October 2, 2014 | 1763 users online

Hair Treatments - John Frieda - Beach Blonde- Life Preserver hair conditioning oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Last summer I was going on a tropical vacation and was looking for a product that would protect my hair. I have never used a hair product that had an UV protection in it or anything but since I have really long hair I figured it was better to protect my hair beforehand than to have to chop a lot of dead ends off afterwards. I found this product for $5. I didn't think it was a bad price, although the bottle is not too big. I figured since it was an oil you wouldn't have to use too too much and that it would last a while. I applied the oil to my hair every time before I went out in the sun. When I look back at my pictures from vacation, I realized just how great this product made my hair look. I have naturally curly and thick hair and this product really helped my curls look better and more defined. I had also dyed my hair jet black right before vacation and this product really made my hair super shiny and sparkle (not sparkle in a glitter way since this product does not contain any glitter. But have a sparkley effect on my hair when the sunlight hit it). I also noticed that after using this product every day during my two week vacation, it made my hair a lot healthier and more manageable. Usually my hair reacts really badly with hot and humid weather, but during this vacation my hair has never looked better before! The smell of this oil is also great. It smells like coconut and sun tanning oil/lotion. It is truly a heavenly and summery smell. My boyfriend also used this oil on his hair to prevent his brown hair from fading to blonde. It actually worked great for him too. I would highly recommend this product and I will definitely take it with me on my next vacation. This product can be used on wet and dry hair as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2005 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jgalinski

a couple drops in my hair when dry smooths some frizzies and gives me a little shine, great when i only have leave in conditioner in my hair and nothing else. at first, it feels really sticky. wait ten minutes, then look at your hair, you'll see it has been "absorbed" and looks a little better than before you put it in. i don't use it as a conditioner though, don't think that would work. only use a few drops at a time though, and keep it away from the roots.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2005 1:54:00 PM More reviews by silvercatt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok I didn't actually BUY this rpoduct, my friend gave me a vial to try because I was complaining about the dryness of my hair after going to chlorinated pools 2ce a week.
I do like this. I have enough hair for this not to weigh it down too much, and it does protect it from the chlorine, but since I'm just a student, its a bit pricey for me especially since its not something I would use a lot ( which might not sound logical but it makes sense to me) so I won;t bother buying it.

I found a good alternative to this: bofore going to the pool, I slather on a bit of leave in/spray in conditioner and brush back my hair into a pony tail or a bun and wait 10 minutes before going into the water. This keeps it protected while I'm swimming. After I get home, I put some olive oil on the ends of my hair and leave it in for 15 minutes about 1nce a week. This works just as well if not better and isn;t as much of a hassle as i make it sound. Plus, its practically free!
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tacala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i only use this product for the beach since it's kind of heavy for my fine, wavy/curly hair. it works like a charm for me. i put it in after my shower after towel-drying my hair and let it air dry - stick it in a ponytail and that's it. i reapply after going in the ocean and it gives my hair a nicely conditioned, beachy-look. smells terrific but i also agree with the blah packaging. the cap opens easily so i keep it in a ziploc baggie. it's definitely a summer staple for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 10:12:00 PM More reviews by bacorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Er. I really wanted to like this because of the smell and the decent reviews...But this one is not a keeper for me. Just didn't condition my hair how I wanted. I would stay away from this one for deep conditioning, as it goes in uneven and can leave hair oily and unmanageable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 10:56:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a love-hate relationship with this product, then I swapped it! lol

While it really conditions my hair and makes it shiny, it also makes it oily and un-manageable used a few days in a row. Not very helpful on humid days either, and the texture of my hair get very sticky when I use this on a hot/humid day.

In my case, it's probably better to use it only once or twice a week. But anyway, I wasn't pleased enough to keep my bottle.

And I really hate the bottle - it is crappy. Whenever it falls, the oil comes off even if the lid is thighly closed, and then it creates a greasy mess in my ''hair products stash'' or on my floor.

The coconut scent is divine. I'm not sure that I would buy this again though. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

Why do I always find great products after they have been discontinued, LOL! Vanity68 was sweet enough to pick this up for me since I could no longer find it in my area. This is a conditioning oil that has a yummy tropical, coconut-suntan oil scent. I recently slathered this on my dry hair, put it up in a ponytail and went to the pool for an hour and a half and sat in the sun. After shampooing and conditioning, my hair was noticeably softer and silkier. Again, very nice product, reasonable price, but discontinued, so pick up some while you still can!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by candy15151

I use this as a hot oil, and it was worth the price! I pay about $5 for 1 oz. of other product, but this is 4 oz. for $6 and really conditions my hair. I add this at the pool or on the beach and let it bake all day, and then have beautiful shiny hair. It smells like coconut tanning oil, which is very cute and beachy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tan year round so I like to use this on my hair. A friend of mine told me about it and I have bought it ever since. I have curly/frizzy color treated/highlighted hair so it needs all the help it can get. I will definately get it again and again and again!! (oh yea I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scent, I am an avid tanner so I look for anything that smells beachy or summery)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by fallface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff and have to have it on hand every summer or my hair will fry. I will also use this stuff to style with if I only use a drop or two and pull my hair back. Smells great (coconutty) and is worth every inepensive penny plus some!