November 28, 2014 | 1592 users online

Liquid - Anna Sui - Moisturizing fluid foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by paleandpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must say I adore this foundation.
My skin info: I am really pale, have rosacea on my cheeks(broken capiliaries too) and my face is very dehydrated.
I am very picky about colour and find many foundations are way too yellow. Even the slightest yellow tint I run far away.Some foundations I have tried; Lancome, Dior (the worst), MAC(second worst), Smashbox, MUF, all seem yellowish and don't work for me. Where as this foundation is yellow free, non streaky, hydrating/dewy, and looks natural.
Oh and I will add this foundation doesn't seem to budge and I do not set my foundation with any powder ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kaylerina

This is the only foundation that is an exact match for my skin. I have it in P04. I really like the consistency.
Doesn't cause my sensitive skin to break out. Smells... kind of nice, it reminds me of old ladies, but in a good way...
haha.
The bottle is super cute, I like the little pump.
The only problem I have with this foundation is that on really hot days(25-30C), it feels heavy on my face, and I feel like it's melting into my skin. Thankfully I live in Canada and we only have that kind of weather for about 3 months, if we're lucky.
Other than that I love this foundation. My best friend was working at the Anna Sui counter and recommended it for me. I would say if you want medium coverage that lasts and doesn't give you a chalky, dry look, go for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by margyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

CLICK CONTINUE

This is actually my current HG foundation. It's my first HG anything XD

I got shade B02
SPF 12
A pretty good range of colours I think
30mL for about 4000 yen (at the Hankyu department store in Kawaramachi, Kyoto, Japan).
I'm not sure how much it is at home in Canada, but this stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! (and now that the exchange rate isn't so great for me, it's even worse)

Nonetheless, I don't regret this purchase.

COVERAGE is pretty sheer, maybe no more than a medium coverage.

The smell is the signature scent. I honestly don't know what the smell is. It's definitely not rose (not like the roses that grow in my garden, anyway). It's a bit of a sour smell.
I don't hate the smell most times. Some days, I DO find discomfort with the smell...I dunno why. It's just like how everyone has those good days and those blah days.

Bottle is cute. It's made of glass. A pump would be nice. Or a smaller hole where the product comes out. The cap is glossy black, plastic and kind of shaped like a rose.
Not convenient for travel, but I can live with that.

How I get the product out: Put the back of your hand flat against the opening. Flip the bottle upside down. I feel product on my hand. Flip bottle and hand rightside up. Remove hand. NEVER REMOVE YOUR HAND WHEN THE BOTTLE IS UPSIDE DOWN (that should be common sense). Anyway, there should be a small glob of foundation on the back of your hand. Use a brush or your fingers (I find using fingers will give a more sheer application, yet more even)
Or you can just pour a little out. Since I'm a klutz, I often end up spilling so I use the aforementioned method.

The finish is slightly dewy. I like to use Palgantong Make-up's Theatrical Powder as a finisher (it's another HG of mine)

Underneath, I use a plain lightweight moisturizer (if I remember), a TINY BIT of concealer on random spots, a tinted moisturizer, and a tinted BB cream.

After applying, usually with a brush, I pat my face with a makeup sponge and "warm" my face with my hands (I think the warming thing KINDA sets the foundation).

continued >>

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by muddles

This is my current HG foundation! I got the shade P04 and it matches my ppp skin tone perfectly.Im a MAC NC15, Becca Sand,LM Porcelain-Ivory (oil-free),LM t/m nude for reference. Texture of this foundation is relatively light and easy to blend in.This foundation evens out my skintone naturally. I like to set this with NARS Snow loose powder and it lasted on me for the entire day and without oxidizing on me at all. I like the signature tea-rose scent too! In terms of packaging, it comes in the form of a froseted glass bottle with rose design and a pretty black vintage cap.I have no issues with the glass bottle style, but this may be a hassle in terms of application for those who prefer pump-style. Am quite surprise that there are only 2 reviews here. Would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by SacredMoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

coverage: low - medium, extremely buildable
Price: $38 approx. bought in department store
Let me start by saying.... LOVE. Love, love, love this foundation.
The shade I use is B00 and is the palest shade they have. (My skin is super pale.)
Anna Sui has the best packaging, period. It comes in a cute frosted glass bottle with a rose top lid. No pump.
The undertone on this one is golden. Not super yellow, but golden. Perfect for me. And it has Anna Sui's signature tea rose scent which is divinely addicting.
I am sooo impressed with how this applies. Dare I say, it is almost foolproof. I tend to have a problem with streaking my foundation, but this one just glides smoothly and effortlessly when applied with fingers. Even when you build up the coverage, it stays smooth. Covers my problem areas so that I don't need concealer. I just dab a bit more of the foundation where I need it, usually around my nose and chin.
It has a dewy finish(which I love, as I dislike matte foundations), feels very moisturizing and nice on the skin. Set with powder, this is a dream. It does not rub off. It stays put. And I look fairly fresh at the end of the day.
Overall: My go-to favourite foundation.
Rebuy? Yes!

There is a photo in my gallery of me wearing this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this liquid foundation is infused with anna sui's signature tearose scent - a scent that i absolutely adore. it comes in a very cute rose-shaped glass bottle (contains 1 oz of product) with a rose-shaped black lid - it's the dark goth princessy look that anna sui does so well. a small complaint - it would've been much better if the bottle was plastic instead so i wouldn't have to worry about breaking it while carrying it around. but i guess the glass bottle adds to the glam factor, and i always feel so glamorous and classy when using anna sui products. it has spf 12 and PA+ and i picked this product up in B00, which is a perfect color match for my fair to medium asian skin with pink undertone. and i love the fact that it's so moisturizing for my slightly dry skin, but doesn't clog my pores! the anna sui website claims that it creates a nice "doll skin" look when you wear it, and i really think it holds true to the claim! it spreads easily and does not oxidize (turn greyish) by the end of the day, and as a little goes a long way and i only use it on my t-zone, i expect that it will last me a good while. it costs 4000 yen retail, but i think i only paid about 2500 yen for it. so it was definitely a good buy! will repurchase.