Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 2/4/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is a great, cheap exfoliator. Especially for legs...If you're young.

I still use mine for my legs and even though i'm only 35, it's just too abrasive for anywhere else. That much dermal damage just to exfoliate is not necessary. Maybe once every few months if you've gone too long without a good scrub, but otherwise, my chest, arms - basically upper body are too delicate to be torn at like that.

For that I use an Italy towel. Same dirt cheap price, same asian skincare goodness - better exfoliation to be honest... and much more delicate on your skin.

on 1/15/2015 10:12:00 PM

This thing is seriously amazing. I stumbled upon a review when looking for better option to traditional loofah to take with me during two-months of travel through India and SE Asia. I just purchased another three after first use. (This will make a perfect gift for my friends/family!) Seriously - who would have thought that something as simple as wash cloth can make such a difference?
If there are any other Japanese/Asian tricks like this, please do let me know - seems like they really know what they´re doing!:)
PS: No, really, try this - I couldn´t find one negative review on this. (Except when it was about fake ones from China.)

on 1/9/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These work well but it's easiest for me just to buy the Walmart ones which are about 2 for $2.00. They are with the bath products in the beauty area. You can wash in the washer,they last forever. Great cleansing along with your cleanser of choice they give you a real exfoliated glow! Your moisturizer works better and makeup goes on more smoothly.
UPDATE They are $3.00 now and not easy to find at Walmart because they are almost always sold out. Keep looking though-once you get it they really last forever.Don't get the body onbe for use on your face its REALLY too rough.

An Italy towel works MUCH better and is just as affordable!

on 12/29/2014 12:21:00 PM

I seriously don't know how I ever lived without this. It's incredible AND cheap. Order a bunch for yourself and also several for gifts. You'll never want to go without one again!

on 12/29/2014 2:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It is a great investment, totally worth it! Salux exfoliates like nothing I've ever found; it leaves my skin smooth, touchable and slippery lol Yes, slippery because I tried to shave my underarm and the razor slid on my skin like a knife on butter that has been out of the refrigerator for too long - I did not cut myself though.
Salux is very easy to use: just wet it and rub a soap bar on it or pump some soap out of the body wash dispenser and then rub the towel on your body. It lathers like nothng you've ever seen. I like applying my cleaner on my face and then exfoliating with Salux; it gets rd of the blackheards and leaves my face smooth and clean.

on 12/25/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The phrase "accept no substitutes" definitely applies when it comes to this bath towel. The preceding reviewers have pretty much nailed it as far as the description of this product goes: it's stretchy, durable, rough, and works well to exfoliate. You can easily stretch it around your back and shoulders to wash them if you have issues with breakouts on your back.

I bought one of these for my husband, because he has oily skin and gets back zits from time to time but also has KP, so I thought this would help. At first he was skeptical and hesitant to try it, but after some badgering by me, he used it and loved it.

Here's where the "accept no substitutes" part comes in. After about a year, I decided to toss his first towel, and was stupid and decided to try a knock off version I saw at Wal Mart to replace it. I checked out several versions, and thought the one I chose was the thickest and best quality, so I figured it'd be fine. Wrong. That piece of junk started falling apart after a week, and actually RIPPED in the middle after a month's use.

Salux makes a superior product, and there really is no substitute for the real thing here, ladies (and gents). Don't settle, just order it on Amazon or go to your local Asian market (where I get mine) and grab one (or two, or three...). You won't regret it.

on 12/24/2014 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I haven't used anything else in years now that I discovered these. You barely need any soap, too! Amazing.

on 12/24/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've been hearing about Salux for a while before I finally took the plunge early this year. I was going through scrubs at a fast (and expensive) rate so I wanted something that would be a reusable one-time purchase. I'm definitely not disappointed, and I wish I had gotten one sooner as they're easier to use and more effective than exfoliating scrubs.

The texture is very rough, like steel wool if it were made of nylon and polyester. When I first got it I was disappointed because I thought it would be too rough on my skin. However, I soon learned that I with this product I don't have to do the scrubbing and I can just lightly rub it against my skin since it does all the work for me. Over time, it's gotten slightly less rough but not to the point where its efficacy has been compromised. I do know there are "soft" versions available of similar bath towels for people with more sensitive skin though.

I bunch it up a bit to use on the front of my chest and arms, but I use the full length of it for my back and to do my legs. I prop one leg up on a ledge in my shower, place the center of the Salux underneath my leg with one end in each hand, and then lightly rub it back and forth going down the length of my leg. I do the front of my legs and my back in a similar manner, and then bunch it up to use on the soles of my feet too. This makes my shower routine quick, yet I feel cleaner than before and my skin is softer (especially elbows and knees).

This rinses cleanly and dries overnight (I hang it on a shower hook). I've been using the same one for many months now and it hasn't fallen apart like nylon shower loofahs, or started to pill like microfiber bath towels. It's definitely replaced all my other shower accessories.

Overall, this has made my exfoliating routine quicker and more effective. I think it's worth a shot for anyone who enjoys nylon loofahs or scrubs, but wants something longer-lasting, easier to use, and cheaper.

on 12/18/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Oh how I love this thing! I have gone through two over the last 6 years, and that only because I worked my last one harder than most people would (see below). It's amazing for my skin in the winter. The flaking and scaliness is way improved. And it feels soooo good to scrub with it. I don't find the texture to be too rough. If you work quickly in circles, it's actually very gentle. If you scrub hard back and forth, it's great for areas like feet. And you can unfurl it to scrub your own back! Perfection.

This is also of major use to me in the summer after gardening. When dirt and sport sunscreen meet, they create a very stubborn film. Ditto for sunscreen and sand at the beach. This scrubby towel completely gets rid of that even when you're using a gentle sls-free soap. I don't feel clean in the summer without my salux towel. I only had to replace my first one because it was stained with dirt and looked a little gross.

It retains its scrubby texture for years without coming loose like those pointless shower poufs. It dries really quickly and rolls up small so it's perfect for traveling.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools