February 1, 2015 | 2264 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Aloe Protective & Restorative Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 2:04:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very affordable, soothing and really rich. This mask is fantastic!! I picked this up near the counter as a last minute grab because they were running a 'buy 4 get 40% off your entire purchase' promotion and i was short 1 item. This mask sells for $22 CAD (on sale now for $13.20) and comes in a small shallow tub like their body butters. Not ideal packaging for sure, I would rather have the mask come out of a tube instead. But what really separates this mask from other moisture masks is the short time commitment required. 20-40 minutes and your face looks dramatically brighter and completely revitalized. Its main ingredients are aloe and sesame oil and is ideal for sensitive, distressed dry winter skin. In comparison, to get the same impact from Aveda's Intensive Hydrating Mask ($36 CAD) I need to leave the mask on for almost 3 hours, or I leave Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask ($29 CAD) on overnight to achieve the same results. I hate winter, can't wait for longer days, sleeping without a humidifier and normal human skin again in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

My skin is really sensitive with frequent breakouts but can get very dry and dyhydrated at times. I have a number of face masks which seems to have made it worst due to the high content of fragrances or too many different chemicals. But with this i can see an improvement immediately after 1 use. Skin gets plumbed, becomes visbily smoother. And most incredible of all is that the big pores beside my nose shrinks alot. So happy to finally find something that can help my skin instantly when it gets dry or congested for allergies, hormones or stress. I suggest people that are prone to break outs to wash this mask off instead of leaving it on overnight. I tried it and it gave me a few white heads so for me 10-15 mins is all i need, don't over do it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very hydrating product, perfect for Winter & very dry climates.

As instructed by a staff, this product is a mask you leave on for 10 minutes or so then rub into the skin & then you're set.

The consistency is nearly a thin but creamy type of mask with a strong scent (something like a bark off a tree is how I smell it, almost like the same result if you smell peppermint oil).

It feels rather refreshing on my skin and definitely nourish any dry areas/patches that I have on my face.

I often use this almost everyday. Sometimes twice a day, one right before my makeup (foundation) routine to sooth any dry patches and usually before bed.

Be warn, this does not shrink pores & can make them appear clog or bigger. I suggest you apply a toner either before or after the mask.

If I could state one flaw with this product, it would be the overpowering scent but other than that, I'm a fan & will continue to purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MissmeganA

I actually bought this for my mom (she has sensitive skin) and ended up borrowing it and liking it, and then bought myself my own container :)
I like how you don't have to wash this mask off. I have combo skin that gets very dry in some spots especially in the winter so I can't be washing my face all the time and drying my skin out more. This mask helps with the dryness and flaky skin. It is very moisturizing and soothing. I wouldn't use this more than once a week though unless your skin is extremely dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by tinarae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this product but I really liked it. It really did soothe my sensitive skin, and didnt make my face oily after I washed it off like some moisturizing masks do. My skin just felt silky smooth, and looked more radiant after. Now it didnt make my skin a ton more radiant than before so if that is what your looking for look for something else, this is mainly for sensitive skin or skin that needs some calming, soothing relief!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by multichromatic

This product surprised me. I got it as a gift from someone and wasn't expecting it to make my skin look glow, but it did. So the story is - one day I had accidentally used a face scrub that had some propanediol (ethanol, i think) and it made my skin feel tight and uncomfortable but still very oily. i was frustrated and ended up trying this mask without expecting this to come out of it but after one use, I can see that my skin looks visibly different. I like this a lot and I'll be using it a lot more now during S.O.S. situations!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by delirious

This mask is my go to every winter! As the cold weather approach, my skin would be extra dry and even start flaking. After applying this mask on, my face feels fairly moisturized. Absolutely does its job and restore but not so much protect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I find this mask fairly moisturising but not particularly soothing on my skin. It has a texture of cream and absorbs pretty well. When my skin was extremely irritated and I used it to try soothe it, it didn't really work. I actually saw my skin go slightly red within the actual line where the mask was applied. Now I mainly use in on my normal skin as a moisturising mask. I think the tub will last a while but I don't think I will repurchase. I noticed that in winter some kind of crystals formed in the mask and were actually scratchy on the skin too (maybe it was due to cooler temperature)

I don't think I will buy this again. I would rather spend the same amount on their honey & oat mask that I absolutely adore!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the fact it is fragrance free and has aloe... I use about 5 different items from this Aloe line... So far i really like it this as a Mask. I have tried many expensive and cheap different types of Masks. This one is great b/c you don't wash off!I have normal skin and i do not like harsh or oily Masks.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by aquajeeling

I find body shop masks - break me out.
This mask does nothing for me really... won't buy again.
2 masks I bought from Body Shop are sitting there in my bathroom cabinet untouched for such a long time. I won't purchase any mask from them anymore.