December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Pomegranate Lip Gelato

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ilovemysammy18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE this lip gloss. It melts into my lips making them super soft, plus it smells and tasted great!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What it Claims:
"Philosophy's lip gelato offers more than just lip service. Rich in tocotrienol, tocopherol and sun-flower seed oil, our lip gelatos provide immediate hydrating benefits, while encouraging a plumping effect by using atelocollagen, a naturally derived ingredient from the sea. It is also lightweight, non-sticky, and provides a natural, transparent shine that promotes fuller, more voluptuous looking lips. "

Claims - True or False?
1) Hydrating benefits: True.
2) Plumping effect: False.
3) Lightweight: True.
4) Non-sticky: True.
5) Natural, transparent shine: True.

Packaging:
A regular gloss package. Twist cap, squeeze tube, plastic. The typography works great with the product, and the clear packaging ensures you see how much is left.

Smell:
Possibly my favourite scent ever. Really does not smell like pomegranates (which happens to be my favourite fruit), but it smells beautiful. Fruity, light, sweet, and just the right amount. The smell lingers slightly on the lips, but you are not left sitting there thinking about how your lips smell.

Consistency:
A great in between consistency - not too thick or thin, just right. Thin enough to spread evenly, thick enough to last a good amount of time. Very glossy, sheer and glitter free. No stickiness to it at all. Reminds me a bit of a gel actually.

Ease of Use:
It's a gloss, what's so hard about using a gloss?

Bang for your Buck:
A great investment. Around $16.00 for a gloss that can last up to a year, definitely worth a purchase.

Final Consensus:
With all the glosses I have used and purchased over the years, this truly is the only gloss that has reached HG status for me. This truly is my favourite gloss - perfect fragrance, beautiful glossy finish, just a hint of colour, no stickiness, smooths out my lips, adds some minor hydration, tastes fantastic, and very affordable. This one lip gloss has made me fall in love with the Philosophy brand of lip products, and I will definitely be repurchasing this gloss many, many times.

Overall Rating: 5/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I'm the first one to write a review about this. Out of the lip gelatos I have (lime, lemonade, and of course, pomegranate) this one is my absolute favorite. It just smells and feels so amazing, and the smell isn't quite as sweet as the other ones so it's a little more subdued. I wear this over the Korres lip butter in Pomegrante if I want a little more shine, or just by itself. It's probably my favorite lip gloss ever.