April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Styling Products - LUSH - The Big Tease

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by zeaxkr

I got this because it was recommended by sales person at the Lush Store.

Pro - It smells sooo good. I'm actually using it instead of using perfume. And it does add shine to hair.

Con - I don't know what its doing style wise. I have seen no difference before-after applying this product. It definitely have no holding power. (shaping hair) Also packaging is annoying. It would be much better to have this in a tube! (not pump because when expose to air it dries..)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by kini211

Love of my life ! Smells soooo goood.. and gives my hair the perfect texture and volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonglaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't even know where to start- Im in love with the big tease, I even got my BF to switch from his stinky Joyco gel to this.Which is a bonus because the smell of big tease is a-mazing It has a citrusy scent, almost like olive branch but more fresh. Although, Im on my second jar & the scent is not consistent. They make it fresh every time and by different makers but it still smells good.
So this is the most versatile gel- I will put it on my hair while it is still wet, let it air dry & my hair turns to soft sexy waves, it looks very put together when I did nothing. Or use a curling iron after air drying & curls stay in, they're bouncy & sleek all day. Or ill style my hair- after straightening ill take a dab and apply to the ends to smooth out my layers, then take the rest to run through the length of my hair to make it more polished & tames fly-aways. It's also good for a ponytail to smooth over and again get a polished look.
The consistency of this gel is like a hybrid of moisturizer- shea butter & gel- control.
Just don't use too much- or you can look greasy monkey. Though just the right amount & you look sleek/polished like any LUSH product- a little goes a LONG way. A 3.5oz $18 jar will last me and my BF 6 months & I have hair that goes to my lower back.
But it doesn't make your hair especially Big and I cant imagine using this to tease the hair, it just doesn't give a strong enough hold- This part is misleading, but it's fun to play with, very versatile. It's a HG I hope will stay around forever.
Also- as weird as it sounds, if you apply this in the shower after your shampoo, wring your hair then apply so that it coats the hair strand well then rinse out, it makes your hair SO smooth. It's like a conditioner & it will mend your fly aways, You get a great sleek look & easy to brush out & manage hair after shower.
But moderation is key in the big tease.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Now why on Earth did they have to discontinue this? (I think it's still available in the US but waaay more expensive than the UK version)I personally don't like the smell on me because I think it's too manly, but my husband absolutely adored it. It smelled great on him (very sexy!) and was a perfect gel for his short, spiky hair. I am so bummed I can't buy this for him anymore. It's sooooo expensive in the US, so I took off one lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplvr111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this gel. It has a great smell. I used this for a tousled look to my layered hair. It also gave my hair a piece-y look to play up the bounce in my curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ZombieArmada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE the smell of this gel, and whenever I put it in I get so many compliments about how good my hair smells! I got this for Christmas and it's worked wonders. It makes my hair really shiny and not crunchy at all. I even used it to style my short hair up into a fauxhawk and even with all that applied, it still wasn't crunchy or greasy-looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

UPDATE April 12 2010: I have pretty thick hair which is frizzy. I have been using a handful of this on wet hair and then just comb through and air dry. Today several people commented on my wonderful straight hair and how great it looks. It is not sticky at all once it dries and you comb it out. Fabulous product! Way cheaper than a salon straightening treatment!

I bought this for the DH but decided to try it. It works great on wet hair! My hair is over-processed and wavy. This makes me look as if I blow dried my hair! Yay! Love the smell...kind of like Eggnog. I didn't like it on dry hair but as an after shampoo styling gel it is fabulous!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Awful awful product!! #1 thing is the scent has put me off when i first used it and it lingered around with me forever!! I had to do 3 shampoos to get this outta my hair!! I wouldn't repurchase ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by openh2o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine, straight, blond hair that's tough to make look full. Well, if I'm in a rush and the only product I use is Big Tease (besides shampoo/conditioner, of course), my hair looks great!

I usually comb and towel dry my hair, then put on the Big Tease (starting at the roots) before I blow dry. I get the best results with it when I blow dry, but if I don't, my hair dries straight as long as I comb it when it's partially dry.

If I put too much of this on at the roots, it starts flaking/congealing, so check yourself once or twice when your hair is dry to make sure you don't have any bits of product in your hair near your scalp!

I get GREAT results when I use Redken protein cream, then Big Tease and Redken Thickening Lotion and blow dry. For some reason, this combination of products does wonders for my limp locks. If I omit the protein cream, I can get by, but my hair is tough to comb later in the day. The big tease seems great for thickening and volumizing.

It's a little expensive, but if I use it every day to every other day, I can make the jar last six months. $18 for six months of full hair is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by coruscation

Got this in the BHA kit and loved it. I use it when i get out of the shower and have wet hair. I run a tiny bit through my hair and scrunch it up and my wavy hair looks amazing. Smells like a man scent to me but I love it.