Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114

4.4

on 1/17/2015 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Oh well Amber. For some people it's nothing special.

But among those who like Amber, if you've read the other reviews you should be getting the idea that 114 really is something special. I finally purchased one of the travel sizes, on hearing so many people saying wonderful things about it, and once I realized I'd been wearing it for 5 days in a row, I figured it was time to buy a bottle. Admittedly it's a pretty straight-ahead amber, rather than one of those "Amber n' More" sorts of things, but for pure quality and radiance this is the stuff. Good projection and longevity, so of high quality in those areas as well. I'm a fellow, with quite a bit of experience in fragrances, and have no problem recommending this wonderful fragrance to anyone who may find themselves interested in familiarizing themselves with Ambers.

Powdery amber with a touch of vanilla. Comforting and warm due to the good balance of vanilla but not something special.

on 2/21/2011 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Adore this fragrance, it is so sexy and I love that no one else has it!

Ambre 114 is my evening frag (Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has a Gun is day wear) and literally everyone who smells me comments on it (to the point where I am now recognised by this scent!)
The price is relative to the stunning quality of this frag as it changes so much during wear as all of the notes slowly develop. I still catching myself sighing whenever I get a waft of this perfume!

So worth the trip to Melbourne to buy a new bottle whenever I run out!
Highly recommend this to those who love Amber and are willing to drop <$200 on smelling as beautiful as you are!

My favorite amber. If Ambre Precieux is too heavy, Ambre Sultan is too dry, Ambra del Nepal is too sweet or too light...well, Ambre 114 might be the one. I love the other three, so I'm a very happy person after learning this amber is 'out there' as well. The combination of notes (as listed by the previous reviewer) give this scent a smooth, dry, sweet, sexy and cozy feel. Gorgeous smell, great sillage, long-lasting. If this isn't FBW for an amber lover I don't know what is.

on 2/23/2008 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not always an Amber fan, it must be the vanilla component, but there certainly are Ambers I like plenty, and this might be my favorite so far. I like SL Ambre Sultan in small doses, but I think I"ll be able to take this Ambre in larger ones! This Amber is what I have always imagined when I have thought an Amber scent would be, but so far I have not met my match. Well, look at these notes: top notes of thyme and nutmeg; middle notes of amber, rose, patchouli, sandalwood, cedar, vetiver and geranium; and base notes of ambergris, vanilla, tonka beans, musk and benzoin. What's not to like? This scent is masterfully blended to the perfect balance of warm and cool, wet and dry, to create a kind of spicy amber that has me glued to my wrist today. If the notes appeal to you as well, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Popular Fragrances