September 30, 2014 | 1128 users online

Skincare - Face - Sana - Nameraka Foaming Face Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1234

I have combination skin but it tends to be more dry during the winter months.
This is not for the winter months.

Yes, it does a good job of cleaning but it's very drying. My skin feels very tight after washing with this face wash.

I usually try to make things work with products I buy.
I've gotten in to the habit of using an oil cleanser then washing it off with this product.
It works well this way.

This is probably good for people with oily skin or teens and those in their early twenties who have acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Sk8ter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this for only 2 days but i'm impressed with it so far.
It make my face feel soft and hydrated all day.(my skin feel kind of bouncy which is great)
It gives squeaky clean feeling. It doesn't irritate, doesn't dry my skin out or give me flakes at cheek area which happened to some cleanser.
However it is too early to judge a cleanser with 2 days used . I'll try to keep posted after awhile.

Method of my application(i'm experimenting this method )
After wet face,apply this on my face
(foam up before application is recommend by brand but I'm too lazy to use bubble net and it works simply just fine)
Massage gently, add a little bit of water then massage more,to this point it'll start to foam up.
Massage a bit then wash off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

How I wish I saw this review before I bought this! This has to be the most drying product I have ever used, even dryer than soap! I thought a product that is soy milk based would be hydrating to my very dry skin. I was very wrong!

This was the first time I bought a Japanese cleanser so I was very excited. I love the packaging, I love that it is fragrance free. I wanted to love this so much and I really tried to make it work. At first I used it morning and night, then just night, then a smaller amount than a pea. I really foamed it up as much as I could with the foaming net. Everything left my skin feeling horrible. Only after 3 days, my face feels like sandpaper and looks so wrinkly, I got more breakouts and my skin is now extremely sensitive. This honestly damaged my skin. It is even too drying for my body. Honestly, Dr. Bronner's is less drying than this.

If anyone wants this, pm me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Daisy3

This is a really strong cleanser. If you are wearing a lot of makeup, this will clean everything off really well. However, it does leave the skin tight and in desperate need of moisture. It does nothing for my mild breakouts, which is a downside for me, so minus one lippie. This product also has a mild smell that makes me nauseous. Generally I'm ok with smells, but something about this one really gets to me, even though it really is mild, so that's another minus one lippie.
All in all, it's a fine cleanser for nights when you have heavy grime or makeup to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

I love this foaming cleanser and everythings in this line. I wish I found this line long time ago. I bought mine at Nijiya Japanese market in San Diego. Remove dirt,oil, and makeup very well. This foaming cleanser did what promise. Love Sana from now on. Update: 05-30-13, still love these line. My husband also love it. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by bohodo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to write a review because I saw all of the negative ones and I thought they didn't do this product justice! It's not a miracle product by any means (but really, is there such a thing?) I'm not crazy picky about my cleanser because it's only on my face for a few minutes and I just want it to clean my skin and rid it of dirt/oil/makeup. This cleanser does that and at a good price! It's gentle and does not dry out my combination skin. My face does a lot better with just a simple cleanser rather than one with acne fighting ingredients etc because my face tends to get irritated when I use those plus my acne treatments. I also try to steer clear of high end cleanser because, idk, I'm afraid my skin will get dependent on them, so I try to keep it simple. This cleanser is actually pretty popular in Japan and they all seem to have better skin than us, so I thought, hey it's cheap-- why not try it? I like it. Hasn't made my face breakout, keeps it clean, doesn't overdry, doesn't irritate it, has a luxurious foam, and is a quick clean!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by nursemike

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this product over and over because it is noncomedogenic, not drying, not oily, perfect. Simple, quality ingerediants, perfect. I wash my face 6 times a day. I look 35 at most, and I am 50. Been using this foamy cleanser for years, I keep it at home, work, and always have a spare. Good purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by superuselessgirl

Truly fragrance-free, but it left my combo-dry/sensitive skin in pain. Way too drying, and I couldn't get to my moisturizer fast enough! Passed it off to oilier family members, but they didn't seem to really enjoy it either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ScoutJ

Like this, although don't love it. As other reviewers said: can leave skin a little dry, BUT also leaves it clean feeling and doesn't irritate at all. Can use it on sunburnt skin and not feel any tingling. Will probably buy it again, just because it's non fragranced and doesn't irritate and so many of the other products on the shelves hurt my skin. But it's not an HG by any stretch of the imagination, and you definitely need moisturiser straight afterwards (like, before your skin dries).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by naicha

I bought this after really liking the Sana Nameraka Soy Milk Lotion but I ended up hating this cleanser. While it did foam into a wonderfully rich lather, it left my skin feeling uncomfortably dry and dull - as if i had washed it with soap. I really wanted it to work but I gave up after using it twice; it just made my skin feel stripped and raw.