November 27, 2014 | 1355 users online

Foundations - Almay - TLC Truly Lasting Color

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by gorjis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Decent but not great. Limited shades. I got Sand and makes my yellow-tan tone look dull and flat. Best for fair skin tones. Lives up to its long lasting claim! didn't budge or look shiny and my skin is fairly oily. But I found it VERY DRYING! My skin felt tight all day and I couldn't wait to take it off! Its probably best used in the summer humid months. I only used it once then returned it so I don't know if it causes breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Aktn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably the WORST make up I have EVER used. I have never had any problems with acne (and I'm 28!!) before using this foundation. It completely RUINED my skin. Dried it out, cause me to break out, made my skin flaky and GROSS!!!! Besides the fact that it was absolutely toxic for my complexion, it is hard to spread, sticky, and thick. It lacks coverage. I joined just to review this grody makeup. NEVER AGAIN!! DO NOT BUY!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by MoMoTheGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I used to use Sephora's airbrush foundation, but I recently ran out. I can't afford to pay $28 on foundation any longer, so I picked up this Almay TLC foundation up at CVS. It was less than half the price of my old foundation and it works so much better!

Pros
- Long lasting, with no oil showing through all throughout the work day
- Doesn't oxidize & make my skin look orange, which is a big problem I have with most foundations on account of my fair skin
- Covers redness well & most of my blemishes
- Doesn't wipe off of face easily, but washes off well.
- No breakouts
- Doesn't feel heavy & doesn't cake

Cons
- Very strong paint smell. I didn't notice when it was on my face but in the bottle it is very noticeable.
- Slightly hard to apply.

This product is still relatively new to me, I've only been using it for a week. So far I am extremely impressed though! I've found it's hard to apply with a typical liquid foundation brush, it goes on a little streaky & I had to use more product to get good coverage. Instead I switched to a stippling brush to apply, and that seems to help the product spread more and blend better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I love this foundation except the color range. I use the beige which is too dark but has the right undertone. If I don't mind having my face a darker color, I'll use this, and it does last about 10 hrs for me- that's with a powder and no primer. Sometimes I mix it with urban decay naked skin foundation and the color ends up perfect! However, in mixing these two foundations the wear is only 8 hrs. I'll probably keep mixing the two or experimenting with the other almay tlc colors to make my perfect match. I still recommend it for the pice and quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this shade in "Buff".
Overall, this foundation really does last quite some time. The only issue I have with it, is that it makes my skin look a little dull. This shade definitely leans more towards the yellow side too. Its really not a bad foundation, and it did not break me out at all which is awesome.

I just wish it had a more dewy/luminous finish, then it would be almost perfect. I am going to try and mix a little bit of highlighter/illuminate in it and see if that helps, but I'd rather just have one foundation perform in every area.

The packaging is great, love the pump. And.. if you catch a good sale, the price is okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by missygarcia1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please make more darker colors. I love the coverage not to thick. Great for my oily skin. The reason why I didn't give it a five stars I need a darker color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- FINALLY. a drugstore foundation that matches my skin
- looks incredibly natural when I put it on
- dries to a satin finish
- lightweight
- keeps my skin feeling oil-free
-- I have oily combination skin
--- my t-zone gets pretty oily
-- I only put powder on my t-zone and chin
--- after 11 hours, my nose only got a little bit oily
- after oxidizing, there is almost no color change
- although I only put powder on my t-zone and chin, the foundation stayed put on my cheeks
-- it does not transfer at all
- medium coverage that is buildable
-- great for everyday use

Cons:
None!~

I use this as my daily foundation. I don't want to cover up my imperfections completely, but I want to even out my skin tone. This foundation does exactly that; it covers up any redness I have but still lets my skin show through. A little also goes a long way with this product; I only dispense two drops that are about the size of a q-tip bud. This is my HG foundation!~

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

- Perfect color match for me
- Great coverage
- Did not break me out
- Affordable

Cons:
- Started to cake up after a few hours
- Settled into my pores
- VERY difficult to blend
- Isn't buildable

Final Thoughts:

I managed to make this foundation work with a lot of effort (after trying with fingers and a brush, I was finally pleased with the beauty blender) but I don't want to spend that long trying to make my foundation look decent--ESPECIALLY if it starts to cake up after a few hours. However, given all the positive reviews for this foundation, I suppose it might just be my skin type. Positively, the coverage and color match was great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by roxyower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohhhhhhh yesss!! Bought this after reading some reviews here! I work 9 hour days and go to the gym afterwards so I want something that will last allllll day. I was using rimmel stay matte and that was working great but looked a little too heavy and didn't last quite as long as I wanted. Then I used covergirl 3 in 1 and that lasted a little bit longer but didn't look good on my skin at all and accentuated my pores but I just stuck with it.. Then I got this foundation and WOW let me tell you, I'm in love. I apply with real techniques damp sponge and it blends sooo much better than covergirl 3 in 1 and manages to cover beautifully without looking Cakey or that fake. It feels lighter and looks lighter but covers great. But the best best part is that it lasts me alllll dayyyy longggg. 730 am to 930 pm I'll have this stuff on and it's no problem at all. I seriously don't even have to powder at all if I don't want. Blot a little but it stays looking so great! I'm so so so so in love and happyy:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by munchkin123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best foundation that I've ever used. I wear this in buff and it matches my skin perfectly all year round. It's so easy to apply with your fingers or brush without it streaking or caking.
Although it is a long wearing formula I find that it has a very light texture similar to wearing nothing, which makes it perfect for building coverage. One layer will give you medium coverage and two should give you full coverage.