Wet 'n' Wild Dark Wine - 522A

4.4

Some reviewers need not review I cannot stand when ppl buy cheap lipstick but expect chanel quality ex: its draggy or too much slip blah blah blah. Smh lol we can do without your reviews and next time shop sephora or nordstom and stop complaining. Anyhow this lipstick does last on the lips after eating and drinking and it is a beautiful color a plum red and I like it a lot more than some high end brands that basically ppl pay for the name because some arent an all that type o quality.

on 3/22/2015 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is really pretty but not nearly as dark as I was hoping. I hate that it doesn't retract and my bullet is loose. At least the bullet isn't round.

on 3/15/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Garbage. I mean literally put it on, played with it & threw it away. The smell is very unpleasant, it's too creamy, smudges easily, & is difficult to work with. The color was cool but what's the point if its impossible to apply & doesn't stay put. You get what you pay for, definitely felt like 99 cent lipstick.

on 12/5/2014 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not into expensive lipsticks but wasn't expecting quality on this... I am so shocked at how great this product is! Goes on smooth and its a beautiful color. Very rich and really compliments my skin tone. I often don't wear any other makeup with this color. It really stands out on its own

on 11/4/2014 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to buy WnW's Megalast Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy. I couldn't find WnW's Megalast Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy in any of the four stores I checked. I decided to pick up a Silk Finish lippie as a consolation prize. I wavered between Dark Wine and Black Orchid, and I went with Dark Wine for its cooler tones.

If the Megalast line is a touch too draggy, the Silk Finish line has a bit too much slip. Application was creamy and manageable, however. Silk Finish has the edge over Megalast for packaging (but neither product comes in particularly luxe packaging). You can feel the lipstick rattling around in its case, and the protruding bullet is easy to ding with the cap, but I will chalk these flaws up to the lipstick's two-dollar price point.

Worn at full force, this lippie doesn't last for a very long time--any food or drink or kissing session will finish it off--but blot Dark Wine down to a stain and it will last for awhile, or pair Dark Wine with a lipliner. This is a really lovely, cool-toned berry-red shade with the perfect amount of sheen to it; you can easily blot it down to a pinker berry shade.

Would repurchase, especially in anticipation of the cooler months.

on 7/2/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is a lot deeper than I was expecting but it's absolutely beautiful!!!!! It's very creamy and I liked that it doesn't stain my skin as much as others do :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beyond perfect red with great lasting power, even wear, and it's $2 - so basically a godsend. It has a permanent place in my arsenal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my most favorite dark lipstick. I have fair skin so most dark colors look horrible on me, especially reds. This however is gorgeous. It's not too dark, it's not too bright. It's a perfect wine/cranberry. It also stains my lips so I don't have to reapply too often. This doesn't dry out my lips either which is a problem I have with most lipsticks. Yes, the packaging is super cheap and it doesn't feel or smell as luxurious as high end lipsticks but the color is amazing and it's only 99 cents! It If you're fair with dark hair and looking for a nice deep red try this first before you invest in something more expensive :)

on 1/19/2014 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this around Christmas time hoping to find a cheap dark red or plum lipstick for the season. I bought this for 99 cents and another lipstick for 64 cents because of the deal going on at CVS. The first time I tried this on, it kinda reminded me of Clinique's black honey lipstick. The smell isn't the greatest but it wears off in minutes you can hardly notice it! This is the perfect every day fall lipstick. It's so wearable, and you can make it sheer or as bold as you want it! It makes my teeth look so white. It's very moisturizing too! This is better than all my lipsticks that I own. You can wear it just about anytime of the year. The price is just amazing too!

on 12/20/2013 8:35:00 PM

Pros : the price, and the color, the texture
Cons : the smell, the packaging, the need of a lip brush to apply

so i decided to try this lipstick, i thought, why not, its only 1,60$ !

although it was the color i was looking for, when i got home and tried it on, i was very disappointed. yes, the color looks great on my lips, and the texture is smooth and creamy, but IT SMELLS LIKE PLAYDOUGH. big disappointment there.

then, if you decide to apply it directly from the tube (which porbably most of us do) the bullet kinda moves around in the tube! so when you try to be precise around the edges of your lips, failure. So i guess it needs to be applied with a brush, or you need to a lip liner first. to me, thats not worth it, especially considering the smell.

i guess it IS worth it to spend 10$ for another brand.

Popular Lipsticks