September 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Fragrances - Lanvin - Jeanne

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by nepiokst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This one is my all time favourite. I find it really hard to find an EDP which doesn't annoy me - a lot of them smell quite nice at first, but usually develop into something nasty that I keep smelling throughout the day and it makes me nauseous. Not that the smells are bad, I'm just sensitive to a lot of them.
This one was different - the scent just clicked. It smells quite sweet at first (things like forest berries and white flowers) with something citrusy in the background, but after a while it develops into a more 'serious' scent of sandalwood and musk. Personally, I love every single minute of wearing this EDP, and I have gotten a lot of compliments, too. Although, as I mentioned, it's one of those sweeter perfumes, it is also quite sophisticated and was not made with teenage girls in mind, so I definitely wouldn't call it girly. Feminine - yes.
Some people have mentioned that the staying power is quite poor, but I would say it varies from person to person, as with all fragrances. When I'm wearing it, I can smell it all day, and I gladly sniff my wrist from time to time because this fragrance just makes me happy.

More points I'd like to make:
1. I'd say it's most suitable for spring/summer.
2. Although many compare it to Lancome Midnight Rose, they're only similar at the very beginning, but develop quite differently.
3. Limited Edition Lanvin "Couture" is a 'darker' version of this fragrance, very suitable for the night.
4. Not many stores (at least in the UK) still stock this EDP, although it isn't hard to find online - it's a great feeling when you don't smell like everyone else, especially if people associate this particular smell with you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by PresKitten22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The lighter, more refreshing version of Lancome's Midnight Rose.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by niendut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i've used boss femme for quite long, until i find this fragrance.

i really like the scent, it's sweet but very soft. for me who is not too girly-but trying to change my image (since i'm a mom now)..this scent fits me very well..

sweet, soft...but mature :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I really love this perfume. It smells wonderful - flowery and summery. I spritz it on my neck, chest and inside crook of my arms. It's light, but it has great staying power throughout the day and into the night. Highly recommend this for smell!

Do have a small issue with the packaging. I have this on my dressing table so the lid isn't really a problem, but I envisage for someone who is travelling, this lid is going to be a major issue. It comes off at the slightest touch.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by seira7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first applied this, I thought...oh no, another "fresh" inoffensive fragrance reminiscent of room sprays and maxi-pads...

But once I gave it time to meld with my skin, it turned into a rather nice soft floral. I probably wouldnt spend full price on this, but I may consider buying it if I see it at TJ Maxx etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just love this fragrance for warm seasons. It's cute, flirty, smells sweet almost like baby powder. But it's no shallow bubble gum scent for ages 15 and less. It's a pleasant scent for a confident playful woman who doesn't take everything so serious, who enjoys life and can enjoy the happiness this perfume makes. Everywhere I come, people like this perfume. If it fits you and you don't feel like you smell too sweet and sticky, everyone will enjoy this perfume with you. It's just wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Deexoxo

LOVE! this.
SCENT: it does actually have a very sweet scent, but it has a tinge of floral in it too. To me, it smells sophisticated, and classy yet flirty.
The staying power is okay, it lasts a couple of hours on me.
PACKAGING: basic and simple. It has a parisien feel to it, with the little bow accent. Still very cute though.

Cons: I think this is only because mine was a little flawed. The little spritzer thing came off, and i could barely find another one! Black XS by paco rabanne's fit on it though.

Conclusion: a MUST for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetkelly

i love this.. It's currently my favorite perfume.. The smell is not common.I haven't smelled anything similar to it. It really does remind me of good smelling people in Europe, kinda weird way of describing but it does smell classy, sophisticated. Staying power is good too..it lasted the whole day for me and Mom still can smell me when i got home after a long day,

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by nomihappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing!

I don't think it's overly sweet - ESPECIALLY not when you consider Escada perfumes or even Anna Sui ones. Or I love love from Moschino. This one is definitely not one of those powdery-flowery allergy-inducing perfumes. It's sweet, but still light. Kinda reminds me of lychee - sweet, but still watery and fresh and "clear" (in the crystal/gel sort of way). Okay, I'm probably describing it REALLY badly. But definitely give this a sniff when you're at the perfume counter! Maybe you'll like it (: Perfumes are very personal so although I'm in love with it, others may hate it. But my take on it? PURE LOVE!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No