November 24, 2014 | 1713 users online

Skincare - Face - Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Aacuna424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product back in June and have used it every day as a part of my daily beauty routine. Within the first two weeks I had some really bad break outs! Sometimes trying out new products gives me tiny ones but this one was intense! I powered through it and wanted to see what using a whole bottle resulted it and so far I haven't noticed a huge difference :( I hear vitamin c serums really help with anti aging so I'm going to try the Mario badescu one next. Anyone else know of the best serum? Dying to know :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by trae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

guys, i've only been using this for a week, and i can already see the difference. pores are tighter, skin is brighter and the tone more even. that said, haven't noticed any change at all in wrinkles/lines - but again, its only been a week.

i use it once a day at night, so i'm not concerned with how it acts under make-up. it goes on a bit slimy, but it soaks into my dry skin easily.

as the harsh winter rolls in, i'll have to see how dry my skin is using this product. but i'd still use it, but perhaps every second night instead of every night.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by JALT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as part of the 3 Little Wonders kit and I think it's just okay. It has a nice, light orange scent and is slightly tacky after application--I let it sit while I brush my teeth and then apply my moisturizer over top. Most days, I do not see any effects with this serum. However, and I know this is weirdly specific, but when I use it while I'm hungover, it makes me look AMAZING. I am not sure why because it doesn't have any effect on other days when I'm really tired, but it makes my skin look brighter and more awake only when I'm hungover. This is the first serum I've tried long-term and I won't re-purchase it just because I can only see the effect on specific days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I don't think I have tried an Ole Henriksen product I disliked. What originally won me over was the CC cream; I generally find the entire BB/CC/DD cream trend extremely gimmicky and annoying. That was one of the first and only of its genre to actually do what it claims. From then on, I have tried more and more OH products and have never been disappointed. This is merely a serum, which claims to boost collagen production and brighten complexion. I will say it definitely has a tightening (sticky?) effect when applying to the skin, and definitely improves/brightens my skin overall. The scent smells citrus/orange-y, as most of OH's products containing vitamin C do. This is not a must-have product for me, but I would gladly repurchase and plan on experimenting with more OH products in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by piasab

Really good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by depew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The unfortunate part about serums like this is that it's hard to prove a lack of damage. However, I do think a serum is an important part of a skincare routine and this one so far is non-irritating, smells nicely like citrus, has a good texture, and isn't too expensive for a vitamin C serum. The only real effect it has is to kind of subtly brighten everything up and I notice that when I don't use it my skin doesn't have as nice a texture as it usually does (if that makes sense).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by addictedx2u

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this serum. I have super sensitive skin and this was one of the rare products that did not make me break out. I use it as my night serum before applying my other products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This came in the Three Little Wonders kit I got from Sephora. I only need a little bit and I use it in the morning before applying my facial sunscreen. It seems to help with brightening in some areas and when used sparingly, it isn't too sticky. It has a pleasant scent. I am pretty sure there are better vitamin C serums out there but this is nice to use. It hasn't broken me out and doesn't clog my pores. It does dry quickly though so I have to be fast when it comes to spreading it on my face and neck. On its own it is pretty pricey so I do recommend trying the kit to get a sense of the line.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It definitely has a firming effect but I do need to moisturise immediately because my face feels taut and dry.

Unfortunately there is no glow for me. Bizarrely enough my face is getting... Orange. This is the only new product I'm using. And now my face doesn't match my neck or ears. It's not even a healthy tan but more like I haven't washed my face in weeks look.

Very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This has helped brighten my skin in a few months. Some of my dark spots have faded. I do think this product is good. But, about a month after that my results came to a hault and I think my bottle isn't good anymore and lost effectiveness due to the packaging/clear bottle. So I do like the product but I don't like the price for it to last such a short amount of time.