April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by vickiim13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at my local drugstore, not knowing what to expect. I was looking for something gentle and moisturising on my slightly dry skin, without any additives, and which also didn't cost me my wallet, which is exactly what I found.
The smell, as advertised, is nonexistent. The consistency is well-balanced, not too thick - which I hate - and not too runny, so it's easy to apply. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturised, with no traces of makeup left under my eyes. Even after the first night I used this, I could feel a major difference in my skin. It felt softer and more supple, which probably linked to there being no colors, perfume or alcohol in the formula. It melts away my makeup so easily, with no residue left behind. I use it as recommended on the bottle, with a flat cotton pad or ball soaked in the milk.
As well as being a makeup remover, it also does wonders for my skin. This cheap, delicate milk cleanser is definitely something I'd recommend and repurchase time over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by StarryG121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser on my combination skin. Becoming pregnant made my skin extra sensitive and prone to becoming red really easily so I decided to try this before looking at higher end cleansers such as Clinique. I am so glad I tried this first! It has made my skin much clearer and calmed it down significantly so I don't need to wear so much makeup to cover my redness/pimples.
It melts makeup off the face easily with no need to rub - just a few swipes with a cotton pad and your face is completely clean. I apply this to my face with my fingertips and massage in, then remove using a couple of cotton pads. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation on my face which is a pretty heavy duty makeup and this cleanser removes it all with no problem. My skin feels smooth and refreshed afterwards, particularly when I use the matching toner from the same range. I will buy this again and again! Just one point though - I don't tend to use this on my eyes. I use a separate eye makeup remover for that (Olay) as I found the cleanser does sting a little if it gets into your eyes - even though it says you can use it to remove eye makeup. This minor point really doesn't concern me though, given the fab results it has had on my skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ketu86

This is meant to be for sensitive skin but it made my redness worse and made my skin sting which you wouldn't think a milk cleanser would do. It said no perfume, no alcohol and no colorants on the front and I thought great!! but then after using it I was thinking why is my skin reacting so bad to it and had a look at the ingredients and... it contains sulfates... I've used the Garnier toners before and they work fine with my skin so I had a look at their ingredient list and they don't contain sulfate like this cleanser. I will be sticking to Oil of Olay milk cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SiennaWu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. I have normal to dry skin that reacts to products containing fragrances. I also wear makeup daily and found there were few products I could use to remove makeup thoroughly that didn't cost the earth!
Garnier ticks all the boxes for me, its fragrance free, not too thick in consistency and reasonably priced. I used to use Simple products, which are still brilliant, but their cleaser is a cream and incredibly thick.
When cleaning my face, my usual routine is to use cotton pads to remove the milk. I do find I need to use cetaphil to get rid of the last traces of milk, but if your skin is very dry you could probably skip that step. A little of this product goes a long way too, obviously, if you're wearing heavier makup you just apply more.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by kateness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never tried a Milk cleanser before, and considering this came in a pack with both ultralift creams I felt it was a risk free chance to try one. I was wrong there is a risk no where on this product is there a warning saying keep away from eyes, it actually states to use it to remove makeup from face, eyes and neck. If you get this in your eye it is very painful, on top of that im not sure its very good at removing makeup at all. I feel as if I am adding another product to my skin rather then cleaning my skin. I would not suggest use of this product for makeup removal you will just have to wash your face again to remove it anyways. I am going to try and make the most out of this product as it has a nice fragrance and the texture and feeling on the face is quite nice. I think its better suited to a quick morning cleanse rather then a night time dirt of the day removing deep cleanse.

I used this following the directions I soaked a cotton pad and cleaned my face, Is this the right way to use a milk cleanser? perhaps im just not use to cleansers that dont require water and some form of foaming.

If I used this product correctly it is really wrongly labelled as it does none of the things it claims. We will see how it goes for a morning cleanse when I have no product on my face, I think it could be quite quick and a more appropriate use for the product. Although I will still be using a toner as I feel like it leaves a residue or a film on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by timeless54

This is my first cleanser so I cannot give much opinions on this product from my experiences but I am pretty okay with this. This doesn't break me out, it's really gentle and it doesn't have a heavy fragrance that the usual Garnier products have. I don't use a lot of make up but I use it to clean the dirt and germs etc before I go to bed follow by my moisturizer. It helps to control my blackheads, not too well but definitely an improvement. Definitely a really decent product as far as I know and I might repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by sandy09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Totally broke me out after a little over a week using this! My skin was pretty clear before I started using this to remove my Lucy Mineral make up at the end of the day. Within days I noticed tiny white bumps forming under my skin and by the end of the week my face was getting spotty and inflammed, even after washing my face with another cleanser afterwards. This was the only new product I introduced to my normal skincare routine, so it had to be the culprit. My skin is improving already after only 3 days of not using this product. Would not recommend for acne prone skin at all...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I'm surprised by the negative feedback here... I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I really like this! I hate oil-based makeup removers and one day I ran into this by chance and I've been using it since.

This is what I do: I slightly dampen a cotton pad with water and put this 'milk' on and then even it out a little bit. Next I press it against my eye lid for ~5 seconds, then *gently* rub away. Repeat a few times or use a cotton tip to remove all the makeup residues. Lastly I turn the cotton pad around, put some more 'milk' on and wipe away my foundation. Then I use a foaming face wash to rid the 'milk' and my face is allll clean :)

I also have this in the wipes packaged in the foil for traveling (or after a night out then I just go to sleep after rinsing off with water :P).

I highly recommend this, just remember to be gentle when you remove makeup, you don't want to create wrinkles! (I was once at Body Shop the lady was removing my concealer so she could try a product on, and geeez she almost scrubbed my skin off with a cotton pad! I don't know how she can work there!)

One more thing! This doesn't remove waterproof mascara (Cover Girl lash blast mascara I'm pointing at you)... I usually have to repeat the wipes and face wash a couple times.. 2 min extra work, hence 1 lippie off

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by iulianamaxim

I really didn't feel comfortable with this cleansing milk on my face!!
First of all, it doesn't really clean the pores deeply or takes off all the makeup. I need to use additional cleansing product after.
Secondly, my skin feels a little bit dry after i use it.
One thing which i like is that is pretty cheap for a cleansing milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Fit

This cleans well but it it feels like ice cubes, especially on first contact so I dread using it. I love the toner that follows this but haven't made up my mind whether to repurchase this cleanser due to the icy feeling it gives me. I'm nearly finished the bottle and have to make up my mind whether to repurchase or try another cleanser. It does seem to be helping diminish blackheads which is a plus.