November 23, 2014 | 2082 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Ivory

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to try this pressed powder, because loose minerals just aren't portable. When EM started offering a money back guarantee, I thought, "Why not?" I'm N4 in MAC, and Fair in BM, so I opted for the Ivory. It has enough beige to even out the redness around my nose and chin, and blends seamlessly on my cheeks and forehead. In 30 seconds I have a flawless, Nicole Kidman-esque complexion. I use one of the sponge pads included in the packaging, and apply sparingly. This stuff will last forever! I get full coverage without feeling cakey, and the jojoba oil takes care of the tight/dryness I usually get with loose minerals.
This does get splotchy after 3 or 4 hours, but I blot lightly with a tissue and that seems to solve the problem. This would be my HG foundation, if only it didn't contain mica. While not as irritating to my uber sensitive skin as bismuth, it does make me a little itchy when my chin gets oily. I've been using this powder for two months, and while I haven't seen an increase in breakouts or blackheads, I have noticed the skin around my chin has lost its smoothness...it looks kind of lumpy.
The packaging doesn't bother me, except for the lack of a mirror. I've toted this to work in a purse pocket and didn't have any problems with it.
Final verdict: I'm using this until I can find a mica free alternative for my poor skin. But if you don't have mica sensitivity, try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Hope62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

** Note about Kim's review **
Yes, fair neutral is MUCH lighter then Ivory. I use it as a concealer on red spots. Ivory is my exact shade and fair neutral is nearly white on me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, I LOVED EM's foundations. They cover SO well and they only company (mineral or otherwise) that has my exact shade. Made my skin look flawless and it looked like MY skin, not a mask of makeup. The let down -- after an 8 hour shift at work. EM's foundation goes on so well and beautifully, but it fades horribly! After around 4 to 5 hours it would start to splotch and make my skin look very uneven. I was so disappointed. Plus I noticed that, for what ever reason, the foundation or maybe just the ivory shade, doesn't look right under a halogen light.

I ended up going back to my old mineral company (Signature Minerals) to compare, as I had been wearing EM for about a month and couldn't remember if SM did it too. When I put back on my SM, it covered a little less then EM did right away, but it still covers well. BUT... it lasted all day, and even in the few spots SM's foundation does fade, it fades evenly and naturally, so your skin doesn't look distorted. So I'm going back to SM. Pitty too, because EM the only company that has my exact shade, but SM has something very close and the blotchy wear is NOT acceptable to me.

NOTE:: Eventually, EDM broke me out horribly all along my chin. I know some people say that acne can't be caused by makeup, but I only get acne when I wear this and I only get strange little bumps when I wear SM. I think makeup can bother your skin and cause these problems.

EDIT:: SM changed their product and now will break you out horribly! Beware! I use Wet N Wild Natural Wear now (the first all natural line!! YAY!) and it has my perfect shade, wears excellent, and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall: 5
Price: 1 (in the super personal kit, it comes down to around 5$!)
Packaging:4 (unique paper compacts whose durability leave something to be desired but they're recyclable and very endearing)
Would I repurchase?:YES!

I really do love this product. It's a lightly pressed foundation, that is made with only the mineral makeup and jojoba to press with. It's very easy to achieve anywhere from medium to full coverage. I use my Flat Top, but it's really easy to get too much on it.. DO NOT SWIRL. It's easy to forget just out of habit's sake, but it would tear up the powder and look terrible on your face. I just lightly press the brush on the surface, and sometimes wiggle just a little to load the brush, and apply as usual. It's a glowy finish, similar to o-glo, but with the coverage of intensive. I never get a powdery finish, but it can look almost like liquid if I apply too much. Less is more. It will cover anything I want it to, and with relative ease. One thing is, it will make blemishes stand out if you spot conceal with this, due to the glow. I definitely would use a concealer, to not highlight the blemish. Overall, I much prefer it to the loose formula on most days, just out of pure convenience and coverage. I wear Sandy Fair in intensive, and Ivory is a little darker and more yellow, but I'm content with the match for now. A layer of Pick Me Up Pink takes care of it. Overall, I definitely recommend to anyone who wants full coverage, likes a glowy finish, and wants a pressed version. More shades are scheduled to come out soon, so don't worry if none of them look like they'll match! This is almost HG, the only problem I have is that it's not quite a match. I'm not going to dock it points for that, but if Sandy Fair gets its own pressed version, I'll never buy anything else again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

Let me start by saying this isn't as much a review as it is a caveat: I ordered the color Ivory from EM to see how much lighter it was compared to what I normally wear, Fair Neutral. I assumed that it would be lighter because on the website it is listed before Fair Neutral in the Buff color family. Assuming that EM lists colors from lightest to darkest like every other company I can think of I was excited to see it.

Ivory foundation arrived today and is going back-it is NOT lighter than Fair Neutral-it's a shade darker with a different undertone. I didn't test the product as EM doesn't take returns on tested items but I checked it in several different lighting conditions and unless I'm loopy it is definitely not the lightest shade in the Buff color family. I even asked my DH and DS to point to the lighter of the two foundations and they both chose Fair Neutral. My cats were unavailable to be polled due to their busy napping schedules.

I will be writing to EM (who has great CS) and suggest they re-do the order of their swatches so no one else makes the wrong choice. Moral of the story-never assume.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No