have used it daily for about 3 years!! Great value for money. It is a water based stick that is very blendable and gives a berry colour to the cheeks. It has never reacted with my skin or caused any upsets. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lsoorani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually like this more for my lips than my cheeks (not that it doesn't look good on both). It gives a really pretty daytime color. True, it is expensive but there is so much of it that it'll last you until it expires so I think it's worth it. Another plus, the casing is very sturdy so i'll still hold up just fine in your purse if you don't have a separate makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this a few days ago and I love it! I am worried it might be being discontinued because it was on curtain call at Smashbox, I hope not. It is a deep pink/plum and is very buildable, gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great berry blush for my cool-toned skin. The formula is water-based so it's not greasy, and it's buildable and doesn't have any shimmer or glitter to speak of (usually a plus in my book). It claims to be a stain, though for me it has a pretty normal wear-time for a cream. While this isn't the greatest blush in my arsenal, I like it a lot and will repurchase when it runs out. 0.25 oz. for $28 USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by krristabelle

I'm torn with how I feel about this blush. On one hand, it's so easy to apply, buildable, is a great match for my nc20 complexion, and in great packaging... but on the other hand, I just can't help feeling that it's a little too greasy for my combo skin. It doesn't necessarily look greasy (just feels that way when I apply it) so maybe the problem is just that I'm not a big fan of cream/gel blushes. However, it is a great product to throw in your bag for touch ups. The packaging contains so much of the product that there's no way I'll ever have to buy it again (until it's expired), even if I used it daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Jayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Started using this product a year ago and have never looked back as far as blushes go and never put another blush on my cheeks since...heaven help me if this gets discontinued. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Zowee

(First review... ) I too bought this product after reading the reviews here. I had been using Benetint and I actually really liked it, but felt it was time for a change (after all, it had lasted for almost 2 years).
At first, I didn't like it - I felt that I needed to pile on loads of it to see any difference (I still am not sure about my coloring, but I think I qualify as light to medium-olive) and it never seemed to go on evenly.
However, I finally managed to get the hang of it and the key is using a foundation brush. The look is oh-so natural and it lasts for such a long time. I have only discovered this lately, and ever since, I keep getting compliments on how fresh and healthy I look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by cannape

This product was generally pretty good. It was much more moisturizing than the NARS the Multiple. The colors for The Multiple were too pinky, and not nighttime enough for me. The Smashbox Skin Tint Ultraviolet had a gorgeous purply very dramatic color on me. It was a nice look on the lips, and a nice retro 80's dramatic look on the cheeks. It would have been a good clubbing look, but since I rarely go out late-night like that anymore, I ended up never using this. I lent it to my roommate, whose purse was stolen with it inside, and I have never bothered to repurchase. The packaging is a very cool black colored metal tube, very stylish for touch ups at the local (or far-flung) hotspot.