Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance - Blushing Coral

Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance -  Blushing Coral

on 4/29/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love to wear this color in winter, I always go through I whole Lippy every season. Love love this color. It's perfect for me.

on 3/4/2012 8:22:00 AM

I got this as a gwp so I've marked it as dirt cheap. Having said that I probably wouldn't have purchased it as I'm not a massive fan of clinique.

Pros: Lovely and creamy feels great on your lips and on me it's not a bad hue. It's a great colour to use as a base for lip gloss and I do wear it during the day but not at night.

Cons: Its a nice colour but not a hg for nude, pink or deep colour. It's a great product but not anything to rave about.

That being said Clinique, while I'm not a fan, does provide good products and you always know what to expect.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/17/2010 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this lipstick! It is definitely my HG. I'm usually not that into lipstick, but I feel like this one is sheer enough for a nice, natural daytime look. It gives a bit of colour, a bit of shimmer (but not too much), and is very moisturizing. It is also perfect for my fair skin (NC 15) and auburn hair. I will definitely repurchase!

Lovely colour, but a little too sheer for me. Probably wouldn't purchase again only because I'm not that into lipsticks. But great for people who love that sheer red look.

on 5/31/2009 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

The color is pretty pigmented - I don't find it sheer at all! It makes my face look brighter and adds a glow. It wears well throughout the day as well.

I took off the lippie as it is a little too glittery. I love it, otherwise. Clinique always makes great lipsticks in my opinion - I love them!

on 3/24/2009 12:48:00 PM

There's not much to add from what the other reviewers have said about this lipstick... it is sheer, but nice for a natural look. I did find an exciting use for it, though... I bought MAC's Fetish b/c I thought it looked great in the tube and at the time in the store it looked pretty good on me as well. However, the next time I put it on during the day, I thought it was way too dark for me (I'm pale, blonde, blue-eyed), at least for daytime. So I tried putting on a really light coat of Fetish with a coat of Blushing Coral on top - and WOW! The result, for my skin anyway, was fantastic. There's a nice brown undertone from Fetish, but it's not too dramatic b/c it's complemented by the pinkish tones of Blushing Coral. It's perfect for going to school/work when you want a little bit of color but don't want to look like you're going to a bar. Add a tad of gloss to the bottom lip, and voila!, a near-perfect shade!

on 7/8/2008 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love Clinique lipsticks in general. My HG is the Long Last Soft Shine l/s in #Blushing Nude. But now it's summertime I wanted to own some coral/peachy pink lippies so I bought this one. It is a lovely texture, more like a moisturizing lip gloss. It's a hint of light golden peachy pink. I love the moisturizing texture, the peachy pink sheen, the sophisticated, sturdy silver tube. A summer staple!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Reference: NW15/20, warm peach undertones, dark dirty-blonde hair, brown/black eyes.
I hate the Clinique lipstick tubes... I just do. They're hideous, in my opinion.
That aside, this lipstick is HG for me! The color - a warm peachy-pink shot through with gold shimmer - is absolutely gorgeous on my complexion. It's sheer enough that it doesn't look like an obnoxious, over-the-top grandma coral, but not so sheer that I'd consider it a MLBB shade. It's just classy, beautiful and chic, and is great when I don't want nude lips or lips that draw too much attention to themselves. It's fairly moisturizing, too, so it doesn't ever dry out my lips.
I reach for this color at least three times a week; in the summer, at least five.
At $14, the price is pretty great, too.
I've already gone through a tube, and plan to rebuy a third as soon as I think this one will run out.
My only gripes are the total lack of staying power and the hideous silver tube. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this as a GWP. It's a lovely pinkish peach with a hint of gold in it. This suits my skintone beautifully - I'm pale with gold undertones. It's moisturising and feels comfortable on the lips. Staying power isn't great but this doesn't bother me. Some have commented on the sheerness of this but I find the level of pigment ok. Packaging quality is the usual high Clinique standards. I find myself reaching for this a lot more than I initially thought I would. It's just a great day-to-day lipstick!

on 4/13/2008 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this lipstick. Its a wear-everyday, super flattering color on my NW20 skin. The lipstick itself is quite moisturizing and has a great feel to it. I would def repurchase this

Popular Lipsticks