Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price, this is a decent product. I like to pick up the 3 Little Wonders set if I run out of my skincare products while traveling. The "collagen booster" works to some extent, improving texture in areas of concern and I did notice a very subtle lightening effect on sun-induced melanin freckles. I certainly feel dry if I don't use this with a moisturizer over it, which makes the whole process a little thicker than I would prefer. My skin also does feel a bit sensitive when I first apply the gel-ish serum. It is decently functional though, and moderately priced.

I liked it at first but it broke me out into small white bumps :(

on 6/5/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just ordered my third bottle of this serum. I first tried the smaller size, the 1 oz, and I liked it so much that after that I ordered the bigger 1.7 oz size. The bottle lasts for quite awhile, and I use two pumps, and I can get my whole face, neck, and decollete area with that amount. You do have to work it over your skin pretty quickly because it does absorb quickly. I love the scent, it's citrusy, just like you would imagine due to the color of the serum itself. It makes my skin clear and bright. I love that it boosts collagen production, because I am nearing 40. I wash my face first, right now I'm using a cleanser from Fresh, then I put on this serum, then my eye cream, then my night cream, and I am good to go. I am very happy with this serum and recommend it to anyone looking for a good serum to brighten their skin and to boost collagen production. The 1.7 oz is selling for around $68 on Amazon right now, and the price for the same size on Sephora is $72. Good luck, thank you for reading my review, I hope it was helpful.

on 5/7/2015 10:18:00 AM

I really want to believe that after using this serum I can see a subtle brightness added to my skin. But that might just be wishful thinking because it's really subtle. Other than that it absorbs quickly, is light weight and I find the smell pleasant. It just costs a lot for only achieving a subtle questionable brightness. I've run out and I don't have any plans for repurchasing currently, but maybe my skin will be noticeably duller. Then I would repurchase.

on 5/2/2015 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to like this product; it is natural, smells great, goes on nicely. The pump in the bottle works well. However, there was no effect. I was looking for something that felt moisturizing to my skin, but it just felt like it sat on top and didn't absorb. I tried the big bottle of it and I found no difference in my skin at all. I have combination skin, it didn't break me out, but it also didn't clear up any dry spots that I did have.

on 4/29/2015 11:51:00 PM

I bought this in a sample trio at sephora. I couldn't tell you if this worked or not. I saw no difference in my skin whatsoever. I'm looking for a regime that will make my skin look good without makeup and this wasn't it. I didn't break out or anything negative, just nothing innately positive either. I will not buy this again.

on 4/6/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hmm, I feel this serum is just average. It doesn't do anything for my skin and its smell is bordering on offensive. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I recently chose a deluxe sized sample of this serum for my 100 point beauty inside reward from Sephora. In the past, I have typically become irritated and/or broken out from most of the vitamin C serums I tried, however, I spend a lot of time outside in the sun so my skin can definitely benefit from the benefits of a topical vitamin C serum. I decided to try this out because of the popularity and great reviews.

I have used this for a few weeks now, and I have not become irritated or broken out. It feels very gentle and doesn't sting when I apply it. Overall, my skin looks healthier, clearer, brighter and more radiant. It is not greasy, sticky or heavy. The scent is kind of like an almost artificial, sickeningly sweet orange syrup, but it doesn't bother me very much and it doesn't linger. I will continue using this to maintain the "glow" it gives my skin.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got this as a 100 point sample from sephora (honestly, all my high end skincare products are samples) and I really love the smell and it sinks in quickly. :D My skin is sensitive to fragrance but this is absolutely fine, actually it seems to be making my skin better. I'm still debating on whether or not to buy the full size.

on 3/4/2015 8:42:00 PM

It seems like most products with Vitamin C as a main ingredient makes my skin itch here and there upon initial use. It is an ingredient I really want to include in my skincare regimen for brighter skin, so I just deal with it. As long as it doesnít ruin it, like cause acne or marks, or continue for more than a few days.

This product was part of a gift set I got on sale after the holidays from JCPenneyís Sephora. The booster has a citrus scent, but itís not as strong as some other Vitamin C products do. Itís a great wake-me-up in the mornings (which is the only time I use this product). One pump is only enough for both cheeks and a little bit on my forehead, two pumps for entire face. Itís has almost an oil-like consistency, but not sticky and Iíve never had any issues with my face feeling oily after using this product. It absorbs into the skin fairly quickly & adds a little additional moisturize to my skin.

This review might seem pretty short & perhaps useless, but Iím trying to keep track of things Iíve tested and worth re-purchasing or not. I most likely wonít be repurchasing this after I finish the bottle. It was one of those products that I didnít have an ďa-ha!Ē moment with after a few uses. Perhaps an edited review may happen if I stop using it and notice my skin isnít as supple or bright, but right now, itís just OK. For $48 regular price at Sephora, there might be something better out there.

Popular Face Skincare Products