October 2, 2014 | 1097 users online

Makeup Brushes - Quo - crease blender brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse and I sort of regret it... I have Asian eyes, I don't have much of a crease. Yep. Why did I get a crease blender brush? Anyways, the brush is too large for me to even use it as a crease-blender. It picks up the crease shadow (and you know that's usually a dark-ish color) and just smudges way too much shadow all around. I have zero control with this brush! Still there are times when I apply shadows in the middle of the eyelid (under the crease) with this brush, it doesn't turn out that bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this crease brush daily -- it has short, stiff bristles, cut to form a neat tip. Personally, I find it a shade on the large side for crease work, as I'd prefer to create a fine line, and then build and blend it, rather than work extremely carefully with a bigger brush. Nonetheless, it lays down colour well, and really works great at blending it out into the highlight.

As others have noted, this brush is not without flaw, however. While the bristles start out soft, they really do get scratchy after a few washes. I really like how the brush works with shadows, so I continue to use it daily, but my lids really start to sting if I use it too frequently in a short period of time (Such as if I screw up on a makeup job and decide to scrub it off and start over). Some of the outer bristles have started to splay, as well.

I hesitantly give this product four lippies and a rebuy recommendation -- it feels fair, since I use it daily on my eyeshadow. However, I can see me coming back and editing this down a point in the future. I haven't had a lot of experience with crease brushes, and hopefully, I'll find a better one soon (A re-purchase is likely, though, since I live in a somewhat isolated area where Shoppers Drug Mart and their Quo monopoly are one of my only options for brushes).

EDIT: I've bumped this one down to three lippies. Those bristles are just too damn prickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by tinaRUshopping

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great brush!! I find it to be as soft as my mac and sephora brushes. I have had no shedding and i loove the shape it is so perfect for crease, outer v. This is one time i am glad i did not read the reviews. I did however find the kabuki brush to be quite awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lisamaxum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite brushes, I love how it's so easy to blend my crease, my outer "V", etc. I didn't find it scratchy at all. It's very thick and dense. Easy to clean, easy to use, very versatile. I just love it. I have no other words to explain it. It fans out my eyeshadows amazingly. I don't know how I could be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is an amazing crease brush! I reach for it more then my MAC 217 which is my HG of crease brushes, this one, however might be taking its place. I recently wanted to invest in some MAC brushes, however my closest MAC store is a nearly 3 hr drive- so I decided I would check out some QUO brushes instead and see if I could find a couple I could use. I already have the Bronzing brush which I adore, and the angle contour brush which is also fab. With the QUO 40% off special, I purchased 4 brushes for $45, which is less then what it costs for one MAC 109 brush......Anyway, I was so excited when I first tried this. It places color so well in my crease and outer V, I could never find a brush well suited for my outer V, but this is fab!- it picked up color nicely, and distributed it so evenly and blended any harsh lines out. The thinner tip on this brush allows you to control the intensity if your eyeshadow. I'm very happy and pleased with all the QUO brushes I have purchased so far! they really compare to higher end brushes that I have tried contrary to what some might think- you don't always have to spend a ton of money for quality-

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally, I bought the same type of brush from MUFE, but returned it when I found this one for a lot cheaper. But, you get what you pay for, and I bought the MUFE last week when I gave up on this one. It is too big, too scratchy, not well controlled, doesn't do a nice V, not dense enough, all in all, a lousy brush. Yes, one could use it for blending, but application with this brush is not very good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush didn't blend at all. The hairs were too coarse and the ones in the middle were a lot longer than the rest, not giving precision, but just gets in the way. I don't really have a use for this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

This brush is really rough and scratchy. I also find it kind of large as a crease brush. It's the correct shape but could be smaller to really get in the crease area. (From what I've read here there might be a smaller version of it - I must have gotten the bigger one). It does the job but leaves my lids feeling slightly irritated. Also a bit pricey for not-that-great-quality of a brush. Glad I bought it on sale.

Edit: Reading some of these reviews, I'm slightly confused. Is this brush intended to be a pencil brush, blending brush, or combination of the two? It's not fluffy enough for blending and not stiff enough to be a pencil brush. Either way, it still scratches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this brush.

It's supposed to be for blending eyeshadow, but I find that it's very abrasive, and it leaves my eyelid feeling raw and irritated.

I hardly ever use it, and I feel so bad about having spent a good 5 bucks on it...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by rosetta1123

I bought this at Shopper's Drug Mart during one of their frequent 40% off Quo brushes campaigns. I was drawn to its shape and needed an eye blending brush. I paid about $7.50 CDN for it. Like many of the other reviewers, I found the bristles were soft intially but became scratchy after the first few washes. I'm now using the Posh crease duo and am very happy with them Plus, I only paid $5.00 for the two eye brushes at Pharmaplus.