December 17, 2014 | 1749 users online

Concealers - By Terry - Touch-Expert

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

Ah, I so wanted this to be the answer to my prayers after reading the reviews, but unfortunately, while it is pretty damn good, it's not perfect. I have started to get fine lines under my eyes and my usual concealer had started to accentuate them. So began my quest to find the perfect concealer that covered but didn't age me. I have spent a small fortune on various different ones and then read the reviews for this and have been using it for a couple of months before feeling ready to review it. I have dark circles under my eyes which are totally self inflicted. I'm 40, a smoker (yes, I know, I need to give up!), I have 2 children and work full time in a very stressful job. I exist on roughly 4-5 hours sleep per night. I use the Dermalogica Age Smart skincare range and this helps with the fine lines enormously. This concealer is very good, probably the best that I've ever used for brightening and looking natural. It doesn't settle into fine lines and covers those little capillaries and age spots wonderfully. The problems are that it doesn't conceal dark under eyes, it merely brightens them and it doesn't last. By lunchtime my dark rings are back to square one and unfortunately my job doesn't allow me to pop out and reapply my make-up whenever I feel like it. If you are the kind of person that carries your make-up bag with you during the day, then I guess this would be wonderful for you. For me unfortunately it only makes me look good until lunch time. What a shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Jessiewright

As a makeup artist I am always on the lookout for a great concealer that is invisible under the eyes but does the job of hiding darkness. At $98 (Nz) I nearly passed out. However, I can honestly say hand on heart that I have found my holy grail concealer. As with any makeup, you have to use what works for you. This will definitely be going in my kit!!! I've used them all but this one covers darkness, brightens (without looking to bright and ashy like touché éclat can sometimes look) and is skin tone correct. It blends seamlessly, works into the skin with a few pats of the finger, doesn't sit in lines, doesn't look dry or cakey, lasts very well. It literally looks like skin!! Well done By Terry! Please don't ever discontinue this product. You really have found a winner. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm nearly ready to say bye By Terry, it's been good knowing you and you did manage to hang in there for a good year and a bit even though I didn't use you everyday. I found your push button packaging took a while to get going and inside the lid a little messy at times..

Aside from that you glide on beautifully and blend in smoothly and do as you are told and stay in place all day without looking cakey and getting creased. Your brush stayed intact and didn't get those crazy fly-aways some of these brushes do.

But I do wish No: 1 Fair had been that bit lighter especially as I have paler than NC15 in winter skin so we were not always the best of friends in winter. Had Nars not come out with their new creamy concealer in a colour more suited for me I think you would have been a strong contender for replacement. it's been good knowing you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Guliafornese

I love this concealer. It blends with your natural tone like ysl touche clat but is a superior product because it covers better and lasts all day! Doesn't cake and go into fine lines. A fabulous product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

One of the most over-rated products I have had the misfortune to purchase. Was sold this by pushy Space.NK salesgirl, along with a very expensive kabuki brush that sheds tons of bristles whenever it's used. Not returning to Space.NK anytime soon. Anyway, this By Terry product offers poor coverage but it will still settle into lines you didn't know you had, whilst disappearing from the areas that needed coverage. Clever! Applicator is hideous clicky pen/brush arrangement - have to wait an eternity for the product to be extruded onto the stiffest, most horrible brush ever used to apply concealer which is far too stiff to put near delicate skin, let alone allow blending. Each click produces a great blob of product, so if you don't need very much you're stuck with it on the bristles. Space.NK would not take the item back, so I gave it away, as I know some people do like this product. Personally, I think the whole By Terry thing is another example of hype over substance. There are much better products available for less.

10 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have Touch Expert Advanced in colour #5 in Vanilla Beige, which is an apricotty, light shade. I find the numbering of the colours perplexing I have no idea where this fits in their system. I have quite fair skin with yellow undertones, and all I know is that both I and the Sales Assistant felt this was a better match than #4. I didnt want anything too brightening as so often you pass people on the tube who have bright, whitish rings of highlighter under their peepers. This, I apply to the inner corners, over the darkness there, and it makes fatigue and dark circles disappear. Compared with other concealer/highlighters, its very, very good better, I feel than Touche Eclat, which I recall as thicker and pinker, in the shade I had, at least.
This has a liquidy, creamy consistency that melts over the offending shadows, without settling into fine lines. Previously I was using a cheapy version by LOreal (Touche Magique) and the famous Collection 2000 concealer (good around the nose, but not fine enough for delicate eye skin). I tried Bobby Brown and MAC, but with those, the concealer itself was too visible. This is invisible, and for that, I think its great. I have ludicrously sensitive skin and I find Touch Expert quite soothing and very gentle (though it has the longest ingredients list Ive seen on a product, ever).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am NC43 skin tone and tried the Touch Expert in 6. Amber Brown. The colour match wasn't too bad (pretty good for a concealer) but at the end of the day, it didn't do the trick for me. It's quite a light consistency, which is great for blending but not so great at hiding my dark circles, and definitely no good for hiding anything like darker acne scars. After an hour or so, you couldn't even tell I had anything on, apart from the concealer that had settled into the tiny lines around my eyes. The packaging is cute, and the brush is very handy, but for the price this doesn't do it for me and I will be returning it tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For $58, I really expected this to be a great product. But, no. It works great on my hand...not on my face! I tried it at the counter and under the lights in the store it seemed like it would work great, or at least the tube at the counter did. The sales associate applied it to my eye, and it didn't seem drastically different to what I had on. She kept trying to explain that I don't have dark circles, my eyes are just very deep set and this is a shadow. But that's crap, they're very pronounced! I didn't care as much for her application and decided I'd give it a fair try at home....and I am now sending it back to Barneys for a refund. I gave it a couple days, I tried layering it with other things, but it just isn't working. If I have to layer sometihng that's almost $60 a throw...that's a waste.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must mention that I will give another try but the first attempt didn't work for me. I tried this concealer at the Bloomy counter and at first I liked it. Evem my BF noticed some "nice difference" which he wasn't able to explain though. After we had a dinner and got back to a day light, I asked him to look at my eyes again. He did and said: "go take something from under your eyes away." I looked in the mirror - each and every tiniest wrinkle was visible. Maybe my eye cream wasn't moisturizing enough and like I said, I'll try it on something richer but for now it's a NO.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Mischief_Managed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Now that I have reached 47 and have experienced skin changes, this has become my HG concealer. Stick and cream concealers are too drying and can sink into fine lines so for me this thickish liquid works best. This manages to be a bit brightening without shimmer, and has decent coverage too. I do not have serious darkness under my eyes so for me this is enough. This has a satin finish that does not stay creamy but also does not dry down to a powder finish, it perfectly walks the line and doesn't make your under eye look dry. Two clicks is enough for both eyes and it really does make you look refreshed. Highly recommended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No