MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.6

on 8/13/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble finding a pink that looks good on you, check this out! I am nw20, deep winter and on me this is a slightly purple (more lavendar) toned pink with some gold laced through it. It is the perfect balance of warm and cool and pink for my complicated complexion that tends to pull orange/brown out of any shade that has it. I can't wear stuff that is too warm (yellow pinks) or too cool. Creme de la Femme is a well balanced neutral pink. And I am so over matte right now or thick heavy lipsticks that I am welcoming some more shimmer on my lip these days. It is a frost finish from MAC and MAC describes it as "pink laced with gold". I have been through just about every MAC lipstick that would ever work on me. I had put off getting this one because of the frost stigma, yet every time I look over the lipstick sea at MAC to do Back 2 MAC, I always end up looking at this. Well, I finally caved and just got it with my most recent Back 2 MAC. I have been revisiting some of the MAC Frost lipsticks and have been pleasently surprised with Odyssey, this and Fabby.

FYI - I saw a lot of reviews about so many dupes out there, but anything close to this that I have found has silver in it which makes it not work on me or it just looks too darn 80's (Creme de la Femme does not...it stays pretty timeless). The closest dupe I have seen mentioned is Revlon Satin Plum but that shade has been discontinued (at least here in the United States it is no longer listed on Revlon's website).

on 11/2/2014 1:41:00 AM

Creme de la Femme - I loved you so much and on my NC 15 yellow under-toned skin you are still a really pretty pinky/lilac - pulling more pink on me, with a non-frosty subtle shimmer, a great neutral lipstick that pairs so well with many looks. You remind me of my sisters wedding day as you were her lippy of choice.

You go on so nicely and feel comfortable and creamy smooth, though you do wear off pretty quickly with food and drinks..The love has been a little tarnished however as you snapped on me and had to be transferred into a small pot to only be applied with a lip brush. This is my third Mac lipstick (out of many) to go this way so not sure you will be a repurchase because its just a little annoying when this happens.

on 6/17/2012 3:55:00 PM

This is my HG lipstick for day wear. I'm NW20 and this pinky/lilac is beautiful on me. When I want a tad more color, I line and fill in my lips with Half Red liner. I've even had makeup artists at the MAC counter compliment my lipstick and ask which one I'm wearing.
I always wear gloss too and alternate Posh it Up and Nice Buzz with my Creme de la Femme lipstick.

on 6/3/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favourite lipsticks - it's a beautiful medium lavender pink shimmer (or frost, but it's not over the top) - I don't get a lot of warmth or gold glimmer from it but it's definitely not too cool. Finish is ever so slightly sheer, it takes a couple of layers to go opaque on me but lasts fairly well and has a slight vanilla scent that disappears when applied.
Looks fabulous with a baby doll pink cheek and silver smoky eye with lashings of black liner!

on 4/27/2003 10:04:00 PM

I thought this was a very pretty bubble gum pink shade with nice gold shimmer. It wore well and is that nice girly look. Looks really nice with Little Tease lipliner. A must for summer!