Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

I have this in "Fair", the lightest shade available, and it's a decent (not perfect) color match for my very pale, neutral skintone. The coverage is opaque enough to cover blemishes, but the formula is light enough to be used under-eyes, and around my nose area. This is a creamy formula, but it sets less greasy than you might expect and I appreciate that fact since I have oily skin, and I only use concealer and powder most days, so I need it to last/hold up. I set my whole face with the Coverall Powder by WnW. My other fave concealer is WnW's Coverall stick in "Light" and that shade is a bit paler, so I prefer it during the cooler months. WnW's version is also more matte and budgeproof than this one, not to mention costs much less than CG's version, so I'm not sure if I would repurchase, but I will go ahead and put yes.

I have been using this concealer in Fair 705 (the absolute perfect shade for my skin tone and the effect I want to achieve when using this product) for approximately 8 years and I have yet to find another concealer that I like better. I mainly use this product for the dark circles under my eyes that are somewhat of a darker blue/purple colour, and sometime on pimples or acne scars to reduce the associated redness. Recently, I purchased a MAC Pro Longwear concealer to try something different and I must stay I was disappointed; although I liked the consistency of the MAC concealer, I found that after wearing it for a while, I really did not like the way it looked on my skin (looked heavy and super dry). On an occasion when I was doing full face makeup, I used the MAC concealer first and ended up applying a layer of the CG concealer on top to give the effect that I love (soft, moisturized and not cakey). I love the consistency of the CG concealer and the effect that it gives. I do have admit that it has a bit of a tendency to crease and lay in fine lines around the eyes, but it dawned on me to use an eyeshadow primer prior to applying the concealer (I've been using Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and it dramatically reduced the creasing that can appear when using this concealer. Not to mention, the price for this product is more than reasonable and if anything, is handy to have in your purse for touch-ups through out the day. Until I find another product that performs better (at least performs better for me) and has a better or equivalent colour match to my skin tone, I will continue to have this concealer in my makeup collection!

I got a shade that maybe was too light for my skin, but was good for high lighting my dark/deepset eyes maybe just a little less than usual. I should purchase a darker one to give a better review, but anyway.

It's really good if you have oily/acne prone skin but I wouldn't suggest it if you have dry skin. Doesn't give me breakouts, it glides and a bit creamy and sticks onto oily skin while simultaneously removes the oily look. Also good if you just have slightly deep set eyes or have dark circles not too dark - unlike me who looks like a vampire if well rested and a zombie if not.

I recommend that you should really buy something that matches your skin tone otherwise it will look patchy if you use it on places that aren't awfully dark (such as cleft chins or corners of zombie eyes, if you have them) otherwise try blending it out with BB cream or foundation.

Overall, really nice for its price especially for a product that doesn't cause breakouts.

I bought the color "light" in this line - and should have bought the "neutralizer" color instead, but it was sold out everywhere. "Light" is the color that was recommended to me via the CG website - and it was horrible. Extremely pink - obnoxiously so. If the "neutralizer" color comes back in stock in my area, I may purchase - but I did notice that this is extremely drying. If you have dry skin, stay away. It caused my skin to peel.

Edit - since I couldn't use this as a real concealer because the color was just way off for me - I tried using it as a primer for my eyelids like others suggested....no. Not even that worked. By the end of the day - my eyeshadow still clumped in the lines of my eyelid - so this product didn't even do that for me. I tossed it.

So I got the illuminator...
You know, the stuff that supposed to be lighter then everyone's skin tone to be like a highlighter?

Well, it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY. It feels so nice on my skin I don't even know it's there, it has just the right pink tone to it to match my skin. It's lasted the longest of all concealers I've bought, and covers stuff really well.

I recommend that if you can NEVER find the right shade because it's too yellow or orange, try this. I nearly cried with happiness not to have to mix fifty colours together to have something that works. Compared to other make up I used, pretty cheap too! I hope this one sticks around for a while.

I read somewhere to use the neutralizer color (730) to fix redness. I finally got it and have been trying to use it for the last couple weeks. First off this color looks like the perfect color match to any modern day manikin. But it does seem to take away the redness on my cheeks/nose area. But It is really flat. I feel like it makes me look sick. I like the formula so I may have to try it again in another shade...

I have been using this for a touch up spot concealer for over 15 years - it is great! It covers up blemishes and dark spots so well. I can not live without this. Lasts all day - never have to reapply. Thank God for this excellent spot treatment. I use this after my foundation on the spots that just need a bit extra coverage. It finishes what a liquid concealer can't. If you just dab it on the spots it will cover flawlessly!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best concealer I've ever used. The lipstick type applicator is easy to use. And I love the texture. It's creamy but not oily. I bought the light shade, and it works perfectly on my under eye circles, dark spots, and blemishes. I actually purchased this shade based on the recommendation from the Cover Girl website. Normally I would have bought the fair shade, but the light shade looks so much more natural. So apparently they know what they're doing. First, I apply CG Smoothers Makeup in "Natural Ivory" with a makeup sponge. Then I apply the concealer on top wherever I need it. I use the same sponge and lightly pat to blend. Then I set with Coty Airspun Loose Powder in Rosey Beige. Once set it lasts all day.

I had read some good reviews of this CG concealer, and wanted to like it....but it was just not creamy enough for my dry-ish aging undereye area. However, it was not a total bust because I read on here....or somewhere....that it made a great primer for eyeshadow. So, I am using it as a primer, instead of concealer. So far, it is a terrific primer and helps shadow stay on my oily lids. Still looking for a HG concealer......

Okay so I really love this concealer and I wish I didn't lol mostly cause of its price its like $5-$6 dollers and my local Walmart for only 4 g. Of product. . So I constantly have to be buying it again ! I have it in color illuminator and thats the only color I ever buy it in ! It makes my eyes look awake and pretty and my face a lot brighter! :) its so easy to appy its so smooth and super blendable !!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials