December 20, 2014 | 1555 users online

Hair - Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by abbyelizabethxo

I absolutely cannot live without this product.. I have medium-long brunetter fine hair and I have spent about 10 years coloring, straightening and practically just ruining my hair in every way possible.. i was the girl who spent 2 months going from brunette to bleach blonde then a week later freaking out and dying it back to brunette. I use coconut oil as an all over treatment - I recently started getting dandruff which I've never had before and my ends are just horrible (even though i haven't dyed my hair for almost 2 years and get cuts regularly and don't use heat) when I use this as a treatment I put it all over my scalp right down to my ends my hair drinks it up straight away I tie my hair into a bun and leave it on for hours. Yes i do have to shampoo twice to get it all out but i shampoo twice every wash anyway so there's no difference to me. The coconut oil has almost completely got rid of my flaky scalp and I have seen a major difference in my ends as well, they don't break as easily there's far less split ends and the fly-aways at the top of my head at my part are very tamed now! I would highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone with any type of hair! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I won't waste everyone's time by listing all the ways that my family and I use coconut oil. Suffice it to say it has replaced a lot of products.
For hair it is amazing - I've been using it in my hair for years.

Try it as a leave in, from the ears down or higher.
As a pre-wash oiling.
Overnight treatment.
Mix it with your henna treatments.
Mix it with your typical leave in.
Mix a little with your shampoo if you don't use conditioner.
The THE BEST way, IMO, is to mix a little with your conditioner and apply as normal after washing. This has made mountains of difference in my dry, thirsty, old hair.
Also, when I'm done washing in the shower, I spread it all over my body and baby bump. Rinse a little and pat dry..no need for lotion or additional moisturization.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by bul79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long, highlighted, dry and coarse straight hair with fried ends. My hair has been feeling drier than ever recently. After another failed deep conditioner purchase, I resurrected my pure coconut oil from the bathroom cupboard and worked some through the ends of my unwashed hair (after warming it up first in my hands).

I left it on for about 30 mins then washed and conditioned as normal and the difference is outstanding. Shiny, strong and very soft, it feels like different hair already. Literally from straw to silk.

I will probably do this before every wash for the next few weeks to get it back into a good condition. I will sleep with it in next time which will probably be even better.

I imagine it won't suit everyone. If you have fine hair then it would probably make it greasy but my hair literally can't drink enough oil as it's so dry so if you have dry hair, then this is the treatment for you.This really beats every expensive product I've used hands down. HG hair product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't have the good results that most people have with coconut oil.
I tried it on my hair in many ways: on wet hair, dry hair, just on scalp, scalp+hair, after washing, before washing, under shower cap + towel, for fly aways etc etc but I just never had the nice, shiny, easy to detangle hair that other reviewers have. It is too greasy for my hair , left it greasy even after washing and needed a lot of shampoo to wash it off. It was oily the next day.
For me Castor oil is better.
Coconut oil always made my hair tangled but I never have the above mentioned issues with Castor oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by sugarfish00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! I've been using this on my hair for more than 5 years now. People have always asked why I have such shiny and healthy looking hair and it shocks them when I tell them its just plain old VCO (not the extra virgin kind though). I use the cold-pressed, food-grade virgin coconut oil from Botany Works (http://www.botanyworks.com.ph/). It comes in a dark colored bottle with a pump. I use one pump of VCO, rub it between my hands and work it into the ends of my hair (never use it on the roots or your scalp or it will make your hair limp and greasy) every night then I get into the shower and shampoo my hair with my regular shampoo. I think its important not to put too much and make sure you shampoo it off. I heat-style my hair almost every day and yet it doesn't look dead and its not brittle and no split ends either. All thanks to VCO! I read somewhere that this is the only oil that can penetrate the hair shaft. Sometimes when my hair is a little frizzy, I would use half a drop of this, rub it between my palms and smooth it on my hair. I never use commercial conditioners anymore because of this.

I also use this sparingly on the dry parts of my body like knees and elbows (I use about a drop and rub it between my palms) and it moisturizes my skin well. One time, I even used this on my feet for a few nights, hoping to remove foot odor and it worked (I think VCO also has some anti-bacterial properties). I would NEVER use this on my face though as I've read that this can clog your pores and make your face break out so I'm not willing to risk it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Juliecore

I have really long processed blonde/white hair and this is an amazing oil that i never ever go without.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by missyazuli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using coconut oil! I like to put it in my hair after I have washed it, and it feels much softer. And you can't beat the smell of coconuts in your hair.
I actually need to go and buy another tub of it, since I'm running low. :c

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by hannahskm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the coconut oil on its own but found it too greasy.

I experimented with 2 Tablespoons of Avocado oil and 1 tbs of Coconut oil.
Gently heated on the stove and voila... did the trick.. the avocado oil somehow
balances the grease of Coconut!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for Spectrum Organic Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil. I really like coconut oil. I used it on my hair and it absorbed well and was non-greasy to the touch. I read that it is the only oil known to penetrate the hair shaft. I don't know if that translates to stronger hair, but when I started using it I had less hair loss and breakage. My hair is fine, curly and frizzy (3B type) and of medium length. One time however, I put too much oil in my hair and had to shampoo twice to get it out. I recommend this product and would buy again but I have decided not to oil my hair as much or at all. I prefer to use Alba Botanica Leave-In conditioner which contains coconut oil, and I am trying to do Conditioner Only washing from now on. otherwise this is a good product. The price is good for such a product and it should last me a long time. Note that my hair does harden in the cold weather, as coconut oil is solid in colder temparatures. I am planning on trying argan oil next, as I heard it is light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by andreamathews77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. My friends are tired of hearing me talk about it. I use it on my hair. I saturate my dry hair and comb it through, clip my hair up in a bun and throw on a shower cap. Sometimes I add heat from a blow dryer, sometimes I don't. I usually sleep with it in. Use old pillowcases because this stuff will leave grease stains. in the morning I have to shampoo twice to get it out....but my hair is transfomed. My dry, color treated tresses just drink this stuff up. My hair is left moisturized and so incredibly soft. I try to do this once a week. It's the best conditioning treatment I have ever done with the most noticeable and immediate results. I have dyed red and keratin treated hair and the oil has not affected my hair color at all. Not permanent or semi-permanent color has changed at all after doing this.
So good!