MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Myth

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 6/8/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this product because I have naturally very plump rose lips so when I do a dramatic dark eye I like to have a nude lip with it. I find that this lipstick is almost too nude for my skin. I have fair skin and I tried this and it went on okay, I looked a bit sick almost and then it dried my lips. It's very obvious where the line of where the lipstick ends because if I open my mouth there's a big white line where the lipstick is, not cute. When it dries out a bit it looks like you have flakies on the sides of your mouth. Not happy with the lipstick but the color is okay.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm always on the hunt for a nude lipstick, but one that doesn't look like i'm just using concealer, and doesn't go all cakey. This so far, has been the best one i have purchased. The only negative things i have to say are; It is fairly drying, its a satin lipstick, so this should be expected, and putting a little lip gloss over top isn't a big deal. To me anyways. And then the only other thing is on my skin, it almost looks a tad orange. I'm assuming it has some peach undertones to it, and against my skin it definitely shows. Doesn't overly bother me though, i will definitely repurchase!

on 3/17/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Warm medium light skin tone. Makes me look dead. Dark hair. Light eyes.

on 9/25/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmm. Not too sure on this lipstick. I think it looks lovely on many skin tones and me being very fair my mother always jokes that I look like a zombie when I wear it. Quite off putting, but I'm sure she's joking.(or is she?..) Anyway, the lipstick is quite drying which isn't the best for my overly chapped lips(still on the search for a HG lip balm..) I always match it with dark eye shadows and don't really tend to wear it for an everyday look as it does look very un-natural(not that many MAC lipsticks do) i tend to reach for it on nights out okay i should stop talking now I recommend anyone to at least try this lipstick I will be purchasing this again.

on 9/6/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am an NW25 in M.A.C, and this is NOT too pale for me, despite what everyone seems to be saying! Goes on pretty opaquely if applied with a lip brush, or straight on to dry lips. If you dab this on to your lips, or use very sparingly, it can look gorgeous. I like to use Bobbi Brown lip balm underneath Myth, not just because it stops dry lips from looking flakey and gross, but also because its always good to add an SPF to your lips! :)
Myth is a surprisingly matte colour, even though it is considered a 'satin', and is quite a dark nude (e.g, darker than an NW20, but lighter than an NW30) which looks lovely on tanned skin!
If you're worried about looking 'dead', don't! Just don't use a lot of this, and don't forget to wear bronzer or blusher :)

on 6/25/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My go to lipstick, seriously. i wear this more than any other lipstick/glass i own. I'm an nw20 and it looks great on me. (in my opinion of course.) it makes my skin look more tan, and it looks very natural on my lips. A LOT of people say this is very drying, i don't think so. i actually think it's pretty creamy compared to some MAC lipsticks i own.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Firstly, I WOULDN'T recommened this product to anyone who is tanned/olive skinned because IT WILL DRAIN THE COLOUR FROM YOUR FACE - because it is so light.

The consistancy and texture is good, but I do find Mac lipsticks overpriced...

However, if you are looking for an ideal nude (very nude) lipstick this will do!

on 4/10/2011 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I love Myth, but not really because the color works for me. I am NC42, and this color looks ghastly on me by itself, which is fine since I love this color more as a concealer against my awful lip color which is purple on top and pink on bottom. I wear this paired with a pink lipgloss and it looks flawless, it adds a nice pearly nude tone underneath pinks which I absolutely adore! However I can't rate 5 stars because of the dryness it causes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

okay, so the people that have complained about how light/nude this product is, i've noticed are tan or deeper toned. well first off, you wouldn't wear this alone if you are. of course it looks chalky! you need a lip liner. secondly, it is a satin so it does have more of a matte look. IF YOU PUT A MATTE ON, YOU NEED TO HYDRATE THE SKIN YOU PUT IT ON. i think a lot of people who don't like it, aren't educated enough on how to wear it, or because they are a deeper tone, that's not always the color for you. your nude would be a little darker. myth is more of a lipstick that you apply lightly.

with that said, i love it. it gives you the perfect slate for multiple nude looks. put a pink/brown/peach gloss on top and it creates a more nude shade in that tone. you don't need a lot of it. remember, swatch it on your hand before you just buy it. it's not hard to see that it's a light nude lipstick...and not for everyone. BUT IT IS THE PERFECT NUDE FOR MOST PEOPLE, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH IT.

on 2/24/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so wearing this alone is not too flattering..BUT
paired with mac creamsheen gloss in richer, lusher it's gorgeous!
I also love to use this as a "mixer" to tone down vibrant colors such as
Vegas volt & morange Myth with a tad of either one of these gives you a beautiful peachy color. Myth can be a little drying so I always put on chapstick before using it.