August 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion for Very Dry, Rough Skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is God-sent. Extremely moisturizing and hydrating due to the Hydra-IQ component. The skin is left super-soft after applying this. I believe this same lotion is available as 'Nivea Enriched Body Milk' in countries outside the USA. Nivea is a genius!

However, the way this lotion smells is disgusting. The scent is nowhere close to the classic Nivea creme scent. This lotion smells like a mix of expensive brand-name type perfumes, toilet soap, restrooms and sewage. Ewwww...I smelled different bottles to make sure I had not picked up a bad item but they all have the same smell (stink).
I'd rather prefer an unscented version of this lotion instead of this stinky scent. Just cannot use this lotion because of the odour issue.
Nivea, please improve the scent for this lotion - preferably the classic creme scent would be awesome! 2/5 because of the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good,kinda oily for me coz my skin is normal,smells really good too,like almond,texture is creamy but not too thick or thin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For winter, I really love this lotion. It is heavier feeling, and a tad greasy but it works to really nourish the skin. I keep this pump bottle on my nightstand and only use it before bed. It's a bit heavy, so I like it at night. I love the scent, too. It's a nice comforting scent, which is perfect before bed, it just makes you fall right to sleep- crazy I know, but it works for me. Maybe because I associate the scent to sleep. I apply it to my hands, feet, elbows and legs. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is by far one of the best lotion for very dry skin. I LOVE this stuff to death in winter. It seriously hydrates and sinks in fast with a velvet feeling. Put it on at night after a shower and by morning you are so soft. It lasts too, I stay soft all day. Smells nice too.

Seriously recommend this stuff if you are suffering from dry, flaky, and dehydrated skin. Serious lotion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have reviewed a few different lotions - Jergen's Original Scent (smells lovely and nice moisture but not enough for the dry climate I live in and the dry skin I have) and Vaseline Cocoa Butter (good for my skin and the climate) but this is really the best thing I've ever tried. I bought a bottle of this to have at my desk at work. I notice my hands are so much rougher on Saturday and Sunday than Monday through Friday. It feels so nourishing going in, and leaves my hands silky. I don't notice any greasy feeling left behind. A little goes a long way. When I use up my monster bottle of Vaseline Cocoa Butter at home, I am going to get this for home. Wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have skin that is naturally dry and I am prone to eczema in the winter months. Regular lotion just wont do it. I had a derm recommended Eucerin, but i found that it made my eczema worse. This has a similar formulation and consistency, though not quite has greasy. It does a wonderful job of moisturizing my skin, and keeping is moisturized. I'm not a huge fan of the scent, but am willing to overlook that because it does a great job on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Savikins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice lotion, EXTREMELY rich. I think the scent is nice, but it may be odd or cloying to some.

You don't need much of this lotion -- a little goes a long way. I can see this being a great winter time lotion or for people who just generally have extremely dry skin. It really does make your skin soft and luscious.

It takes a while to soak in, unlike Nivea's Smooth Sensation. I also can't use this lotion on my freshly shaved legs, as it stings. I assume that it's probably the sea salt ingredient that is the culprit there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

This is definitely to be used for very dry skin, like the package indicates. It's a heavy moisture that I find to be very nourishing in the winter months. I can't use this in the summer because it's so thick, but in the winter time it's great. You don't have to over load on it because a little bit will go a long way. If you use to much, it takes a long time to sink into your skin. But I've always loved Nivea products, and this is another top-notch lotion from them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I love this. I have eczema spots on my legs and one on my ribs. I've always been self conscience about my legs because of this. This lotion has all but cleared them up. There's some scarring where I itched them for years but at least they're not red and inflamed and gross. This product makes my skin so soft, but be warned, if you use too much it can become very oily, which is the only reason it doesn't get 5 lippies. It also doesn't smell that great, but it's not too horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Katillac

This is my HG moisturizer for the dry, cold winter months of Michigan. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this is the only moisturizer that leaves my skin soft and moisturized, instead of flaky and itchy! Nothing else has done such a great job!