December 20, 2014 | 1602 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Pink Lemonade - Lip Gloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice gloss. It's light translucent pink in the tube with tiny shimmers, and goes on very very light pink and shimmery. It doesn't scream glittery, it just has a sparkle that lights up your smile, if that makes sense. It's like tiny micro sparkles not visible in the way you would think, more light reflecting, if anything. Like your lips, but better, yet it doesn't look like you did more than put a regular gloss on:) I'm trying hard to describe that part, because it's my favorite part about this gloss.

Smells very refreshing like Pink Lemonade, on the more tart side and less sweet; I love that about it. It doesn't have a taste, which is fine, but odd that it's tasteless...maybe because it smells so good I want to lick my lips LOL It's not sticky in the least bit. Just a perfect gloss. Great for summer ♥

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by tracita

another winner of a lip shine from Philosophy! this smells like the real thing--it's a little sticky as I find most of their lippies are but it smells delectable...the lip shines used to sell for $10 each if you purchased individually but we're now looking at $12 a piece...still, I pay it because I love them---a thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I'm not much of a lipgloss gal. I have a bunch (MAC, E/L, Lancome) and use them over l/s. Rarely do I wear a l/g by itself.

But Pink Lemonade is an entirely different story.

First of all, it smells so yummy...definitely slightly tart, subtle but so nice. I can't stand l/g's that smell overtly sweet...it just turns my stomach. But this is a light, tart citrus.

The formula is nice and light, not too sticky, and not gritty in the slightest. It's super glossy too which is a plus. And the formula has decent staying power.

As for the color, it is a subtle, pale pink which looks natural and oh-so-pretty. I think this is perfect for a very natural glossy lip if you have pigmented lips like I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my WORD. This stuff is great. It is pink lemonade to the maximum and not the overly sugary sweet lemonade some drinks are. This is the tart version, both in smell and slight taste. It's light pink in application. I happened on an ebay tube and applied it. DH said, and I kid you not, "um...take that gloss with us on our trip next week. Those are some come f-me lips you have there." Whoa. That having been said, not everyone will love this. If you don't like scent or taste, move along. This packs a punch. If you don't like slightly sticky, move along. This formula is longer lasting than the gelatos so it's definitely thicker and a tad stickier. But to this I swear: it plumps. Nowhere on the tube can I find any claim to it but I applied it last night before bed. This morning, a thin coat was still there and wow. Vavoom. I am not a lip plumper person having relatively full lips and generally believe most of those claims are fairly silly (gelatos plumping? gimme a break). This did it without any tingle. Interesting because I've no idea what's in this that might cause it unless there's some uber-mild reaction my lips are having to the citrus type ingredient that's surely in here. My lips sure don't feel like they're having a reaction. They're glossy pink and full. If you think you'd like the effect, taste, and smell, run get it. Philosophy will surely discontinue this like they do all these lip products eventually.