NARS Jungle Red

NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.5

on 5/11/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tons of red lipsticks but this has a special place in my collection. It's extremely versatile: it is a very casual red, think jeans, leather jacket and minimal eye make up but it can be equally worn more formally, think evening/cocktail dress/ red carpet. I am NC15 and it pulls neutral with a slight warm twist on me.
The red lipstick I would take anywhere with me!

One word: AMAZING.
This has completely replaced Ruby Woo as my HG red lipstick. I cannot even remember the last time I wore my RW out.
Funny thing is, I bought this out of complete serendipity--I originally wanted to try Heat Wave, but both NARS shops I went to were out of stock, so to soothe my disappointment, I picked up a red shade at random and thought, "Oh well, let's see how this holds up against Ruby Woo."
This made me realize that I much prefer NARS' semi-matte formula for lipsticks as it is not as drying on my lips and it lasts for hours & hours, even without retouching. I'm still stuck on the "Jeans + white shirt + bare-face apart from red lipstick" phase, and I don't see myself falling out of love with this soon.
Whenever I wear this, I'm sure to be complimented and even asked by people about it. In fact, I've been repeatedly stopped by random strangers (both women AND men!) to ask for the brand and shade of my lipstick! So yeah, this is a show-stopper and a self-confidence booster in a tiny tube. I don't even mind that it's nearly 50% more expensive than MAC's lipsticks--I think I shall go hoard this soon so I'll never run out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I thought a pure red with no visible blue or orange tones would be boring. Never have I been so wrong... We have been so obsessed with our timeless Ruby Woo's and our trendiest neon oranges we have forgotten the beauty of truly red lips. When you wear this, you will be telling the world you are wearing red lipstick. Not cherry, not tomato, not berry, not brick: it is the most gorgeous and sexy pure RED you will find around, in a super smooth matte finish, which makes it more sophisticated. It's a hot statement and a mood lifter.
I wear this when I want to impress or seduce.
If you have blue eyes, this will make them pop like crazy. A personal must-have and one of NARS's best lipsticks.

on 2/6/2013 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing Selena Gomez in Elle and I've found my perfect red! For my skintone I love that it leans a lil orange, but still red. I was scared of how matte it would be, but it just glides on! Feels good, great pigment. Exactly what a red should be.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick for a redhead. I use MAC Dubonnet but it seems more winter appropriate than summer.
For reference, I am PPP with very pink undertones and red/auburn hair. I love how Heat Wave looks...but not on me. I saw Jungle Red next to it and gave it a try and loved it. It's definitely retro red and the perfect amount of matteness. It is a but drying though so I keep lip balm with me too. You can tone it down by blotting and it still look great. I will definitely buy again when needed.

on 5/12/2012 7:43:00 PM

This is a blue based pink-red which I do not like. It's also a bit drying. I do not find this lipstick any special. In fact there are many drugstore reds that are much better in colour and quality.

on 10/9/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is warm red with a satin finish. Can be swiped on over balm for a red stain, or more carefully applied with a brush for a classic look. I'm a warm-toned, pale-skinned sort, but don't find this an alarming, loud red at all. I have no problem wearing this in the day.

on 5/12/2011 9:45:00 AM

I love this lipstick! Especially if you will be shopping all day and would like your lips to be lovely all day long through kisses, snacks etc! This is the one I love to wear. My wife borrows it all the time and she loves it too! Definitely one of the best red lipsticks around!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If you are tan/olive skin tone and want to rock a sexy red, this is the one u need to have. WONDERFUL product, a little bit dry, but I prep my lips before I use any dark l/s shade. I exfoliate with a soft toothbrush and apply lip balm and let my lips absorve it, I line my lips with reversible lip liner then I apply l/s and WOOALA!!! it lasted all morning, no bleeding at all ;-) when retouching I reapply balm, lip liner and l/s.
I will recommend this to anyone that loves a perfect sexy red lips and don't mind to take a little time to prepare their lips or have already smooth lips.

on 9/12/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I've finally found the perfect red lipstick! I've gone through so many reds but something was always wrong - too dark (NARS Shanghai Express), too brick (MAC Dubonnet), too cool (NARS Cruella and Red Lizard), etc. Jungle Red is the perfect bright red on me. I consider it to be a neutral red with just enough pop but isn't too garish like Red Square was on me. It's a bit drying but not too bad. Nothing a little lip balm can't fix!

For reference my foundation colors are: MAC NC30, BE 1.2/2.0 light, Nars Budapest/Ceylan/Fiji.