April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This would have gotten 5 lippies, if the shades didn't run so pinkish. I have this in Neutralize, Fair, and Light, since my coloring changes so much throughout the year. "Fair" is too dark and pink/peach to be used by truly fair ladies, I would recommend the "Neutralize" shade, which is great for ultra pale skintones (and the only shade that is NOT pink). I have found other drugstore concealers that are more yellow toned, but the problem is, I use concealer to cover blemishes or post acne red marks, and this is the only concealer that doesn't aggravate or cause breakouts. This has good coverage, and lasts well (I always set my makeup with powder though). This doesn't settle into fine lines under my eyes either. If CG would realize that women are not all varying shades of pink, they would have much better sales in all their foundation and concealer lines :-/

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Blargh, I really wanted this to work for me! I'm fair with yellow undertones and bad dark circles, and I had hoped this product could save me. I bought it in the 'Neutralize' shade, but it was just weirdly light and greyish yellow on me. Unfortunately the rest of the colours had pink and salmon undertones which weren't going to work. The formula itself isn't bad, good coverage and pretty smooth (but I found it a bit drying). I love the packaging, how simple and quick it is to use. Unfortunately our love just wasn't meant to be.

If you find a colour that matches your skin, I bet it's great! However, for my neutralizing needs I now go to Maybelline Dark Circle Treatment in Neutralizer, which is a more flattering shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by rdo

Moderate coverage, creamy and blendable

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by maynek22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this. I am very fair-skinned so use the the neutralizer shade. It covers my dark circles without a cakey residue. In the past I used another CG product (I don't remember what it was, but it came in a container with a sponge wand applicator), but I had often had milia around my eyes. I don't have that issue with this product. Convenient packaging too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this concealer. It covers my dark circles well, and looks very natural. It doesn't feel heavy or look cakey. I haven't had any issues with it creasing or drying out my skin. Despite being in a stick form, it is creamy and easy to blend. I would consider it medium coverage. It also works good on blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by pinkglitterca24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! It is so smooth and creamy. The best part about it is that it just glides on and you don't feel it on your skin. I am in 715 Medium and I bought this because I had a coupon for Cover Girl and needed a new concealer. I actually read the reviews on this website before purchasing and I am so happy I did. My severe dark circles look so bad and this concealer perfectly covers them up. For maximum and long lasting coverage, I use two layers. My freaking dark circles make me look like a zombie and I am so insecure. When I have on the concealer, I look much better and the color matches me perfectly! I dont even use powder because it doesn't crease AT ALL :) It is an amazing product that I need to repurchase again soon. You need this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

In a previous post I said I didn't use any other covergirl cosmetics, but I forgot about this! How could I forget this?!?! I use Revlon colorstsay in buff as my foundation. OK, so this is how I do it. You know those stupid, red zits that simply won't cover up with ANYTHING?!?! Well, after I put my foundation on and let it set, I take the very tip of this concealer and "dot" it on the blemish. I never blend it, move it, smudge it or anything like that. Just dot and go. It is amazing at covering any imperfections. My only gripe would be that if you accidentally brush against it, it will come off. That's why I carry it with me :-) I can just dab the spot again and go. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by t1ee611

It's cheap price but really effective.

I got this from supermarket at half price $5, works well, and last long.
Highly recommended!
I like the lip stick style, easy to apply and look natural

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by BeautyByBrianna

Short & simple... INFORMATION : AquaCurrent Science and botanicals like ginseng, vitamin E, and chamomile will help your skin look smooth. PROS: good price range. ( around 5-7 $ Canadian ) very smooth texture, effortless to blend into skin. Covers dark circles AMAZINGLY. CONS: doesnt have enough coverage to cover up acne and acne scares, can clump on to dry skin. Doesn't come in many shades. ( hard to find yellow undertone shades). PERSONAL THOUGHTS: I really thought this concealer would be super hydrating for my dry skin but instead in started to flake around my acne plus didn't cover them either, maybe a little bit if redness but that's all, it covered my dark circles no problem, in fact that's the only reason why I still use this concealer. It's very easy to blend...but a little bit too easy... I have to do up to 2-3 layers to get my desired coverage. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best concealers I have ever owned. It lasted me for years of constant use (don't know if that's hygienic...) and I've been pretty impressed for such a cheap concealer. It's pretty thick and creamy, so not good for anything too flaky. However, it has good coverage, and great as just covering up the average blemish. I wouldn't recommend it for the under-eye area, though.