LUSH Karma

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some note or combination of notes in this induce nausea in me. I tried a sample and felt unwell, queasy and unable to eat. Later, I had a middle-aged office manager who used to douse herself in the stuff and I spent multiple afternoons feeling sick because of it. The ferocious, weird stink would invade an entire open-plan floor. She thought it was wonderful though. Clearly we were smelling something different. I'm fairly tolerant to most heady perfumes, generally don't mind patchouli and even enjoy fairly strong scents myself, but this concoction is the most unpleasant I've ever had the misfortune of sampling. Actually reminds me of some sickly fragrance that's used to mask a foul chemical odour and doesn't quite succeed rather than something that should be used on the human body. Seriously, I'm reminded of industrial toilet cleaner or something. Literally, the least sexy or pleasant scent I've come across. Still can't work out exactly which notes upset me so much but it's bad enough I'd avoided all LUSH perfumes since. I can't trust a 'nose' that puts something this wretched on the market.

This perfume is one I would definitely buy again. The scent is warm but not heavy, and is suitable for year-round wear. And another plus: it actually lasts on your skin for hours afterward rather than just disappearing like so many other fragrances are prone to do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh my goodness gracious me - KARMA!

Okay, there's a bit of a backstory here. I'll try not to get too long-winded, k? (I said I'd try...I didn't say I'd be successful ;) )

So, many eons ago I was recovering from major surgery when out of the blue (well...UK, actually) a little package arrived from my Mum. I had since moved to the US, and obviously frequent visits weren't in the budget. So, I opened up that gorgeously smelly package with joy (or as much joy as one could expect after having life-changing surgery, anyway) and lo and behold.... Karma! The green soapy thing! The clear other soapy thing! The little bottle of love! THE FRAGRANCE!

Now I was a kid from the Opium/Giorgio fragrance age, and I'd never smelled anything like this. It bonded with me. We had a few tentative evenings out together before throwing caution to the wind and declaring our mutual love.

To this day, it's my HG (I only learned what that term stood for today, by the way) fragrance. It's patchouli and orange and...other stuff...sandalwood? Something-wood? If you want to mess around and make a sort of close version of the original, grab some bergamot, patchoui & lavendar and...some other stuff...and if you mess around with it enough you'll hit paydirt eventually.

Oh - the really cool bit? My mum had the same surgery as me, several years before, and my Aunt sent her the same stuff. Mum shared the wealth.

And now I have to go and buy some.

PS. Mum also tossed in some Maltesers and some Marmite. Bonus!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

definitely a maker or breaker for people. though for me its definitely a maker. I always like fruity citrus or vanilla and dessert smelling fragrances but this ones been a change for good. love the packaging n the fact that for 16 cad I get the black refillable vial (which I can later use as a sephora atomizer placebo) ;) love it for sure!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my top three scents for daily use. I love it whether it's the perfume, soap, bath bombs- it's an amazing smell and it wears well. The fact that they bottled my favorite scent is great for me. The biggest con I can think of is that patchouli is not for everyone, and karma can be very strong if you apply too much. But I find it brightens my day and brings a smile to my face.

I love the smell of Karma. Because of oil it last for a while. It has a pleasant patchouli scent to it

I am now on my 3rd bottle of Karma, I adore it that much. Smells just like a headshop <3 I love hippy scents.

There is nothing that compares to this smell.

Imagine the most potent headshop you've ever visited and up the ante with the patchouliest fortune teller you ever met. Imagine this scent driving all your friends and loved ones away.
That's OK, you smell marvelous.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect gorgeous long-lasting scent. Love that it is virtually all natural as well. Never really give Lush a second thought when shopping for perfume or cosmetics, until a friend bought me Karma push up perfume stick and that was it.. have now got the soap, spritzer, another pop perfume, shampoo, conditioner and the sea spray in hair. Spend a small fortune every time I go in the shop, but always happy with my purchases. Love everything it stands for as well. No animal testing or cruelty. I am LUSHING IT. XX

I have an eclectic taste in fragrance and rarely find anything unpleasant . I may find some frags uninspiring , but rarely do I find anything unpleasant . Karma is the most vile smelling fragrance I have ever smelled . It smells SICKENING . When I smelled it at Neiman's after reading reviews, I was stunned that anyone would put such foul smelling chemicals for sale and call it perfume. This is absolutely horrible , almost enough to make you hurl.
My daughter , 28 , also found it disgusting . ( YUCK!!!)
Perhaps this company makes other worthy fragrances , but this one is one that is suitable as a gift for an evil person ( just be certain to stay far from them . )

Popular Fragrances