July 30, 2014 | 1249 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Royal Jelly Eye Cream [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by reviews2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not work for me. It is not irritating or drying but not anti age at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I wouldn't even call this a cream. It's really just shea butter and beeswax in a tiny jar. I have dry skin under my eyes and fine lines. This didn't do anything for my skin except sit there and give me milia.

As for the tiny jar, it's not packaged as shown in the profile picture above. It's been repackaged into a teeny little jar that is hard to use. You really have to jam your finger in there or get a small spatula to get the product out.

It does make a half decent cuticle cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by boysavesworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I consider this eye cream pretty pricy for a drugstore product. I found this at a local organic market.

I was so excited to try this little guy! It looked so cute in the adorable little jar. It's extremely waxy feeling, meaning there is tug when you're applying it. Another downside is the fact it kind of feels like it's just sitting on your eye area.

With that said, it did end up causing pretty bad eye milia for me. This is probably much more suitable for very, very dry eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by anakiya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not been using this product very long but I'm already really enjoying it. I have dry skin and a few fine lines under my eyes as well as swelling due to allergies which last all year. I apply this eye cream only at night because it makes my makeup run during the day. When I wake up in the morning the skin under my eyes feels smooth and very well moisturized. In the morning I apply a different product under my eyes. I see an improvement and the swelling is somewhat diminished.

My eyes are my best feature but because of the swelling they can also be my worst feature on my face. I always felt so self conscious about them. Now I barely notice it. I am looking forward to more improvements.

Recently I found a different use for the product. I live in the north east and in the winter my lips get very dry and chapped. recently in a panic I applied it as a lip balm and it worked great. Because of the consistency my hair does not stick to my lips when it's getting blown around by the wind and my lips feel extremely moisturized and ready for lipstick application. When wearing lipstick, make sure you give the balm a few minutes to dry or it may cause the lipstick to bleed.

I will absolutely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ashton

I can't believe the bad reviews on this eye cream! I'm an eye cream junkie and this is by far my favorite. It isn't expensive and the pot will last you a long time. When I wake up in the morning my eyes still feel soft, moisturized and look refreshed. I find that a lot of the gel based creams don't absorb very well and my eyes still feel dry the next day. This however, makes my eyes feel amazing all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by janathelamb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you look up royal jelly it seems like it has some great properties about it that would be great for your eye, although I don't know if there is any scientific evidence for this. Royal jelly is what young bees grow in and the queen bee stays in the jelly extra long apparently.
Anyway, the stuff is rather greasy and thick but when I put it on at night and sleep with it, I wake up to a beautiful fresh looking eye area. You don't need to apply a lot at all. A little goes a long way. My boyfriend does say that it smells weird but I don't care, I think it smells fine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Love the jar and the fact is contains royal jelly. And generally being a fan of Burt's Bees I decided to try this one.
It's creamy-waxy. I would apply it under my eyes. I find that it moisturized and hydrated really well. If I slept with a fresh application, though, it would make my eyes so puffy by morning!!
I won't repurchase because it doesn't have any curative effect- it won't erase fine lines or diminish puffiness/dark circles. So it's a *great* under-eye moisturizer but that's where the benefits end.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No, just no. I wish I loved this as much as everyone else, but all I can say is this is one of the worst eye creams of the massive collection of eye creams I have. My faves are still Erno Laszlo Ocu-Phel and Biotherm Rides Repair Nuit, but if you want a far superior (and even cheaper) counterpart to this, try Boots Super Balm from Target. This Burt's Bees cream boasts some impressively botanical-sounding ingredients, but it's hard in the jar, and it's hard to spread. The last thing I want to do is tug on eye skin. It doesn't pat in well enough either. Like the Boots, you have to soften it on your fingertips first--but the Boots gives an immediate plumping effect and soaks in well enough with patting that I can apply concealer over it. This? No discernable effect. I only don't give it one lippie because it did no actual harm.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cyndilou07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have very oily eyelids you probably won't like this, but I have what I consider to be pretty normal skin and I think it is wonderful. It is however, only a night cream for me because yes, it is very greasy and shiny and there is no way you could use it underneath makeup. But! When I wear it a night, I wake up in the morning with the softest smoothest brightest, most refreshed looking eye area! I have tried several other creams and this is the best. The price is more than the cheap stuff full of chemicals you can get at a drugstore, but very good compared to pricey stuff from stores like Sephora, even compared to other natural brands at Whole Foods, especially considering that it lasts a long time because it you only need to use very little dabs. The packaging is nice, a secure little pot, the cream is too thick for a pump. Because it is so thick, it is a little time consuming to apply, you can't just slap it on if you don't want major tugging, you have to carefully and gently spread it on. But this is completely worth it the next morning when my eyes look so nice!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sunshineflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dark eye circles and lines under my eye (I suspect its from dehydration). Anyways this eye cream didn't help me with any of that. Its really oily so not too good for day time use. Like others said it makes a good lip balm but eye cream? not so much. Not recommended.