July 28, 2014 | 1391 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen SPF 60 with Helioplex

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by scatterbrayne

Nastiest product I've bought in a while. I bought two bottles a few days ago thinking I could trust this brand, and quite honestly the selection for facial sunscreens was limited. The packaging is light and elegant and the product itself has a very faint smell, which I appreciate, but applying this sunscreen is a NIGHTMARE. It comes on thick and creamy, leaves behind a greasy feel and sheen, does not absorb into the skin well at all let alone quickly, and leaves behind streaks! So many streaks. It stays sticky the whole time it's on my face too, so I can pretty much forget about makeup. What a disaster. I still have flashbacks from looking into the passenger side mirror of my car and seeing streaks eeeeverywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MollyDollDoll

It absorbs quickly, with minimal scent and a non-greasy feel. It hasn't made me break out and I'm surprised at how many negative reviews it has. Also living the high SPF!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Princess777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on medicinal cream in my teen ages (suffering from mild-controlled acne) and my dermatologists suggest me to use this sunscreen and since then (almost 10 years) I havenít found a better one. I like the fact that it doesnít break me out but my face stays super oily and shiny I find. Also, when I put it on, my face doesnít fully absorb all of it and I really donít put much. After few minutes I let it sink in my skin, I put my moisturizer and I have tonís of flaky ďgouiiiĒ sunscreen that comeís off which is really frustrating because it really delays and gives me problem applying my makeup. I often have to use a tonic remover like the one from Clarins or Clinique.

So I would say itís a good product in general, doesnít make me break out or so, have a good protection (60) but I am curious if there is better out there. If any of you has experienced the same issues I had and have found a better sunscreen please donít hesitate to inbox me. I do realize that Neutrogena are strong on the FPS protection they also have one going to 110 I think but itís for the body not the face I believe, but I would be willing to use one that has minimum 50 since I have high pigmentation than can causes spots or so on my face. Thanks in advance and for others this is the best one I have tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Smoogle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a good sunscreen, but it is *not* part of the Dry-Touch line. Even if you rub it in well, using the right amount (1/4 tsp) will still make your face feel slightly sticky. There is a slight white cast at first, but it goes away a little after about 30 min. It says it's water/sweatproof. I found that my face was waaay sweatier with this on, but it stayed on pretty well. If you want something very matte, go with the dry touch. If you have drier skin, I would try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Retrospectiv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a high SPF face cream, but have never had any luck. I have very sensitive skin prone to breakouts, and also VERY oily. I always buy mattifying face creams (LUSH Enzymion, Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying, etc.) I've used a few lower SPF creams in the past (Oil of Olay SPF, Aveda Tourmaline Oil Free SPF 15, etc.) and they ALL made my face break out and made me a greasy mess before mid-day.

I wanted to go higher protection now that I'm in my 30's so asked my local beautician at Shoppers which cream might be the best to try. I LOVE this face cream!! I got it on sale 2 weeks ago and have been using it ever since. I still dot a little regular moisturizer around my eyes then apply this all over my face. It spreads well, sinks right in and has hardly any scent at all. I've had NO problems with it making my face white or any caking or flaking. It's kept me as oil free as any cream dedicated to doing that and hasn't caused any breakouts (more than I normally get anyhow..). Makeup applies just fine over it.

Wonderful cream for the price. High SPF and nice sized squeeze bottle so it's sanitary. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since it is getting nicer out and I will be in the sun more often I decided to up the SPF with my face products. I bought this sunscreen for about $14 which is a decent price for a large bottle like this one. I wear this on top of my moisturizer in the morning and I haven't experience any white cast on my skin! Maybe since I use a very small amount and rub it in right away. It dries nice and matte and does not make my face feel greasy or oily at all. My primer and makeup glided nicely over this and it did not effect them negatively in any way. I am really liking this sunscreen, it hasn't clogged my pores or given me zits which is great since I am very acne prone and sensitive. I would recommend this to everyone for the summer time and really any time, you should always be protecting your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did a lot of research on sunscreen ingredients before settling on this one. I like that this is broad spectrum (blocks uva and uvb rays). Without getting into too much detail, the 'helioplex' is the name neutrogena gave for their formula for stabilizing avobezone and oxybenzone in sunlight (these are the active ingredients that absorb the uv rays)

The way this product reacted to my skin was a little odd... if I applied the product too thickly, instead of absorbing over time, like most creams, it would sit on my skin and dry to a white and flaky substance. Anything that did absorb would start to flake if I rubbed my skin.

So the my solution to this weird absorption reaction was to add my moisturizer on top.

I have heard conflicting opinions on whether moisturizer or sunscreen should go on first from my doctor, from the 'expert' at the makeup counter, from 'experts' on the internet. My conclusion is to just do what works for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

While this sunscreen works really well on my body whenever I wear this on my face where it is supposedly supposed to go it burns so badly. It doesn't break me out and it does have a pretty nice matte finish and is not too thick but I cannot use it on my face its just way too irritating.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

If you have ACNE PRONE or SENSITIVE SKIN DO NOT BUY THIS! AVOID HELIOPLEX like a plague....

Helioplex uses a chemical reaction to deflect the sun's rays from your skin. The reaction can create heat bumps on sensitive skin and is particularly problematic for people with acne. Look for a sunscreen with fewer chemical (titanium or zinc oxide is a good alternative). Also avoid fragrance... (paraphrased from the Mayo clinic).

I wish I would have taken the time to research sunscreen and the chemicals that are used BEFORE I tried this product... Could I get a HELL NO option for 'would you buy this again'? I used the body mist version 1 time and got - literally - 100+ white heads that slowly turned into cystic acne for months (TMI, but it's worth saying)! It's finally clearing up, but because of my fair skin I'm left with scarring and red marks all over my jaw line!!! I'm also completely traumatized.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I'm surprised at the numbers of bad reviews. I'm on my 3rd tube. A couple of years I started using a separate sunscreen on top of my day time moisturizer. I use this sun screen everyday of the year. I find that my skin has gotten way better since I started doing that. I don't find it thick like some people say. In face I find it dries up pretty quickly. The tube package is very easy to use and travel with. I pay from $11-14 CAD and I think that's pretty reasonable for a face sunscreen. Also I like it that it doesn't have a strange smell like some some other sun blocks do. I don't have any problems with break out with this product. As I said I'm on my 3rd tube and I'll keep on buying this again.