October 21, 2014 | 937 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Karma

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh my goodness gracious me - KARMA!

Okay, there's a bit of a backstory here. I'll try not to get too long-winded, k? (I said I'd try...I didn't say I'd be successful ;) )

So, many eons ago I was recovering from major surgery when out of the blue (well...UK, actually) a little package arrived from my Mum. I had since moved to the US, and obviously frequent visits weren't in the budget. So, I opened up that gorgeously smelly package with joy (or as much joy as one could expect after having life-changing surgery, anyway) and lo and behold.... Karma! The green soapy thing! The clear other soapy thing! The little bottle of love! THE FRAGRANCE!

Now I was a kid from the Opium/Giorgio fragrance age, and I'd never smelled anything like this. It bonded with me. We had a few tentative evenings out together before throwing caution to the wind and declaring our mutual love.

To this day, it's my HG (I only learned what that term stood for today, by the way) fragrance. It's patchouli and orange and...other stuff...sandalwood? Something-wood? If you want to mess around and make a sort of close version of the original, grab some bergamot, patchoui & lavendar and...some other stuff...and if you mess around with it enough you'll hit paydirt eventually.

Oh - the really cool bit? My mum had the same surgery as me, several years before, and my Aunt sent her the same stuff. Mum shared the wealth.

And now I have to go and buy some.

PS. Mum also tossed in some Maltesers and some Marmite. Bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by shayastha

definitely a maker or breaker for people. though for me its definitely a maker. I always like fruity citrus or vanilla and dessert smelling fragrances but this ones been a change for good. love the packaging n the fact that for 16 cad I get the black refillable vial (which I can later use as a sephora atomizer placebo) ;) love it for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my top three scents for daily use. I love it whether it's the perfume, soap, bath bombs- it's an amazing smell and it wears well. The fact that they bottled my favorite scent is great for me. The biggest con I can think of is that patchouli is not for everyone, and karma can be very strong if you apply too much. But I find it brightens my day and brings a smile to my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love the smell of Karma. Because of oil it last for a while. It has a pleasant patchouli scent to it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jlushh

I am now on my 3rd bottle of Karma, I adore it that much. Smells just like a headshop <3 I love hippy scents.

There is nothing that compares to this smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ghoulnextdoor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Imagine the most potent headshop you've ever visited and up the ante with the patchouliest fortune teller you ever met. Imagine this scent driving all your friends and loved ones away.
That's OK, you smell marvelous.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lolapolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfect gorgeous long-lasting scent. Love that it is virtually all natural as well. Never really give Lush a second thought when shopping for perfume or cosmetics, until a friend bought me Karma push up perfume stick and that was it.. have now got the soap, spritzer, another pop perfume, shampoo, conditioner and the sea spray in hair. Spend a small fortune every time I go in the shop, but always happy with my purchases. Love everything it stands for as well. No animal testing or cruelty. I am LUSHING IT. XX

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by indiawilkes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have an eclectic taste in fragrance and rarely find anything unpleasant . I may find some frags uninspiring , but rarely do I find anything unpleasant . Karma is the most vile smelling fragrance I have ever smelled . It smells SICKENING . When I smelled it at Neiman's after reading reviews, I was stunned that anyone would put such foul smelling chemicals for sale and call it perfume. This is absolutely horrible , almost enough to make you hurl.
My daughter , 28 , also found it disgusting . ( YUCK!!!)
Perhaps this company makes other worthy fragrances , but this one is one that is suitable as a gift for an evil person ( just be certain to stay far from them . )

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the way this smells-orange creamsicle is perfect, as some other reviewers have said. I think it smells fresh and citrusy...makes me thirsty =) My aunt said she could smell patchouli, but I can't.

I wouldn't buy this again, not because it's a bad perfume, but because I almost never buy the same perfume twice. Packaging: terrible. So cheap...the label is literally a sticker that is now starting to peel off. The lid also feels thin and flimsy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by colodon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In the many blind smell trials I put my OH through over the years to discover which fragrance he likes, this one by far has been his favourite, i didn't buy it at the time as for me it was just soo strong, but years later he can still remember it. I spend a small fortune on fragrances and most of the time my OH can't distinguish one from another, I haven't been able to top that ( maybe with one exception) I think i'll apply very, very lightly and to keep it for special occasions with him as I just can't imagine anyone else appreciating it as much as he does.