April 16, 2014 | 1466 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by bambiemeow25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Yesterday my friend (asian skin) bought the colour All Spicy and it looked great on her. I loved the colour so I bought that one as well (very white skin) and it looked treating me too! It was smooth and moisturizing. I ended up buying the colours Mango and Holiday Red as well and they all look great. Holiday Red is very pigmented, Mango is medium pigmentation, and All Spicy is kind of sheer but it still shows. They are all very shimmery. They smell overwhelmingly like watermelon at first but during wear they smell like Sweet Tarts or candy. Best of all it was only $2! :D My friend got the colour Amber too and it is very pigmented as well, but they all look nice. I love them! I would definitely recommend and repurchase these lipsticks. My new favourites!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews here for Jordana lipstick and went to Kmart to buy it. Well, I loved it so much I went back the next day for more and today (so 3rd day in a row) I went to a different store to get even more (FoodMaxx)! The lipsticks were $1.19 so I went wild and I am sooooo glad! These lipstick are the best ever! I cannot believe the high quality of them. I bought a mixture of the mattes (which are near to impossible to find in a drug store) and the regular ones. I love them all!! I highly, highly recommend these. Both regular and matte have have excellent pigmentation, lasting color that doesn't fade, and really look high quality on the lips. I can almost promise you that if someone applied these to your face and you didn't see the label, you would vote they were $25+ lip colors!

I hate to admit it, but I like these way, way better than my Mac ones! I find them to be superior in how they look and apply, especially the matte ones b/c wow, the Mac ones drag on application. Almost torture! I think that the Jordana Pink Passion (matte) is a near dupe for Mac Nicki Minaj! I love retro looking colors and if you do, too, you HAVE to get the matte one in Tangerine Tango! I actually bought the Mac RiRi Woo to wear to my upcoming graduation and now.... I think I am going to wear this one. It takes the cake!

Others I bought are Holiday Red (not a true red but pretty), Cherry Pie (also not a true red but pretty, a bit more shear in formula), Hollywood Red (to me is a dupe for Revlon's Cherries in the Snow), Terra Cotta (very pretty, sort of neutral, bronze-reddish, very wearable color), Simply Natural (nice neutral but not dead looking color/muted apricot/fleshy), Pink flair (also reminds me of a Nicki Minaj Mac but toned down), and Mystery (a really lovely dark pink/berry color I think a lot of people would enjoy).

The packaging is.... not that great but on the other hand, I don't really care about it and I don't think they look horrible.

One thing I was confused about is that they have a matte and regular collection in two different packaging (one collection comes in a clear tube and the other collection comes in a traditional looking tube. The collections, as far as I can see, do not have the same colors. I can't figure out what the difference between the two packaging types are, but both carry a regular and matte selection and the quality is the same across the board.) Went on the Jordana website, but still couldn't see/find the difference.

I love they are made in the USA and at such a low, low, low cost. Jordana cosmetics overall really show that you can still find high quality, low cost products made in the America!

I think Jordana should make more colors. Many are very, very dark looking and I passed on those. Jordana overall is a fanastic brand that I only recently found out about. I have been so pleased with them! I was hesitant at first because I thought that at such a low cost they would be really horrible, but I was wrong.

These don't really have a strong taste but they smell like watermelon. Exactly like the Milani lipsticks.

Please give these a try!! I think you will be delighted and you will enjoy them the same if not more than your high end ones! I know I do! These are now my best kept beauty bargain!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Matte and the regular Jordana:

This is incredibly unflattering if you're a little (ahem) older. I'm a fairly well-preserved forty-something (very few lip lines) thanks to a complete inability to tan and a lot of Retin-A from an early age because of acne, and...well...these are a resoundingly ugly, "No."

My absolute favorite cheap lippies are New York Color (the 97 cent kind), and I was replacing them because my NYC stash is a year and a half old, and I'm trying to avoid putting germ-bombs on or near my forty-something gums.

Not this, though. It looks really, really unflattering. Back to the grocery for more NYC or the regular Jordana, which I have reviewed below.

Review for the Regular Jordana lipstick, not the Matte:

Amazing colors, moisturizing, and very pretty, even on mid-forty lips. The smell is like you're eating sweet tarts, and it stings a little, though. I bought the "Grape", and it's the right kind of pinky purple for very pale skin. It's very flattering. Overall, I'd rebuy and wear these happily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MochaSuga20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first saw how cheap this brand lipstick was selling for, I was very skeptical. But I soon got over all the doubt. I love it! I picked up mine in the color Pretty Pink. It looks awesome and matches my complexion so well. I'm thinking about going back and purchasing pink luster. I've never been a fan of lipstick, but this fits so well I'm tempted. It also goes on really smooth, it moisturizes and lasts on my lips like forever. Mine is in regular

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jordana is probably one of the most underrated brands ever! It's super cheap but it works wonders! The lipstick lasts VERY long and it does't get dull at all. It has a very wide variety of colors and they smell fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Eboniejoie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a lipstick junkie. I have bought so many different kinds of inexpensive lipsticks. Jordana is one of my favorite brands! I own 35 lipsticks from Jordana. The colors are amazing and they are long lasting for me because I use a lipstick primer. I especially love the fact that they're $1.49. I will be ordered more really soon! They don't dry my lips out because I always moisturize my lips because applying. I can't say anything bad about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to lipstick. I love the hazelnut shade and have used it for years. It is getting harder and harder to find in stores though. Luckily you can purchase directly from jordana.com.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I'd buy again, but you do NEED to top these lipsticks with a good gloss, or they'll dry your lips out as bad as prunes! NOT joking! They are VERY drying, and I'm not talking about Jordana's Matte lipsticks! These regular lipsticks, @$1.30 each, are like a matte lipstick though! I bought 3 in the shades: All Spicy, Mango, and Sea Pearl, as I saw pics of them online. I thought they were flattering colors, and so they are! I posted pics of them on my profile. So, if you want to see them, hit my pictures! I found them hard to apply as they were stiff and so applied unevenly, even waxy, like a box of Crayola crayons! However, they ARE long lasting, and that was even with a gloss on top! NOT BAD! And yes, they are sweetly scented, but that doesn't bother me, even though it does linger, it isn't strong. I smeared a bit on white paper, as a swatch, and the next day, I could smell them, as if they were "scratch n' sniff" stickers! Anyway, All Spicy is a pinkish-coral, more on the pink side, which is shocking a bit, as it looked a bit pinkish-orange in the tube. I like it. Again, it was a bit hard to apply, so at first it went on light and sheer. Gotta really work it on your lips! All Spicy also has a soft pearly sheen to it. NOT glittery! Mango is a light copper-burnt orange shade. This one I like the least, as it isn't very flattering on. When I mix it with All Spicy, it works out a bit better. Probably because I think Mango leans more toward the burnt orange shade than a light copper. I didn't notice any pearly sheen. Sea Pearl is a copper shade with a slight sheen to it. Maybe even considered brassy. Anyway, don't forget the LIP GLOSS! I tried these on and then took them off, and my lips felt chapped! NO JOKE! Wish they were moisturizing! I also found that, even though Sea Pearl was the darkest in the tube, it seems to apply more sheer than the other two. My least fav, Mango, applies the darkest. I found some awesome lipsticks @Dollar Tree, from L.A. Colors! Those are NICE! And moisturizing! Gosh! I'm so disappointed in my recent Cherry Culture haul! Everything was CHEAP CRAP! :( Seriously! I have better luck at my local Dollar Tree! Well, ya live n' learn I guess! Thank goodness everything was CHEAP! ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Although I've found Jordana powder cosmetics to be promising, I've only ever met disappointment with their lipsticks. The color selection and the difference between shade in the tube and shade on the lips reminds me of the bad old days of Wet'Wild when it seemed like everything on the rack was carried-over 80's colors and picking a lipstick was almost a shot in the dark because looking at the tube or the little color dots didn't equip you for even an educated guess at what the stuff would look like when you put it on.

A couple days ago I bought 014 Cherry, and 105 Radiant Red. Despite looking like a deep red in the tube Cherry was hot pink. Radiant Red wasn't quite so bad, a bright true red reminiscent of MAC Russian Red. Based on the alliteration of the names I'd guess this is deliberate but it's not a very good dupe -- NYC Retro Red does it much better in staying power, vividness and texture.

Both lipsticks had a strong, awful, undistinguished sort of preteen-berry scent to them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find these much too waxy and dry. Emphasizes every line of the lips, extremely unflattering.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No