September 1, 2014 | 1042 users online

Conditioner - Alberto Vo5 - Vanilla Mint conditioner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I don't wash my hair every single day it gets very greesy.

The one thing I like about this conditioner is that it detangles my hair when in need. It doesn't leave my hair as soft as I would like and that is why I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 8/31/13-
Prehaps the first bottle I purchased was a "dud" fragrance wise or my nose has changed again (it does that every few years or so). I recently repurchased and the fragrance is much, much better than I remember. I am really kind of sick of fruity/overly floral fragrances for co-washing especially in the summertime heat. I want a fresher/ cleaner fragrance and this has become THE staple of my co-washing routine. VO5 has updated the fragrance on most of thier line and I am extremely pleased. This conditioner goes on sale for .89 cents at my local grocery quite often so I stockpile at least 5 at a time. Up to 5 lippies

Original review and 3 lippies -

I have tried and tried to get into co-washing because I seriously want it to work but I can't seem to get through more than 2 days before I need a shampoo. I broke down and bought Salon Grafix cleansing conditioner which I love (and can probably go a week with it before I need a shampoo ) but don't really want to spend 8 bucks for 12 oz. I'm soooo damn cheap. Although for you WEN people this is a heck of alot cheaper and supposedly just as good.
Anyway, I went looking for a close alternative and bought this. Now, vanilla mint seems to give me better results than some of the other conditioners I have used and the results are so close to Salon Grafix (other than the fact I need a leave in with this) that I would consider just buying this. As much as I love the sent of vanilla mint in the shower, it lingers way to long in my hair and after a few hours it just doesn't smell good like it did in the shower. Its distracting. I'd rather smell the strawberries and cream or champagne kiss all day but they don't seem to "shampoo" as well as vanilla mint. The search goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by squirrelsatemyramen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great cleansing conditioner for CO. It leaves my hair very sleek, shiny, and manageable, plus it has a nice, mild smell. It does give an odd, coated feeling to my hair that can result in build-up, however.

PROS:
- Affordable
- Easy to find
- Good slip
- Adds shine and softness
- Nice, mild scent
- Great for CO
- Eliminates most frizz

NEUTRAL:
- Doesn't make my hair as fluffy as I'd like
- Thin consistency
- Mildly moisturizing

CONS:
- Not-so-natural ingredients
- Can leave build-up

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mllryjo

I am obsessed with this smell! I would buy water scented with this. It lingers nicely but not too much, and makes my shower a bit nicer.

Now, as a conditioner, it's great for what I was looking for: lightweight, mildly conditioning, no residue left behind. If you're looking for deep moisture, this is not for you. I wanted something light to detangle and not weigh my hair down. If you need deep moisture or want your hair smoothed or weighed down, you'll be disappointed.

I hope they never discontinue! And for 87 cents you really can't go wrong. If you don't like it for your hair, it makes a great shave cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by obtuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this product totally surprised me for the price. Absolutely wonderful product, left my long hair silky and manageable and smelly delicious like I went to the salon. Glad I listened the the other MUAers about this! Great product line!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by purplepaulina

Like all the Vo5 products, this works well. I have both the conditioner and shampoo. When I first opened the bottle and smelled the product, I thought it smelled lovely. Like yummy, warm, sweet vanilla. I thought I was going to love it but damn, the scent is super strong. After two hours of washing my hair with this stuff, I'm sick of the smell. It's overpowering and waaaay too sweet smelling. The next day after washing and rinsing with a different shampoo and conditioner, my hair still has a lingering scent of Vanilla Mint!! WTF?! I'm being nice in this review and only taking off one lippie because it's a good product but I can't stand the smell. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

I'm surprised I haven't written a review on this yet because I love this stuff. I own both the shampoo and conditioner of this scent, and I have to say it's probably my favorite scent of any hair product ever. If you love vanilla, you probably love the twist of this scent. I don't use this conditioner every time I wash my hair, I actually use it as a second condition when my regular conditioner doesn't get all my tangles out. My hair gets extremely tangled, so I have to comb through it in the shower. I like to use a little bit of this after I use my regular conditioner, and it's so easy to run my comb through after that. I haven't noticed any buildup or any other bad effect from this - excellent and only around $1!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by xangelinax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well..i tried to find it here in the uk, cannot find one :( i really want to try this product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by thebigtrout

I don't mind the V05 products... cheap and decent basic shampoos and conditioners, but the smell of this one is HORRIFYING! It lingers all day and was actually making me nauseous. I gave it to my young daughter who doesn't mind it, but when she hugs me, I smell and want to run away! Not a bad product, but the smell is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I usually never use any cheap products at all. It has taken me almost 3 years to grow my hair long and I would like to believe it is due to all the fancy products I used on it. Then came Vanilla Mint conditioner. My boyfriend brought it home for me bc he liked the way it smelt (he also does not get why I spend almost 30 bucks on hair products) Initially I was like "Are you kidding me" and did not use it until I ran out of my Kerastase conditioner. I fell so madly in love with this product instantly, the smell is one of the best I have ever smelled and it made my super thick, long and knotty hair very very smooth. I use this conditioner all the time now. It is an amazing product ( better than some of the high end ones I have used) and can even be purchased for .79 cents on sale!! Woo Hoo!