Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/30/2012 11:43:00 PM

Maybe I got lucky, but my tube of Midnight Cowboy distributes a nice, thick, even line of gold microglitter. This was my first UD glitter liner and it remains my HG. I wear this on weekends and nights out. During the day I use it with a simple sweep of X shadow. At night, Midnight Cowboy is awesome over any darker eyeliner for extra impact. The NYX glitter liners are much cheaper, it's true, and also excellent, but I will pay extra for a hygiene seal in my teen-infested Ulta!

on 1/31/2012 3:52:00 AM

The first product I bought from Urban Decay was one of their eyeshadow palettes, and I was so impressed I wanted to try their other products, such as Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner. When I was able to get my hands on Midnight Cowboy during a swap, I really wanted to love it but ended up really disappointed.

From previous experiences with glitter liners I knew that the glitter was going to be sparsely distributed in the clear eyeliner gel and intended as as a layered accent over other makeup. But since this is higher-priced I was expecting more glitter content out of it, and was surprised that it seemed to be less glittery than lower-priced glitter liners like NYX Liquid Crystal Liner. I tried applying layers of glitter on top of itself to see if I could intensify it, but it only ended up wiping away the previous layer. The one thing I did like about this liner is that it didn't sting my eyelids on application.

I am glad that I only received this in a swap and didn't have to pay the high retail price. I would have been much better off getting cosmetic-grade glitter and patting that onto to lip-gloss lined lids.

on 8/27/2011 11:10:00 PM

Being the sparkle psycho that I am, I bought this glitter liner because it's supposed to be super wonderful and looked awesome in Sephora...my little heart was screaming, "Must-Have Item"!!!
In reality, it's pretty good but not the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow or anything...it's expensive and takes awhile to build a line or encrust your eyelid with disco ball-like glimmer.
I also have this in Mullet and Baked, I can justify those more than the Midnight Cowboy because they are unique colors, as far glitter liners are concerned.
If I were to do it all over, I would skip this one and buy more NYX Liquid Crystal liners...those are purty AND cheap!

on 5/26/2011 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

My favourite urban decay glitter liner! Such a pretty colour i got mine in a gift set includibg midnight cow boy eyeshadow & they work really well together, if u like to wear ur glitter liner thick i would say this is hard work as it takes a while to build the glitter up! I do love it and its the only glitter liners that doesnt make my eyes itch!

on 2/5/2011 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is great! I love how it adds a pop to your everyday makeup! You can apply it very light, for a subtle glitter, or very thick and layer it for and extra WOW effect. Its overall beautiful with no fallout. It stays on pretty much all day with the primer, unless you rub your eyes a lot. COMPLETELY RECCOMEND!

on 2/5/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner was great!
It provided a dominant shimmer/glitter, which highlighted my eyes really well! It's easy to use, and it glides on quite thickly. It's quick to dry, and doesn't smudge around too much.
It's a bit difficult to wash off. Although you may have washed most of it off, there are still a few bits of glitter left on your face.

on 1/12/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product! It is more adventurous and "look at me", so if you like more natural/subtle makeup, it's a definate no-no. It's a clear gel liner with lots of light gold glitter. I like wearing it with bright warm colored eyeshadows. I admit, it takes a little longer to wash off makeup though.

on 10/1/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this for free, I would never buy this and I am pretty sure I will never use it, unless I become a Vegas showgirl. It feels itchy when you put it on, and its so shiny and very, very yellow goldy toned that I am not even sure there is a way you could mute it down or use it subtly. In order to say at least one good thing about (other than that it was free - haha) I will say this: Great for halloween!

on 6/11/2010 6:23:00 AM

i really like this product. I received this eyeliner with the Stereophonic 24/7 Set, which is the only reason i have it. This is a fun twist on eyeliner. Great for night time/club attire. But i would suggest opting for a glitter eyeshadow. Urban decay offers many glitter eyeshadows, and with the right brush they could be used as an eyeliner as well. My fav is layering oilslick eyeshadow over my black pencil eyeliner. I feel the glitter eyeshadow gives you the same effect with more dept to the lash line plus it's cheaper.

on 5/26/2010 11:57:00 AM

Received this as part of a limited edition Sephora set and think it's very pretty and fun but don't see a need to repurchase.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products