December 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this program. I live in Hawaii and the associate at the pearlridge Mac store told me that if there wasn't a metal pan in the eyeshadow pot, they do not consider that as part of back 2 Mac. She told me it was because a bunch of fake Mac products were being distributed so they require the pan to be in the pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Chantal013

Say there are some eye shadows, expired foundation, lipsticks from Mac that aren't empty but that you no longer use... Do those count too? Or do they have to be used/empty?

Thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by AnneSophieP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the idea but I'm so sad they don't do this in the Belgian mac stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by princesssjessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been "back-2-mac"ing for years and am ecstatic every time I accumulate six empty products. Just an fyi, empty makeup wipe containers and DUO lash glue from MAC can also be recycled!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

I love this reward program!!! I think all cosmetic companies had something like this. Why shouldn't we be rewarded or compensated for showing loyalty to a specific company. It's customer appreciation in my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

No qualms about this at all! I'm an addict for their transparent finishing powder so I've collected a few empty pots over the years and exchanged 6 of them for 1 lippie of my choice. I recycle empty containers anyways, but this is just icing on the cake :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

I'm going to try the recycling program through the mail for the first time. Thanks for letting me know. Idk how to edit my previous post or reply to it. I'm excited! I have a ton of recyclables.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by pembrokee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mac has been doing this for atleast 15 years. And, I really enjoy that they do it. I have about 10 old Urban Decay token cases, hoping they will also do it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Deedianne

Great program! I mean can anyone complain about a freebie? Also for the people who are annoyed at mac for not accepting eyeshadow pots without their pans I agree it should be consistent where every mac counter either accepts it depotted or not. Its quite bias really, if the Mua is having a good day and likes you she's more likely to let you get away with it. Well best chances is to go with full packaging that way you'll be sure to get your freebie

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by AWESOMEASH824

Apparently they have a new policy that you can no longer exhange the pro-palette eye shadow pans (even if they have the sticker/label on the bottom). The lady at the counter read me the policy from her binder today when I tried to exchange them. Boo MAC. At least send out a notice to your faithful email subscribers/online purchasers and give them a heads up.