Antonio Puig Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/6/2012 10:12:00 PM

Since my boyfriend isn't the time to write reviews I thought I would.

This product was easy to find, cheap, and its very long lasting.

The smell is really strong once he first puts it on but when it fades a little I absolutely love it on him. The smell lasts on day too.

He also said that it helped reduce his break outs since he started using it as well. It could be just him so don't get your hopes up fella's.

on 8/17/2008 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have listed this under 'Antonio Puig" as that's who now produces this fine product. Originally made by Williams in 1935, it's an afershave/cologne that has been much reviled due to being found in grocery and drugstores. That's a shame because even though it has a high alcohol content (well, it IS an aftershave), once that evaporates one is left with a clean, yet powdery aroma that can never be classified as cheap. After some research, I was able to find the fragrance notes from scentdirect.com:

Family: Chypre-leather
Top: bergamot oil, lavender, lemon, peppermint, petitgrain.
Middle: Carnation, cedarwood oil, clary sage oil, jasmine, rose, sandal, vetiver.
Base: Amber, labdanum, leather, moss, musk.

Also of note- it's about a 37% match with Guerlain's "Derby" (not too shabby!)
I used to take care of a male patient who loved having this put on after I gave him a shave. I would even sprinkle some on his comb and run it through his hair after a shampoo. For that reason, I would never consider this a sexy scent, but I will give a classic status and attribute fond memories of "Tony", may you rest in peace...

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel