April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Skincare - Face - Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by tbraun

Been using MUA for a few years to find the best products out there and I finally have...this is my first review because up until now I had not found anything worth posting about...I love this line of products and this one especially...I have combo skin and very very sensitive to everything! This doesn't break me out at all and it has been helping with my fine lines I'm starting to finally get at the great age of 40! It's a little sticky when first put on but soaks in quickly and feels like I have nothing on...Love it and will keep purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a deluxe sample of this in a beauty tube and used it for a few weeks. This stuff works immediately on me. I have normal skin, over 60 and it has a few dry patches on the neck and cheeks. I noticed I was smooth and a better color (even?) in a few days. The scent is light, like oranges. I had no breakouts (for example, CoQ cream does that to me every time.) The only issue I had was the sample pump refused to stay screwed down,so it's useless in a travel bag. I definitely would (and did) rebuy this. It does exactly what a serum should do--smooth out the skin and make it look more even toned.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by LittleGreenie

Applying this stuff felt nice -- but it came with an Ole Henriksen oil that smelled like fish and left my skin tinted yellow. Nevertheless, since I got the sample in a pair from Sephora (they both leaked everywhere), I used them together three nights in a row -- and ended up with painful pimples in several places on my face (and I am prone to occasional cystic acne, but never more than one spot at a time: now I have 6). At first I thought it was stress but the uncharacteristic *pain* of the pimples led me to reason back to this (pair of) products. Hope others with a similar experience will find comfort in camaraderie!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by chemyst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to love the Avon Anew clinical deep crease concentrate. I have such weird skin that a lot of the anti-aging creams just set off the acne like no ones business. Even just using it on lines would result in huge painful breakouts. Not the Anew,(may it RIP) and not this, which seems to me like the closest thing I've found to it.
I just got a big sample of this from Sephora a few weeks ago and can alaready see the difference. Plus it will last for months at the rate I use it just focusing on the lines.
It is light and has a fair amount of 'slip'. I don't like the dimethicone, but sinec my skin isn't complaining, I'm not either.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by bbshopper

I bought this in a 3 pc truth set, eye cream made my eyes water, the cream was too smelly, and the serum, the reason i bought the set, how disappointing! I tried sat, sun, mon, tues, wed and thursday night. I know not long enough to see results but every morning, no fail i wake up with little ripe white heads. These products are the only changes i made in my regime. I have hormonal cystic type acne on my chin, not pussy white heads all over my cheeks and nose.

Im going back to the medi spa for 20%c in pro derm c b/w. I dont expect miracles for my aging, melasma splattered face but save your money on this ole stuff....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by gobecky

I had a generous sample from sephora. I've used it 3-4x with weeks in between and each time I get a few pimples. Horrible. I rarely ever break out, and never on the chin. I know it was this sticky, slimy product. It seems to sit on the skin and do nothing for me. Sad. Went straight to the trash bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Elizabethwright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. It makes your face feel instantly fresh and it does keep it nice and plump, even in the winter time. I use this every morning after cleanser and hydrating toner, and it makes my skin so soft and even. I have pretty sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lexluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I live for this stuff! It really is amazing. I have super sensitive skin, I can break out really easily and haven't had any problems with this serum. I've been using it for about 8 months and have had no negative reactions. I truly believe this makes my skin more radiant. It feels less dull and I do get compliments! It might not be for everyone since it is orange scented. If you just bought this, I would suggest giving it some time. It doesn’t work overnight, but I honestly believe it works. A little goes a long way. I use a pump at night along with the African red tea foaming cleanser and sheer transformation cream. Love Ole products!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've never, ever put a new product on my face and woken up with a million zits...
until now.
I'm not 100% sure that this is what caused my massive breakout, but I've even got a bunch of tiny inflamed bumps on my forehead. And I haven't had a zit on my forehead since I was fifteen.
My cheeks are covered in tiny red pimples as well as normal regular pimples (NOT the painful, deep cystic hormonal acne I am prone to.) I have probably 30 of them on my face right now.

I hate when people post reviews like this--it doesn't necessarily reflect badly on the product, it just didn't work with my skin. It's not you, Truth Serum, it's me. But I thought I'd post this anyway since this has never happened to me before--maybe there's some ingredient in here that's known to cause acne.

In any case, my dark spots as dark as ever, but my skin sure is soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have tried two other C serums in the past, fisrt was Avons Anew which I used years ago. I loved it but it was a bit pricey for Avon. Just recently I had picked up Lumene from Walgreens on clearance, it was slightly less effective than Anew, but since it was on clearance it was dirt cheap, but I also can no longer buy it. As I enter my mid thirties I decided to take my skincare routine more seriously. I started a routine at 21, but it was just cleanser, SPF for day, and usually a light moisturizer in the PM. My skin has been looking a little dull, and I have developed under eye circles. Yes this is pricey, espcially for someone like myself who has only used drugstore skincare products. I look at it as an investment in myself. I like the texture of this a lot better than Lumene as this does not leave a sticky/tacky feeling on my face It has a very pronounced fragrance like most Ole products so that might be something to consider if you are sensitive to such things. After several days of use my skin is smoother and brighter. Thus far no irritation either.