NARS Ita Brush

NARS Ita Brush

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm reviewing the mini version of this brush. It came in a NARS cheek palette. I rarely ever used this brush in the first 6 months of owing it. Tried it for blush... It picks up product well but I always had to incorporate another brush because I found it impossible to blend out blush properly using this alone.

People say that they love using it for contour but I don't contour my face (maybe I should start.) I remember when the ita brush was all the rage a few years ago; everyone seemed to be talking about it.

Anyways, I decided to try using this to apply highlighter.

The mini ita brush is beautifully designed. I absolutely love the handle.. the attention to detail is impeccable. The bristles are quite rough (made of goat hair) but don't feel scratchy or uncomfortable on the face.

The problem is that when I use this with my highlighter I can't just dip the brush in, run it through the product, and apply to my face. Doing it that way kicks up a ton of powder and makes a mess. I didn't have that problem when I tried using it with the NARS blushes it came with, but when I pair my Wet n Wild highlighter with this brush it's an issue. However, I LOVE the way my highlight looks when I use this brush. Dabbing the brush in instead of sweeping it works much better.

If you have this brush (that came with a cheek palette like mine did) but haven't been using it, I suggest trying it to apply highlighter. Otherwise, unless you contour, I'd pass on this. Especially for the steep price of the full-sized brush.

on 4/26/2016 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Did I get a faulty brush or something? I don't mind expensive brushes at all. I see them as lifetime investments so money isn't the problem. However I cannot believe this brush is $50+ for the truly poor quality it displays. It splays, washes poorly, is rough, and SHEDS. It sheds so much that I have to spend time picking black hairs off my face for a while because they stick to my base or moisturizer. A truly beautiful Japanese brush sheds virtually no hair no does it irritate skin because it is rough. This is an imposter. I can't see this being worth more than $26 from MAC.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/23/2016 10:12:00 PM

PERFECTION. I have brushes from Mac, Wayne Goss, Surratt, Hakuhodo...

A lot of the reviews I see say this brush is rough or scratchy. and to that I say why yes, yes it is Is! If this were a brush for bronzer or loose powder, and was rough I would tell you to stay away. This brush is for CONTOUR so I think the roughness to this brush actually helps it perform the job it's suppose to do by blending perfectly. This makes contouring very very easy draws beautiful lines and makes your contour look amazing!! Which is the whole point.

Buy it!

One bone I have to pick is it is made in china.. Which I really don't like for the price.
This is also natural hair. Obviously not cut from the softest parts, but if you find your brush is getting too dry while washing add some oil like Olive or Argan. And also make sure you use it with a good contour product! (kevyn aucoin)

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Tons of hype around this but I think it actually lives up to it for the most part! Great contouring brush and makes the technique and skill come into play. I think this is only for advanced makeup artists that really worry and care about precision.

excellent brush!

on 1/29/2016 9:07:00 PM

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. It's extremely versatile for your face. You can use it to contour your cheeks, forehead and nose. You can also use it to apply highlighter on your cheeks, forehead and nose. Its big but thin enough to get big areas and small areas.

on 12/15/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this brush is awesome for contouring and makes it a total breeze. it's extremely, extremely soft and blends out powder like a dream. the shape makes it great for contour placement, and it takes only a couple wiggles and circle movements to have a well-blended contoured face. the size is also really good for nose contouring, and blends that out easily as well. i think this is an excellent brush and worth the expensive price. it makes me want to look into more of the nars brushes!

on 12/4/2015 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best contour brush ever!!!! Perfection every time!!!

on 11/5/2015 11:00:00 PM

With this very pricy brush,cheeks really get their shape and look good! The price is like if I would had to pay the whole price,I just wouldn't pay it.But I got it cheaper than half price.And yes,it is authentic,that I can guarantee for the review.The brush fits in my hand very nicely,it feels good.Good to use,easy to use.Actually I love it nowadays.I started to use it again after I used it for a while didn't like it too much and tried a bunch of other brushes for the contouring.Tried many brushes inbetween these using eras,for example Sigma F40,Real Techniques contour brush and brushes like smaller contour brush,angled brush...I came to the conclusion that Ita brush(I have the original version) is the best for contouring cheekbones and bronzing forehead.And for contour color I started using NYX powder blush in Taupe,also the second time I started to use it.They go hand in hand :) So,if you can afford I recommend this brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If you are contouring challenged you need this! I never really contoured before, I would just bronze up my face because I could never get it to look good. Then I got this and I feel like a pro, the brush does the work for you. You just drip your brush into the bronzer, line it up and wingle it to blend and BAM!

on 8/7/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly do not like this brush at all. I gave in on all the hype and I wished I would of listened to the few 2 people that said it was an unnessesary, overpriced brush! I have used it maybe a total of 4 times and I do not like it. I feel it gives a way too thick contour and it was just too overpriced I wish I would of skipped this one. There's nothing special about this brush and I can honestly say it's one of my least used brush and I own maybe over 100 brushes. Sorry Nars because this one I regret buying.

Popular Makeup Brushes