December 28, 2014 | 1268 users online

Foundations - Giorgio Armani - Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by fikiwiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To be honest, I'm in a love-hate relationship with this product. I first tried it when I got a free sample of it in a 5ml tube which I brought along to travel with me and fell in love with the fragrance and how smooth it was on my skin.

Then when I came back to where I was residing at, I decided to just get it, just to get over my obsession on the product. Little did I know it costed almost $100 for a medium size tube (I was expecting it to be $60-$70 or so??; btw I live in Kuwait so I guess a lot of things here are a bit more expensive, despite the fact it is tax free).
Anyway, I love the fact it glides on my skin so smoothly and how it really covers up my pores and how I hardly look like I'm wearing any makeup. Oh and as I mentioned before, I don't know why a lot of reviews took this negatively, but I LOVE THE FRAGRANCE!! It's like as if I'm putting baby talcum powder on my face.
What I don't like about the product is definitely the price. I mean, COME ON! $100 on a small tube of foundation? it's not like its made out of gold or something (probably has sheep placenta or something inside, thats why its THAT expensive *rolls eyes*). And although it can be a positive thing, the fact that it feels like theres no make up on the face, yet I've spent $100 on it just to feel like nothing is there, sometimes kind of makes me cheated like as if I'm drinking a decaf coffee or something.

Anyway, I do not regret buying it cause somehow, despite the price and the 'invisibility' feature it present, I felt a bit satisfied and content whenever I apply it on my face. I honestly do not know if I will buy it again in the future (mainly because of the price), but it is the sort of foundation I will use to the last drop.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect base for slapping on in the morning, when you're only half awake. Blends into the skin beautifully with no effort, and leaves my sensitive, pale, dry skin looking perfect. Granted, this won't cover spots, but it evens out my skin tone very well, despite being invisible on. I use this for natural week day makeup, saving my Guerlain Lingerie de Peau for weekends and special occasions, and I won't be shopping for anything else. These two are, finally, my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by cmdennis1976

If, like me, you have oily skin this foundation is amazing. The only reason I haven't given 5 lipsticks is that it's fairly pricey, but that's a small criticism. I'd describe it somewhere between a primer and a foundation and it's quite sheer. It's a cream but it doesn't have a creamy consistency, it has a powder like, totally matte finish which is why it's great for my oily skin. The only warnings I'd give are that it doesn't go on great over a creamy moisturiser and you don't want to rub it in to the skin too much because it will end up kind of 'balling' on your skin. I just blend it in very lightly with my fingertips. Probably not great if you have lots of blemishes or imperfections to cover because as I said, it's quite sheer but I love it because of the 'matteness' it gives my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Allouqua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty damn good for a day foundation and yes, it has silicone in it so if you don't react well to "primers with silicone" this is prob not for you. It's more or less a primer/foundation in one which is great for more oily/combination skin. The sales rep at David Jones told me to use it as a primer and use a foundation over it??? It sounds like you're asking for major cake-face if your gonna layer stuff like that tho. Also if spending close to $65 AUD on it alone do you really want to buy an extra foundation for $65?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This was horrid. I used this in 0.5 for my NC15 skin. It felt too mask like and suffocating on my face. I couldn't wait to wash it off. It felt like spreading pure silicones which strangely felt extremely drying as well. The finish was also nothing to rave about. It also really aggravated my skin (made my skin breakout in places where I usually don't breakout and also made my skin uneven). In all I hated this product and returned it after 5 uses. Total waste of money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the reviewers who said that this feels like pure silicone. I got a sample, put it on and can't wait to wash it off. Not only does it feel weird, it looks chalky.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Meh...was nice but didn't wow me. If I'm going to consider spending $65+AUS for a foundation I want it to wow me. Had a very unusual feel, like I was spreading pure silicone on my face. Settled nicely but as I said, I want to be wowed at that price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by beautywinkieee

The GA Face Fabric used to be my favorite foundation back 3-4 years ago. I have used close to all of it. Despite being my favorite, it still made my skin flake a lot (as seen in the video below). People at the Armani counter told me to exfoliate my skin more often, but having sensitive skin, I try to avoid frequent exfoliation because my skin turns red very easily.

The coverage of the makeup is quite good, and for parts of my skin that is not flakey, people could barely notice I have makeup on (they just think my skin is flawless!). But with the part that is flakey, the face fabric only makes it 10x more noticeable >.
I won't purchase this again despite being my then HD product. I recently traveled to Korea, and got the Hera BB Cushion, it doesn't accentuate my flakes and coverage and naturalness is just the same as GA's face fabric (see video below to see the difference).

Please note that I have purchased all these products myself and nothing has been sponsored!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by yyip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love FF as much as I love Maestro or Lasting Silk unfortunately. The colours are a little too pink to work properly for me.
It has light coverage, so its best used for evening skin colour rather than hiding blotches and pigmentation. There is a silicone cushiony feel to it so applies easily with fingers.
Would I buy again? Probably not - I don't feel that it creates an amazing look like the other armani foundations do. The finish is matt so you need to make sure you moisturise and exfoliate before application.
I have found a dupe that performs really well for me that I like much better. It's from a good quality Japanese skincare brand, Hadalabo. The Hadalabo Air BB cream has slightly better coverage (build able), has a yellow base that works well for my light yellow skintone and provides a brightening effect that FF doesn't do for me. Hadalabo Air has also that cushiony silicone feel but has slightly little more of a moist feel - not oily. They put hyaluronic acid in it to help plump your skin a bit. The down side for darker skin tones is that there are only two shades. - both a quite light. I use the Natural shade which is a light yellow base whereas the Ivory is slightly darker with a pink base. Worth checking this alternative product out if you are looking for something with a yellow base or less drying...and much cheaper.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by chiccouture1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This so far is my favorite foundation to wear during the summer. I use my fingers to apply this foundation, and it feels so light creamy and smooth. I like being able to wear a foundation during the summer that doesn't look like it's melting off of me, especially when it's really humid outside. No one wants to wear a foundation during the summer heat that makes their skin feel like it's getting clogged and prepared for breakouts. Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric gives a light coverage and it feels like you're wearing nothing. All I do is dot a little on, blend it in and I am out the door. The packaging is great for travel. Although Face Fabric is a little pricey compared to NARS, or Mac, I do think it's worth it because a little bit (a dot) goes a long way. The only con that I can determine is it's not easy to find, a lot of Sephora's don't carry it. I've been to only two Sephora's that carry this foundation. However, Bloomingdales, and Saks carries it. This foundation is a must have for summer.