October 26, 2014 | 1025 users online

Foundations - Almay - TLC Truly Lasting Color

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I love this foundation except the color range. I use the beige which is too dark but has the right undertone. If I don't mind having my face a darker color, I'll use this, and it does last about 10 hrs for me- that's with a powder and no primer. Sometimes I mix it with urban decay naked skin foundation and the color ends up perfect! However, in mixing these two foundations the wear is only 8 hrs. I'll probably keep mixing the two or experimenting with the other almay tlc colors to make my perfect match. I still recommend it for the pice and quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this shade in "Buff".
Overall, this foundation really does last quite some time. The only issue I have with it, is that it makes my skin look a little dull. This shade definitely leans more towards the yellow side too. Its really not a bad foundation, and it did not break me out at all which is awesome.

I just wish it had a more dewy/luminous finish, then it would be almost perfect. I am going to try and mix a little bit of highlighter/illuminate in it and see if that helps, but I'd rather just have one foundation perform in every area.

The packaging is great, love the pump. And.. if you catch a good sale, the price is okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by missygarcia1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please make more darker colors. I love the coverage not to thick. Great for my oily skin. The reason why I didn't give it a five stars I need a darker color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- FINALLY. a drugstore foundation that matches my skin
- looks incredibly natural when I put it on
- dries to a satin finish
- lightweight
- keeps my skin feeling oil-free
-- I have oily combination skin
--- my t-zone gets pretty oily
-- I only put powder on my t-zone and chin
--- after 11 hours, my nose only got a little bit oily
- after oxidizing, there is almost no color change
- although I only put powder on my t-zone and chin, the foundation stayed put on my cheeks
-- it does not transfer at all
- medium coverage that is buildable
-- great for everyday use

Cons:
None!~

I use this as my daily foundation. I don't want to cover up my imperfections completely, but I want to even out my skin tone. This foundation does exactly that; it covers up any redness I have but still lets my skin show through. A little also goes a long way with this product; I only dispense two drops that are about the size of a q-tip bud. This is my HG foundation!~

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

- Perfect color match for me
- Great coverage
- Did not break me out
- Affordable

Cons:
- Started to cake up after a few hours
- Settled into my pores
- VERY difficult to blend
- Isn't buildable

Final Thoughts:

I managed to make this foundation work with a lot of effort (after trying with fingers and a brush, I was finally pleased with the beauty blender) but I don't want to spend that long trying to make my foundation look decent--ESPECIALLY if it starts to cake up after a few hours. However, given all the positive reviews for this foundation, I suppose it might just be my skin type. Positively, the coverage and color match was great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by roxyower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohhhhhhh yesss!! Bought this after reading some reviews here! I work 9 hour days and go to the gym afterwards so I want something that will last allllll day. I was using rimmel stay matte and that was working great but looked a little too heavy and didn't last quite as long as I wanted. Then I used covergirl 3 in 1 and that lasted a little bit longer but didn't look good on my skin at all and accentuated my pores but I just stuck with it.. Then I got this foundation and WOW let me tell you, I'm in love. I apply with real techniques damp sponge and it blends sooo much better than covergirl 3 in 1 and manages to cover beautifully without looking Cakey or that fake. It feels lighter and looks lighter but covers great. But the best best part is that it lasts me alllll dayyyy longggg. 730 am to 930 pm I'll have this stuff on and it's no problem at all. I seriously don't even have to powder at all if I don't want. Blot a little but it stays looking so great! I'm so so so so in love and happyy:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by munchkin123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best foundation that I've ever used. I wear this in buff and it matches my skin perfectly all year round. It's so easy to apply with your fingers or brush without it streaking or caking.
Although it is a long wearing formula I find that it has a very light texture similar to wearing nothing, which makes it perfect for building coverage. One layer will give you medium coverage and two should give you full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by CatherineElizabeth90

have bought this several times now and will continue to repurchase. I have acne prone skin and i find this foundation is the best in terms of prevention :) while it can transfer to clothing a little, it does well and truly last throughout the day, isn't shiny or oily looking, it has good packaging and is good value for money :) is my default go to foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this foundation quite a lot whilst going through university, when I thought my makeup collection was at it's best and when I took more time applying it. I'm a drug store makeup girl (mostly) but I have tried some high end brands from Sephora recently. I had luck with the higher end brands, certainly, and the coverage was incredible but I found they oxidized on me. And that is my problem with a LOT of foundations, in general - Turning that awful orange mask-y colour. I had a bit of a love affair with Garnier's BB Cream recently, and I loved the coverage/finish of that but - again - too dark, too orange-y by the end of the day, and I also became quite oily (not unexpected but I knew I could do better). I've tried Maybelline's Superstay foundation in recent months (oxidized), and Cover Girl's 3 in 1 Foundation, too (not bad, the colour was good but I would get oily).

Anyway, it was inevitable I would come back to this, I guess. Almay is more expensive than those brands by about ten dollars where I shop, but it was time. It is kind of sticky like I remember it to be, but I'm such an oily person that I don't find it hinders my application at all. The coverage is less than I remember, but I'm okay with that because I didn't want something too full in the summertime. It's nice coverage, natural, but covers my dark spots, acne, and acne scars without too much product. It lasts long, I don't get very oily, it does NOT oxidize (Buff matches me quite perfectly), and my skin in general just looks better whilst, and even AFTER wearing it. My pores are smaller, I'm less oily, and my overall complexion while wearing this foundation is just so nice. Not too matte, not too dry, just a nice, natural, but serious coverage. I am RELIEVED to be using it again, if I'm quite honest. I've used L'Oreal's Infallible in the past, and I found it rubbed off high traffic areas of my face quite easily (around the mouth/chin), but Almay's TLC stays put and treats my skin well. So glad I came back to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Zagliadod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of my skin is rough and dry, and I am very easily irritated and broken out. I am still looking for a great foundation, but am using this in the mean time. It has good coverage and is gentle on my face, which is a rarity. The problems I have with it are that it is a bit sticky and can be hard to apply smoothly, and that it dries a bit chalky on my already dehydrated skin. It would probably be very nice on normal or maybe even slightly oily skin.