Lancome Color Fever Plumping Gloss - Curvy

3.0

on 5/19/2009 6:06:00 PM

I love color fever gloss in the color "hotness", and I've been looking for a coral colored gloss for summer, but unfortunately this was a disappointment. I expected it to be brighter and it was just, blah. Probably just not the right match for my skin tone or the shade I was expecting. Color fever glosses in general though are nice- I love the texture and the pretty tube with the unusual but effective applicator brush.

on 1/4/2008 9:36:00 PM

This product is nice but not necessarily $28 USD nice. Even though Lancome is good quality and somewhat expensive, I was still surprised by the price. But, I like the regular Color Fever glosses and I like "lip plumper" formulas, so I was excited about the concept. If I had purchased this off Ebay for $11, I would say this product is very good. For almost $30, I will just say it is good/OK. The gloss is typical of the "regular" color fever glosses-- nice applicator, strong scent and medium weight/coverage with decent moisturizing. The color "Curvy" is quite nice when applied, it's a neutral apricot/coral that is not too bright (but has color) and is shiny (but not sparkly). It is a nice color even for work and goes well with a natural or defined eye. The immediate plumping factor to me seems minimal at best. There is some tingle and moisturization, but like the regular color fever glosses, I think it is the gloss itself that tries to make lips appear fuller. I have not used this more than one day, so I cannot comment about longer-term plumping. I like this color better than the Sunbaked Coral that I tried (this one is actually more coral-like) but I may layer the Sunbaked Coral over Curvy to get a little sparkle and see how that looks, too.