Aveda Aveda lipstick in Seashell

No Image

4.3

on 12/13/2007 10:36:00 AM

The lipstick itself is a bit dry for my taste, but I apply one little swipe of my Soft Lips lip balm and then apply this lipstick. The color is beautiful; I used it for my wedding in 2001. It's a pinky brown with a tad of shimmer...a beautiful neutral that really made my teeth look white for my nighttime wedding. I'm usually not one to wear a lot of make-up, but since finding MUA I'm playing around with it a lot more. This is also a nice color if you play with dramatic e/s. The packaging is lame (plastic caps??), but once it's applied who sees that? The l/s does have a strong minty scent, but if you don't mind that then you should give this color a shot. I would buy this color again (and have since my wedding).
UPDATE: My neutral color of choice is now MAC's Hug Me or any number of the NYX Round Lipsticks (Circe, Mars, Perfect, etc) I've recently acquired.

on 1/10/2007 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great natural color of lip stick. I love the AVEDA line! I buy it at a salon with a BIG front window. I love the NATURAL light when picking out makeup. I have now gone cold turkey from the MALL cosmetics. They cost too much the clerks NO NOTHING! and the lighting is AWFUL. I like Aveda. I like almost the entire line

on 12/28/2003 3:26:00 PM

This is my favorite color from Aveda! Seashell is a neutral shimmery taupe shot with a bit of brown. Very beautiful color for day or night. Very creamy, lasts quite awhile & does not dry out lips afterward. The ONLY reason I deducted a lippie is because I cannot stand any fragrance in my lipsticks & this one is a pretty strong mint scent. It does go away, but it takes a bit of time to do so. Other than that, I love this beautiful color. Check it out if your at an Aveda counter!

I don't like the packaging but the color is a shimmery brown. Pretty!