July 22, 2014 | 1904 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Gabriel - Couzian Highly Nourishing Body Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by tessadavenport

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Had read some positive reviews about the product, and as it is French, I naturally assumed the best ;-) However, it DESTROYED my skin. Much, much, much too oily. Left my skin feeling 'nourished' to the point I had to shower to get rid of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gabriel Couzian Body Care products are formulated in France originally and are now being distributed out of New Jersey. This review is for the Washing Oil, and both Body Moisturizers - one is more emollient than the other and I use both for different reasons and seasons.

This was originally featured in the Bliss Catalogue. When Bliss failed to have it in stock and I complained, I was sent a complimentary set that the manager purchased for me from GC around the corner in NYC. HA! And now I am officially hooked on the products. They are not cheap, but I place a high prioirty on my skin care and this takes care of flakes, eczema, rashes, and those ugly little dry patches that just don't seem to go away - even after exfoliating.

The Washing Oil is extremely nourishing and foams well. I use this after a once-over washing with Dove Unscented Body Wash. That's just "me", you could easily use this alone and get a good lather and wash. The Washing Oil makes also shaving a breeze, rinses off well and leaves a nice moisture mantle on the skin that you can feel right after rinsing.

TIP: I do not dry off after washing with this! I put my huge Turkish bathrobe and brush my teeth while my skin goes from wet to damp.

The Highly Nourishing Body Cream is extremely effective for super dry skin. I use it immediately after showering and using the Washing Oil. The lotion is extremely rich (think of Nivea type that has the slighty oily after-feel only less so) and is a bit sticky, which is why I removed 1 lippie. The effects of the lotion can last for two days (yes, I promise) even if I don't shower the next day (sometimes I take bird baths in the winter)

The bottle actually says you only need it twice a week. My skin is dry and always has been. These products really do heal and seal my skin nicely. That said the products are expensive so I use them sparingly. After I'm "damp-dry", I sit down and pump out a quarter size pump of the lotion for both arms and shoulders. Two more pumps each for my legs and feet. Then I pump again for torso and tush. If you do this while your skin is still warm, the lotion spreads much more easily. This seals in the moisture very well, is comforting to wear and the smell does not interfere with perfumes.