July 25, 2014 | 1859 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Occitane - Shea & Organic Cotton Ultra Comforting Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually love l'Occitane products, and I had great expectations for this one -especially with all the good reviews here. I have sensitive skin, sometimes with eczema. Overall I found nothing special with this product: hydrates well, but it did nothing for my redness. Smell is soft, packaging is really great, but I found nothing special after a month using it -nothing bad either. Would not buy again, it's probably just not for my skin type.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by nikkola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

did nothing except made my eyes swell. and they dont take returns

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by huongttlan

I think this one is very expensive but it's really worth it. Really....

I was having some kind of allergic on my face just the day before I had a flight from France to the U.S. It looked like some kind of such horrible break-out that for the first time, I just wanted to cry seeing my face. As a hopeless girl wandering inside the airport, I came across the L'Occitane store and immediately seek for help from the shop assistant. And you know what, it worked amazingly... only after 1 or 2 days, my skin was perfectly back to normal. I used this one with the shea and organic cotton cleansing milk though..

Basically I'm always a big fan of L'occitane stuff but they are very expensive so I don't use their products very often. So after finishing the bottle, I don't buy it again. But definitely if I got some problems of my skin again, I would buy it again by no means...

P/S: Their pump works perfectly.... Love it love it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Andio

This stuff is great. I am using this as an all over facial moisturizer. The SA told me that it is a spot treatment but I use it all over. It really calms things down and makes skin feel good. I also like to use it over my Renova in the evenings. Good product, good price, nice ingredients. I haven't tried the cream version but the ratings are good here on MUA so I might give it a try after this bottle runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice serum for those with sensitivites. It does not contain colorant, fragrance, or preservatives. It is a glycerin based serum containing shea butter, sunflower oil, and dimethicone. It is lightweight and absorbs quickly into the skin. Kind of pricey for the amount that you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by janeyss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it every morning. Believe me my skin is very sensitive and this one doesn't itch and i think it improves my skin texture a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very expensive, but its a really good moisturizer for skin that is sensitive to everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by suraimcfly

Wow, if you had told me that my multiple personality oily/dry skin would find a solution with this fu fu mall boutique brand, I would have laughed! The store front and the snooty old lady fragrance of their stores is such a turn off but this lotion leaves my somethings grossly oily/sometimes flaky dry skin happy in nothing but softness. I got sucked into the organic/natural products trend and have tried mychelle, avalon, jason, kiss my face, bare minerals (new moisturizer) and everything else that wholefoods will let you test for free and this lotion is the only one that consistently and instantly softens my skin. The others work one day but maybe not the next. I've never carried lotion in my purse before but I do now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by funky_bee

I really like this stuff! It helps to soothe my skin whenever my eczema flares up and its pretty hydrating too when my skin is back to normal (without eczema). But its so damn expensive! Took off 1 lippie due to that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by jabatl

This product kept my rosacea in check last summer. Since you get so little (a mere half an ounce!), I use it only when I'm having a flare up or after a scrub or a peel when my skin needs some soothing. I do see an overnight reduction in redness. I don't think this is meant to be a moisturizer, just a treatment. I definitely have to use a moisturizer after putting this on. I would definitely repurchase as it works well for me, but wish is was cheaper. The price for the amount is steep.